Just wanted to let let everyone know...

37 replies

JakobJakobNew MemberOP
Nov 22, 2013, 10:10 PM

I'm not a classless Panther fan, if the Dolphins win Sunday I'll be here right after the game to congratulate you guys. Take my word for it. I'll probably even make a few return visits considering most of the people on this forum can carry on a good football conversation and know what they are talking about. Also this is one of the only football forums that looks like it's been updated in the last decade.

I have an account for all 31 other teams and I have to say Dolphins fans are the most knowledgeable and hospitable ones that I've come across yet.

Dolphins Gonna Lose

bbqpitloverbbqpitloverForum Veteran
Nov 22, 2013, 10:18 PM

Welcome Jakob, loved the win you had last weekend but rooting for to lose this Sunday.

Nov 22, 2013, 10:19 PM

No worries man. Good luck Sunday.

You're gonna need it. :shifty:

Fin-OmenalFin-OmenalNew Member
Nov 22, 2013, 10:23 PM

Tell me your thoughts on Ted Ginn??

JakobJakobNew Member
Nov 22, 2013, 10:38 PM

"Fin-Omenal wrote:

Tell me your thoughts on Ted Ginn??

Ted Ginn is a good reason he the Panthers are 7-3 right now. I knew he would bring his elite returning game but, I never expected him to be a factor in the passing game. I remember he had that great 790 yard season in Miami back in 08. I knew he had the talent to be a decent WR but, I didn't think we would be given the chance. Turns out Cam was perfect for Ginn and Ginn was perfect for Cam. Right now Ginn has 411 yards on 24 receptions, averaging 17.1 yards a catch, if he had the same amount of receptions as Steve Smith does this season he would be on pace for a 1300 yard season. Ginn's last minute TD was probably the main reason we beat the Pats *besides Cam Newton*

I always heard Ginn couldn't catch anything and he had brick hands. So far this season he has had the best pair of hands on the team.

Dolphins Gonna Lose

Fin-OmenalFin-OmenalNew Member
Nov 22, 2013, 10:43 PM

"Jakob wrote:

Ted Ginn is a good reason he the Panthers are 7-3 right now. I knew he would bring his elite returning game but, I never expected him to be a factor in the passing game. I remember he had that great 790 yard season in Miami back in 08. I knew he had the talent to be a decent WR but, I didn't think we would be given the chance. Turns out Cam was perfect for Ginn and Ginn was perfect for Cam. Right now Ginn has 411 yards on 24 receptions, averaging 17.1 yards a catch, if he had the same amount of receptions as Steve Smith does this season he would be on pace for a 1300 yard season. Ginn's last minute TD was probably the main reason we beat the Pats *besides Cam Newton*

I always heard Ginn couldn't catch anything and he had brick hands. So far this season he has had the best pair of hands on the team.

Yea, dumping him for a 5th round pick was ridiculous. Especially when Davone Bess is returning punts. Teddy certainly serves a purpose.

JakobJakobNew Member
Nov 22, 2013, 10:46 PM

"Fin-Omenal wrote:

Yea, dumping him for a 5th round pick was ridiculous. Especially when Davone Bess is returning punts. Teddy certainly serves a purpose.

At least the Dolphins realized his potential and used him in the Passing game. It's the 49'ers that really **** the bed. With the injuries they had at WR Ted Ginn could of saved the 49'ers season.

Dolphins Gonna Lose

JakobJakobNew Member
Nov 22, 2013, 10:48 PM

Also, if anyone else ever wants to have an intelligent talk about any sport come on over to the http://www.carolinahuddle.com We are one of the largest sports forums on the internet and 90% of the people are extremely nice and welcoming. We love having fans of other teams. I believe person you know as SICK is an active member of the Huddle and even one of our moderators is a Seahawks fan.

Dolphins Gonna Lose

Nov 22, 2013, 10:57 PM

"Jakob wrote:

Also, if anyone else ever wants to have an intelligent talk about any sport come on over to the http://www.carolinahuddle.com We are one of the largest sports forums on the internet and 90% of the people are extremely nice and welcoming. We love having fans of other teams. I believe person you know as SICK is an active member of the Huddle and even one of our moderators is a Seahawks fan.

I actually browsed there last night. Pretty solid board. Some jackasses but for the most part, knowledgeable and friendly.

Ohio FanaticOhio FanaticSupporter
Nov 22, 2013, 10:58 PM

"Jakob wrote:

At least the Dolphins realized his potential and used him in the Passing game. It's the 49'ers that really **** the bed. With the injuries they had at WR Ted Ginn could of saved the 49'ers season.

bit of a reach. he sucked as a receiver in San Fran because he was a poor fit for their system.

testing

HUhuck1974New Member
Nov 22, 2013, 11:29 PM

In the process of us losing to you, I hope Mr. Wake hits your douche of a QB so hard that he ****s himself. Im actually just jealous that you can root for a team that is not a ****ing joke at the moment.

.

JakobJakobNew Member
Nov 22, 2013, 11:35 PM

"huck1974 wrote:

In the process of us losing to you, I hope Mr. Wake hits your douche of a QB so hard that he ****s himself. Im actually just jealous that you can root for a team that is not a ****ing joke at the moment.

I've been waiting quite a long time to see a winning team again in the Carolinas.

Hopefully we have a game without injuries.

Dolphins Gonna Lose

MAMarino1384New Member
Nov 22, 2013, 11:38 PM

Most of the panthers fans are predicting a blowout. I guess I don't blame them since their team is playing good but our D is better then they think. Should be a pretty close game.

JakobJakobNew Member
Nov 22, 2013, 11:43 PM

"Marino1384 wrote:

Most of the panthers fans are predicting a blowout. I guess I don't blame them since their team is playing good but our D is better then they think. Should be a pretty close game.

It's kinda hard to explain, the Panthers will win or lose a close game or it will be a blowout, that's how it's been for the panthers the past few years.

Dolphins Gonna Lose

MrCleanMrCleanSupporter
Nov 23, 2013, 12:09 AM

"Jakob wrote:

Ted Ginn is a good reason he the Panthers are 7-3 right now. I knew he would bring his elite returning game but, I never expected him to be a factor in the passing game. I remember he had that great 790 yard season in Miami back in 08. I knew he had the talent to be a decent WR but, I didn't think we would be given the chance. Turns out Cam was perfect for Ginn and Ginn was perfect for Cam. Right now Ginn has 411 yards on 24 receptions, averaging 17.1 yards a catch, if he had the same amount of receptions as Steve Smith does this season he would be on pace for a 1300 yard season. Ginn's last minute TD was probably the main reason we beat the Pats *besides Cam Newton*

I always heard Ginn couldn't catch anything and he had brick hands. So far this season he has had the best pair of hands on the team.

Trading Ginn was just one of many stupid moves by Ireland, but hey we got a mediocre corner with the 5th rounder we received in return.
Ginn was vilified by most on the forum because to them he wasn't tough enough. He was too soft for the haters because he didn't lower his shoulder and take on tacklers like Marshawn Lynch. I did not like the trade at the time, did not like it when I saw who the 5 was used on, and have nothing since then to convince me it was a good trade. We had just traded for Marshall. He was going to be getting most of the double teams. That meant had Ginn been kept he would have been going deep with single coverage most of the time. I sure would have liked to have seen that. :pity:

“... I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can.”

― Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

7777FinFanSupporter
Nov 23, 2013, 01:01 AM

Hardcore Buckeye here and I knew Ginn was not ready to play WR in the league when he came out. Don't know how you argue he stay another year to develop those skills when you line up a big check vs taking the risk of getting hurt in college. No brainer.

JakobJakobNew Member
Nov 23, 2013, 01:14 AM

is every dolphin fan on this board a buckeye fan?

Dolphins Gonna Lose

DOLPHAN1DOLPHAN1Luxury Box
Nov 23, 2013, 01:20 AM

"Jakob wrote:

Ted Ginn is a good reason he the Panthers are 7-3 right now. I knew he would bring his elite returning game but, I never expected him to be a factor in the passing game. I remember he had that great 790 yard season in Miami back in 08. I knew he had the talent to be a decent WR but, I didn't think we would be given the chance. Turns out Cam was perfect for Ginn and Ginn was perfect for Cam. Right now Ginn has 411 yards on 24 receptions, averaging 17.1 yards a catch, if he had the same amount of receptions as Steve Smith does this season he would be on pace for a 1300 yard season. Ginn's last minute TD was probably the main reason we beat the Pats *besides Cam Newton*

I always heard Ginn couldn't catch anything and he had brick hands. So far this season he has had the best pair of hands on the team.

no offense but I hope he reverts to his old Miami ways... :shifty:

oh yea and welcome to thePhins

JakobJakobNew Member
Nov 23, 2013, 01:34 AM

"DOLPHAN1 wrote:

no offense but I hope he reverts to his old Miami ways... :shifty:

oh yea and welcome to thePhins

I've got to ask, were Ginn's hands really that bad in Miami? in Carolina I swear his strength has been catching balls that most WR's would have dropped. I can't recall him having a drop all season.

Dolphins Gonna Lose

GMJohnsonGMJohnsonNew Member
Nov 23, 2013, 02:05 AM

Ginn got a raw deal down here, it's not his fault that he was drafted too high. I hope he balls out for Carolina, just not this week.

MAMarino1384New Member
Nov 23, 2013, 02:09 AM

"Jakob wrote:

I've got to ask, were Ginn's hands really that bad in Miami? in Carolina I swear his strength has been catching balls that most WR's would have dropped. I can't recall him having a drop all season.

Yes he dropped alot of balls but might of been out lack of qb with skill. His only good year was 2008 and he had a very accurate and soft touch qb in Pennington. Still thought he should of got more time to develop then what we gave him. Even though his numbers weren't good, the fact was that the dolphins offense looked better when he was on the field because defenses feared his speed and rightfully so.

Starry31Starry31Forum Veteran
Nov 23, 2013, 02:29 AM

I believe person you know as SICK is an active member of the Huddle

Of course he is!

It's been a while but when I browsed the Huddle and compared it to the Phins, it's funny how each site handles college basketball and college football.

cdz12250cdz12250Supporter
Nov 23, 2013, 04:04 AM

"MrClean wrote:

Trading Ginn was just one of many stupid moves by Ireland, but hey we got a mediocre corner with the 5th rounder we received in return.
Ginn was vilified by most on the forum because to them he wasn't tough enough. He was too soft for the haters because he didn't lower his shoulder and take on tacklers like Marshawn Lynch. I did not like the trade at the time, did not like it when I saw who the 5 was used on, and have nothing since then to convince me it was a good trade. We had just traded for Marshall. He was going to be getting most of the double teams. That meant had Ginn been kept he would have been going deep with single coverage most of the time. I sure would have liked to have seen that. :pity:

I agree that we cut him too early, but in reality Ginn's problem was far beyond not lowering his shoulder and taking on tacklers like Marshawn Lynch. He would catch balls and immediately take off for the sideline, making no effort to avoid or escape tacklers and leaving a large number of first downs on the field. He simply did not want to get hit, and it will be interesting to see whether he has changed his style of play on Sunday.

ICIceUpSonNew Member
Nov 23, 2013, 11:27 AM

"Jakob wrote:

I've got to ask, were Ginn's hands really that bad in Miami? in Carolina I swear his strength has been catching balls that most WR's would have dropped. I can't recall him having a drop all season.

He had one huge drop against Niners (I think) on a go route that hit him in the hands and would have been a TD. Besides that, he's been solid.

MonstBlitzMonstBlitzForum Veteran
Nov 23, 2013, 11:58 AM

"MrClean wrote:

Trading Ginn was just one of many stupid moves by Ireland, but hey we got a mediocre corner with the 5th rounder we received in return.
Ginn was vilified by most on the forum because to them he wasn't tough enough. He was too soft for the haters because he didn't lower his shoulder and take on tacklers like Marshawn Lynch. I did not like the trade at the time, did not like it when I saw who the 5 was used on, and have nothing since then to convince me it was a good trade. We had just traded for Marshall. He was going to be getting most of the double teams. That meant had Ginn been kept he would have been going deep with single coverage most of the time. I sure would have liked to have seen that. :pity:

Agreed. Yet another example of Jeff Ireland being completely unable to fill a need without creating a hole. Ted Ginn wasn't worth the first rounder spent, but he had more value than the 5th round pick. Electrifying kick returners with marginal receiving skills (at the time) aren't easy to come by. 5th round picks rarely pan out especially when made by Ireland.

I think Marshall and Ginn could have made a dangerous duo, but we'll never know.