1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Karlos Dansby, Reggie Bush talk Vontae Davis trade

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by xphinfanx, Aug 28, 2012.

1. xphinfanx

xphinfanx Stay strong my friends.

Nov 1, 2009
    Here bash away.
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...vontae-davis-trade?module=HP11_headline_stack

Still 75 players only going to be 53 soon.

Leadership council? Almost funny.

2. PSG

PSG Clear Eyes. Full Hearts.

Nov 24, 2007
    North of the Border
    Dansby and Bush are talking out of class.
    They will be the next to go.

xphinfanx likes this.
  3. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

I feel there's a good chance Dansby is traded. He and Philbin aren't a good match.

We have two second rounders. There is no position drafted more than LB around that spot in the draft. Ireland has to know we can get Dansby's replacement then and there.

Austin Spitler anyone?

xphinfanx likes this.
  4. Mcduffie81

Mcduffie81 Wildcat Club Member

Mar 23, 2008
    Lake Worth, Fl.
    If that happend people would justify it.

Tone_E likes this.
  5. Bpk

Not Bush. Dansby, yes.

Mr772 and Fin D like this.
  6. PSG

Nov 24, 2007
    North of the Border
    It's OK.
    We're rebuilding.....oh wait, apparently we're not.

7. Tone_E

Tone_E Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    That is becoming the problem. Anyone with swag isn't Philbin's type. Philbin wants robots. It is getting annoying to the vets I believe, and everyone knows their season is now a write off unless Ireland gets a WR in a trade. Otherwise, they just back handed the entire team by saying, yes we are rebuilding, deal with it.

MrClean, xphinfanx and Bpk like this.
  8. Rouk

Rouk Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2011
    Hollywood, Florida
    3..2..1.. till half the forums say Bush and Dansby are bums and we should trade them anyways we already had people wanting Jake Long gone when they thought he was injured

9. PSG

Nov 24, 2007
    North of the Border
    Why not Bush?
    He is an FA next right?
    I could see it.

10. xphinfanx

Nov 1, 2009
    The Colts still have a first round pick.
    Would Philbin push Dansby out the door?

11. Bpk

How Philbin handles this will be interesting. Does Dansby not learn? Or was it Philbins failure to communicate about Vontae's trade with the leaders to make sure the lockeroom stayed in step.

Either way, It is no coincidence Dansby has not played nor will play in Dallas. I think he's going to be traded too at this point.

My fear is that Philbin may go too far by removing anyone vocal from the team and leave no leaders. Dansby, I'm okay with him going. Bush we need.

12. Tone_E

Dec 8, 2007
    Dansby is overpaid don't you know? And Bush is an injury waiting to happen! Lets trade them while we can and bring in Philin's prototype players that work best for his system.

13. finsincebirth

finsincebirth Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Really? The problem is swag? Dansby has false brovado and that's about it. He talks all the time about being a leader yet I've hardly seen him do it. The issue isn't that Philbin wasn't robots who aren't cocky and don't show emotion, the issue is he wants to get rid of people who don't get it (if that's even the issue). Also this isn't aimed at you but the society as a whole, the word swag is the dumbest **** word ever. It's right up there with yolo.

mi2cents, Moves, aleeeeex and 3 others like this.
  14. Bpk

Looks too much like a dictatorship if you don't leave ONE voice for the players.

Btw, stop by survivor and vote Bush. Lol

15. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    What is getting annoying to the vets is the reality of this yr being awful, topped off with a lump of a head coach.

I know this league is about $$$, BUT these guys want to win as well, they are not seeing moves that will help us win being made.

MrClean likes this.
  16. Bpk

What's yolo? My iPhone doesn't even know.

17. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Not true at all. Philbin wants professionals.

If Philbin had been coaching here last year, then yes, Dansby would likely have been gone--because he showed up for training camp 30 pounds overweight. That's not professional. But this year, Dansby did what he was supposed to. Thus, he's still around.

This has nothing to do with "swag". It has everything to do with not being a screw-up.

18. PSG

Nov 24, 2007
    North of the Border
    I'm a Wake supporter, sorry bro.

Bpk likes this.
  19. shouright

shouright Banned

Dec 13, 2007
    I don't think either of those comments (by Bush or by Dansby) are anything to be concerned about.

20. finsincebirth

Dec 1, 2007
    You only live once. I think it was first used by Drake, but now it's an excuse for stupid teens to justify the stupid **** they do. "Going to the club and getting drunk on a school night cuz yolo".

dolfan32323 likes this.
  21. PSG

Nov 24, 2007
    North of the Border
    Neither do I.
    But I didn't think head-butting you're wife was cause of dismissal either.:shifty:

smahtaz and Bpk like this.
  22. Mcduffie81

Mcduffie81 Wildcat Club Member

Mar 23, 2008
    Lake Worth, Fl.
    This exactly. At this point who really should care or not if they're traded? Philbin, as of yet, has no credibility as a Head Coach.

Edit: Save for the Lump of a Head Coach. Not ready to go there.

MrClean likes this.
  23. FinSane

FinSane Cynical Dolphins Fan

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    Seems to me like Dansby, Bush and Long are leading a veteran pushback against the new regime especially Philbin. This can't be good.

Bpk likes this.
  24. Bpk

Dansby's a actin' not ta be concerned.

25. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    philbin needs to learn that there is a thin line between creating a culture of professionalism and just being a tyrant. Having said that, as much as people laugh at the idea of the leadership council, it's good philbin gave them a voice.

xphinfanx and Bpk like this.
  26. Bpk

So it's short for yo look I'm a moron?

27. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Post Hard, Post Often Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    If, by "swag" you mean a good work-ethic, taking responsibility for your own actions, and not headbutting women, then yes I don't think "swag" is what Philbin looks for.

28. finsincebirth

Dec 1, 2007
    Exactly. I think you should do a comedy skit on that concept. I'd watch.

Bpk likes this.
  29. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    People are straight up losing their minds.

Philbin got rid of FA who got arrested for headbutting his wife. That is not tyrannical.

The team traded an under performing CB for a 2nd. That is not tyrannical.

30. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    I can only imagine what you would say about theoretical Dolphins rookie head coach Tony Dungy.

needapersonnelguy and Bpk like this.
  31. Bpk

Only if he uses that council. If it's for show, but he didn't use it for this Vontae thing ten he really doesn't give a **** about keeping them in the loop
    Or close. They are finding out about the loss of another brother through the same news sources fans are. Lol.

Hope that's not the case.

32. PSG

Nov 24, 2007
    North of the Border
    I think you may be missing the sarcasm in this thread.

33. Tone_E

Dec 8, 2007
    The word swag is all about interpretation. There are other words that can be substituted.

Philbin strikes me as the type that players can't relate to. His conversations are bumbling and he leads his party to come to their own conclusions while he rambles with frequent pauses leaving his party to awkwardly reinforce verbally the message he is trying to get across. He better put together a winning program because I just don't feel inspired when I watch and listen to Philbin.

34. Bpk

Bump on a mole on his ***?

35. Bpk

All Hail Emperor Joe Feldman

36. maynard

maynard Who, whom?

Dec 5, 2007
    clearwater, fl
    Neither do I. And the little comment about the leadership council at the end of the page is pointless. Nowhere did Philbin say that the council would have a say in personnel decisions. This is also why he did not want to make it official until the final 53.

37. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    no, not showing any patience what so ever, is tyrannical. And please, wondering about the culture he might be creating isn't losing my mind. That's hyperbole on your part.

38. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Cutting CJ is not an example of not having patience and neither is accepting a 2nd for an under performing corner. Thinking those things are is akin to losing one's mind.

needapersonnelguy likes this.
  39. Tone_E

Dec 8, 2007
    Why you bringing head butting into this?

Philin looks to want an NFL roster full of angels with no faults, perfect work ethic, and perfect subordination......ohhh, and talent too right? At what point do you wake up and realize that compromises have to be made to your model of a perfect player if you want to collect as much talent as possible? I'm not saying sign all the divas and trouble makers, but by all means, don't avoid them at all costs either.

MrClean likes this.
  40. xphinfanx

Nov 1, 2009
    To me the leadership council is a good thing. Kind of morbid how they pointed out it has no bearing on who gets the axe or why. So in the next leadership council meeting how will they feel awkward or useless?