1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kenny Wayne Shepherd....Amazing Talent

Discussion in 'TV, Music and Movies' started by maynard, Apr 11, 2010.

1. maynard

maynard Who, whom?

Dec 5, 2007
    clearwater, fl
    saw him last night at the tampa bay blues festival in st. pete.

guy is ridiculous. his original stuff is just ok, but when he just sits back and plays, he is incredible.

his version of voodoo chile (d) blew my mind :hi5:

NJFINSFAN1 and jetssuck like this.
  2. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    he's been playing in a band and cutting albums since he was like 16. He and johnny lang were supposed to be the next stevie ray vaughns. Look up his duet I think he did with king, of the thrill is gone.

3. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Is he related to that Kanye Wayne guy?

4. maynard

maynard Who, whom?

Dec 5, 2007
    clearwater, fl
    will do! i remember lang. i guess these guys dont have real great original stuff that can get them to the next level of recognition. though i suppose the market is far different for a blues player of today. even if it was great, what are the chances that it will be widespread?

ill tell you, ive been to some shows randomly in the area of small bands touring...its still a lot of the punk metal stuff. pretty much all drums and decent singing. when you hear it for 5 minutes, it sounds real complicated and talented but by the third band you realize all the bands have the same sound.....and that its not complicated at all. the drums are played in a way to make it "sound" complicated

its refreshing to say the least to just see a guy get up and play his instrument without any fluff and tricks behind it. on just pure talent, kenny wayne is amazing

5. TrueDolFan

TrueDolFan Minion of Satan

Jun 17, 2008
    Twin Cities, MN
    I saw Kenny Wayne open up for Bob Dylan, of all people, back in the late 90's. His Texas Flood was incredible.

Hands-down one of the best guitar players I've ever seen play live.