1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kevin Jones worked out for the finz and others sat

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by TheAnswer385, Jun 29, 2008.

1. TheAnswer385

TheAnswer385 Stay Low Run Free

Jan 7, 2008
    PA
    Kevin Jones worked out for the Dolphins, Packers, Steelers, and Lions in Michigan on Saturday. - NFLN

Bpk likes this.
  2. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    the lions? lol

3. TheAnswer385

TheAnswer385 Stay Low Run Free

Jan 7, 2008
    PA
    yea thats what i thought also

4. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    i wouldnt mind seeing KJ in a phins uniform. Both Ronnie and Ricky are '?' for this season. Ricky could be banned from the league, and Ronnie could potentially get hurt, god forbid either happen, but neither would require much imagination to envision. KJ also suffers from injury issues, but 3 loose wheels are more stable than two loose wheels.

5. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    i doubt he flew to 4 cities in one day. i thought from the original post that it took place in michigan. could be wrong.

wouldnt mind hearing that birdie chirp.

6. New Era

New Era Waterboy

Nov 28, 2007
    I would think that Miami was looking at him more so due to the fact that he might end up being a Pat...

But I am a big fan of KJ so, if we do sign him great!!!

Kanye West likes this.
  7. Fin Fan In Cali

Fin Fan In Cali Dolphin fan since 1970 Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    Here is the little snipet in today's North County Times under sports briefs.

Jones Workout closely watched.

Kevin Jones went through a workout while four NFL teams watched the running back srpint and cut just five months after he has major knee surgery.

Dr. D.S. Ping, who has been helping Jones rehabilitate his right knee, said Miami, Green Bay, Pittsburgh and Detroit sent representatives to the workout in Saline, Mich.

The lions cut their former first round pick in March with one year left on his contract after he hurt the knee late last season, adding to the injury woes that have stunted his success in the league.

"All the teams basically said they were amazed by what Kevin can do" Ping Said.

Sorry for any typing errors, did that without pasting the article.:wink2:

alen1 and Kanye West like this.
  8. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Jones always seemed to be able to light up a practice field, but never seemed to be able to dominate on the playing field. A contingency plan for us imo with Ronnies knee and Rickys past instability.

9. drdolphin

drdolphin 17-0 Still Perfect

Jun 20, 2008
    Santa Rosa, CA
    I've had him in my fantasy league for like 3 years in a row. I always pick him up late and he has done well for me. Wouldn't mind seeing him as a safety net but not sure we can afford the roster spot on him.

CrunchTime likes this.
  10. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    When he had some blocking and was not injured, he was effective. Hes a very talented back though. He was behind that disastrous thing they call an offensive line in Detroit. I think he could be a very good complementary back because he would be more fresh and less likely to get an injury.

Bpk likes this.
  11. Fin Fan In Cali

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    Kevin Jones works out for Miami Reps

TheAwswer385 started this thread, but we were having problems with something that got in the thread. So thanks bro, this is simply a re-start of your thread.:up:

Here is the little snipet in today's North County Times under sports briefs.

Jones Workout closely watched.

Kevin Jones went through a workout while four NFL teams watched the running back srpint and cut just five months after he has major knee surgery.

Dr. D.S. Ping, who has been helping Jones rehabilitate his right knee, said Miami, Green Bay, Pittsburgh and Detroit sent representatives to the workout in Saline, Mich.

The lions cut their former first round pick in March with one year left on his contract after he hurt the knee late last season, adding to the injury woes that have stunted his success in the league.

"All the teams basically said they were amazed by what Kevin can do" Ping Said.

Sorry for any typing errors, did that without pasting the article.:wink2:

12. Crunkcore

Crunkcore The Crunk One

Jun 17, 2008
    I'm guessing we're keeping all our options open.

13. Fin Fan In Cali

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    I would bro. We got nothing to lose. Especially if Ronnie just happens to not be ready at the beginning of the season.:wink2:

PMZQ likes this.
  14. Crunkcore

Crunkcore The Crunk One

Jun 17, 2008
    Yeah, thats true.

15. PMZQ

PMZQ Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Miami, FL
    Do you guys think there is a better than 75% chance he is 100 % or close to it by TC ?

16. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Maybe. They say he may not be ready for the season so I'm guessing he could be on the PUP list.

17. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

Can't hurt to have the insurance.

18. Phinperor

Phinperor formerly In_Flames Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    VA
    Loved watching KJ at VaTech, but he just can't catch a break in the NFL with all the injuries...no pun intended.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2008
  19. DOLFANMIKE

DOLFANMIKE FOOTBALL COACH 32 YEARS Luxury Box

Mar 22, 2008
    California
    He's a great RB and has a godo attitude / heart. I'd reallt like to see us sign him IF the price is right (for us)

20. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

I'm always of the same mind, until I have to decide to cut loose a young, promising RB to make space.

I'd gladly lose Cobs, but not Parmele.

Not sure where hilliard fits into the Phins future plans.

Either way, have him into camp. A RB may go down before camps done anyways.

Bpk