1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kiper releases his 2010 Big Board

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by padre31, Aug 21, 2009.

1. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    1. *Sam Bradford, QB, Oklahoma: Has underrated arm and great feel for position and is super-accurate.

2. *Eric Berry, S, Tennessee: Ultimate playmaker, in the Ed Reed mold.

3. *Carlos Dunlap, DE, Florida: Physical tools are off the charts. Unlimited upside potential.

4. *Gerald McCoy, DT, Oklahoma: Disruptive force. Productive NFL career ahead.

5. Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska: Explosive, relentless and consistent.

6. Taylor Mays, S, USC: LB size and CB speed.

7. *Jevan Snead, QB, Mississippi: Could have pro career similar to that of former Rebel Eli Manning.

8. *Dez Bryant, WR, Oklahoma St.: Dynamic receiver, punt returner and TD maker.

9. Trent Williams, OT, Oklahoma: Quality all-around bookend, moves from RT to LT this season.

10. *Arrelious Benn, WR, Illinois: Silky smooth, with excellent run-after-catch ability.

11. Colt McCoy, QB, Texas: Intelligent and resourceful. Can beat you with arm or legs.

12. Arthur Jones, DT, Syracuse: Lives in the opponent's backfield.

13. *Jonathan Dwyer, RB, Georgia Tech: Power back, adept at breaking off long runs.

14. Russell Okung, OT, Oklahoma St.: Athletic, strong and fiery blind-side pass protector.

15. Jermaine Gresham, TE, Oklahoma: Big-play TE, dynamic in the red zone.

16. Greg Hardy, DE, Mississippi: Difference-maker harassing the QB when at full strength.

17. Brandon Spikes, LB, Florida: Complete MLB, solid in all areas.

18. Jerry Hughes, DE, TCU: Prolific pass rusher who could be a 3-4 OLB.

19. Terrence Cody, DT, Alabama: Tremendous clogger along the interior.

20. Sean Weatherspoon, LB, Missouri: Makes plays all over the field.

21. *Jahvid Best, RB, California: Versatile, game-breaker supreme.

22. *Damian Williams, WR, USC: Polished receiver and extremely hard worker.

23. Sergio Kindle, LB, Texas: Production finally matched his talent last season.

24. Patrick Robinson, CB, Florida St.: Has the tools to excel at next level.

25. Brandon Graham, DE, Michigan: Awesome athlete and force off the edge.

No link as it is a ESPN insider article at the moment...

Jevan Sneed climbing up there.

2. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I think we may see Brandon Lang of Troy up there before the end of the season. He can play very well. Taylor Mays is so overrated, jesus christ.

One thing that really interests me with Gerald McCoy is him playing the five technique. I know Oklahoma has gone to the 3 down linemen fronts and McCoy I think could have success there at the next level as well.

NaboCane and BuckeyeKing like this.
  3. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007

Agreed on Mays.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jul 5, 2009
    Early, but I cannot wait till next years draft. Should fill up alot of needs.

5. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    Watch out for Thaddeus Gibson DE from Ohio St in for a big year.

Also Kurt Coleman could sneak in Round 1 but he would have to have a unbelievable year.

6. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    A sleeper (mid rounds) is Northern Iowa's James Ruffin.

7. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Sorry Alen, completely disagree about Mays.
    Chris has already beaten me up about this as well, but I think there are three above average linebackers that owe that kid some free lunches. Without him, none of their draft stock would have been where it was last year.
    I watched quite a bit of USC football last year, and that kid IS the real deal IMO, but we will have to see how it all pns out

I don't quite understand? Is this just talent level? Without knowing whom is picking where there is zero merit in this analysis.....actually, I find less merit in what kiper says each year :lol:

I don't have an issue with most of the list I guess. I think McCoy should be a bit higher, and I think Suh could possibly end up being a top 3 pick

Any reason Tebow isn't on the list (This should get interesting) :shifty:

Nappy Roots likes this.
  8. sking29

sking29 What it takes to be cool

Dec 9, 2007
    East Tennessee
    For a dark time in UT football Eric Berry has been the only thing to get excited about, there has even been whole campus events to get him in consideration for the Heisman which for anyone who has watched him he is Heisman consideration worthy IMO (probably not winner though).

Whoever gets Berry will have a star, Pro Bowler, and playmaker for years. I even found a highlight video to show it. :D

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-PG04d4-sI"]YouTube - Eric Berry Career Highlights[/ame]

9. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL

i agree completely on Mays. When i watched USC play and i TRIED to focus and scout other USC plays, Mays always grabbed my attention. Mays always seemed to outshine everyone else. I cant wait to see how he does without the 3 LBs, he will most likely have a lot more opprotunities to make bigger plays.

azfinfanmang likes this.
  10. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Agreed.

He has tremendous physical gifts - but like most USC players, isn't coached to get the most out of them.

He goes way too much for the highlight hit rather than using good tackling fundamentals to finish plays.

He will NOT get away with that in the pros.

11. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    The issue that I have with him is that he doesn't make any plays. I watch him and I see solid range but I don't see big plays. Only highlight reel hits. He has, I think 1 INT and 1 FF the last two years? That doesn't scream top ten overall to me. In my opinion, the Sean Taylor comparisons need to stop. The Ronnie Lott comparisons need to stop as well.

I believe this list is strictly big time NFL prospects for next year, not their projected pick.

ToddsPhins likes this.
  12. Anonymous

Anonymous Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jul 5, 2009
    Does Eric Berry compare to Ed Reed?

13. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Let Todd Bowles or someone get their hands on him. Coaching should be better at this level.

14. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    holy sh@#, you are th first person that i have seen that feels the same way i do about May's....

and after reading the rest of the thread, just a few others..

ToddsPhins likes this.
  15. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    You don't come around this forum much, do you? ;) The reason I ask is because I think all (correct me if im wrong please) the draft gurus (CK, Con, Boom) feel the same way. I'm not sure how KB feels about Mays.

16. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    havent been in a long while, i lived here during the draft though..

17. Roman529

Roman529 Senior Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Colorado Springs, CO
    This is who we want....he is like a man playing with boys:

18. Jerry Hughes, DE, TCU: Prolific pass rusher who could be a 3-4 OLB.

18. Skeet84

Skeet84 New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Terrenance Cody is the pick I want. He would come in and make a huge impact.

19. orangefinfan

orangefinfan New Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ
    I am with you. :knucks:

Skeet84 likes this.
  20. my 2 cents

my 2 cents Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2007
    NC Mountains
    For playmakers give me Morgan Burnett or Darrell Stuckey...............IMHO....

21. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Burnett and Eric Berry are in a class of their own.

Haven't watched Stuckey yet. ;)

22. emale2u1

emale2u1 Season Ticket Holder

Mar 23, 2008
    Maryland
    Kipper seems to be in love with the Oklahoma players, but he didn't list the second best player on that team, DeMarco Murray!! The dude is special. I believe that him getting hurt was a major reason for their loss in the championship game.

23. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    I'm with you Alen. I'm not a fan of over emphasizing physical tools. If Mays doesn't make some big plays this year, I'd rather stick with Clemons. If I need a safery this draft and am picking Top 10, then I don't care if Mays will be on the board at #9.....I'm trading up for Berry, even if it costs me a 3rd. LOL
    Posted via Mobile Device

24. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    I'm thinking Georgia Tech's Derrick Morgan is this year's Robert Ayers.

And I hugely disagree that Jhavid Best is a better future RB/return man than CJ Spiller.
    Posted via Mobile Device

25. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    this draft is so rich in mega talented players from a lot of positions we need an upgrade on or replacement for aging players. I wish we had 3 1st round picks this year!
    Posted via Mobile Device

26. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Spiller reminds me of Westbrook. Though one could make the argument that Spiller is faster than Westbrook in straight line speed. Spiller stops on a dime ridiculously. Its just such a quick and sudden stop despite at one point being at full speed.