1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kiper's 1st 2011 Big Board

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by Gunner, Aug 16, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Gunner

Gunner Rock Hunter

Jan 5, 2008
    Mobile, AL
    McShay's Mock 1.0

1 Buffalo Bills

Record: 0-8
    Andrew Luck*, QB, Stanford

Luck is the complete package. He would quickly provide Buffalo with the most efficient quarterback play it has seen since the Jim Kelly era.

2 Carolina Panthers

Record: 1-7
    Marcell Dareus*, DT, Alabama

The Panthers once-vaunted defensive front seven is a mess. The good news is that Dareus is one of several defensive linemen worthy of top-20 consideration in this year's draft.

3 Dallas Cowboys

Record: 1-7
    Da'Quan Bowers*, DE, Clemson

Marcus Spears might not be long for Dallas but the Cowboys need to figure out their defensive scheme before locking in their personnel. However, Bowers is a stud and can fit in any defensive scheme. He leads the FBS in sacks and is blessed with a rare combination of size and athleticism.

4 San Francisco 49ers

Record: 2-6
    Patrick Peterson*, CB, LSU

Peterson is the closest thing you will find to a shutdown cover corner in college football. He's also shown remarkable return skills in 2010 in his first year on the job.

5 Denver Broncos

Prince Amukamara, CB, Nebraska

Denver needs a stud defensive lineman more than it needs a cornerback but Amukamara is more talented than any available prospect who would fit the team's three-man front. Champ Bailey's days with the Broncos could be numbered so bringing in a young talent like Amukamara would make sense.

6 Cincinnati Bengals

Robert Quinn*, DE, North Carolina

Quinn is a naturally gifted pass-rusher with an enormously high ceiling but he will enter the NFL having not played football in more than a year. The Bengals have never shied away from risk, though, so why start now?

7 Detroit Lions

Adrian Clayborn, DE, Iowa

This might be a bit high for Clayborn, but the top two cornerbacks (Peterson and Amukamara) are off the board and it's never a bad idea to stockpile young talent along the defensive front.

8 Minnesota Vikings

Record: 3-5
    Jake Locker, QB, Washington

Tough call here. Locker's stock is clearly dropping but it will ascend again between now and April. A quarterback with his natural tools, work ethic and competitiveness rarely lasts beyond the top 20 picks. If it's not the Vikings who pull the trigger, the Cardinals and Jaguars are the next two quarterback-needy teams in line.

9 Arizona Cardinals

Nate Solder, OT, Colorado

The Cardinals could be gun shy about spending first-round money on a quarterback so soon after the Matt Leinart debacle. If Luck and Locker are off the board, it would be a no-brainer to look in a different direction. Solder is the most complete talent in a pedestrian group of 2011 offensive line prospects.

10 Cleveland Browns

A.J. Green*, WR, Georgia

The Browns have needs along the defensive front but at this spot they cannot pass up on the most complete wide receiver prospect to enter the NFL draft since Calvin Johnson (Lions).

11 San Diego Chargers

Record: 4-5
    Akeem Ayers*, OLB, UCLA

Ayers is a great fit as an outside linebacker in the Chargers' 3-4 scheme. He's not quite a young Shawne Merriman but he's a talented pass-rusher nonetheless.

12 Jacksonville Jaguars

Record: 4-4
    Ryan Mallett*, QB, Arkansas

Taking Mallett here would be too rich for my blood, but the Jaguars are in dire need of an upgrade at quarterback and Mallett's riffle arm will be pretty tempting.

13 St. Louis Rams

Stephen Paea, D, Oregon State

There is not another receiver worth drafting in the top 25 picks, so the Rams can use this pick to continue rebuilding the defense. Paea's nonstop motor, quickness and power would fit nicely along one of the league's most improved defensive fronts.

14 Seattle Seahawks

Anthony Castonzo, OT, Boston College

There's no Eric Berry- or Earl Thomas-like safety prospect in the 2011 class, so the Seahawks might need to settle for one of the top offensive linemen. Castonzo is a good athlete for a player with his long frame and he continues to add bulk and strength.

15 Washington Redskins

Janoris Jenkins*, CB, Florida

There's no wide receiver or quarterback worth drafting at this spot. Running back is another need area, but do not expect a Mike Shanahan-coached squad to use a first-round pick on one. Jenkins is the most underrated defensive back in the 2011 draft and his smooth cover skills and ball-hawking ability would be welcome additions to the Redskins' secondary.

16 Houston Texans

Allen Bailey, DE, Miami

It's entirely too early to press the panic button on 2010 first-round CB Kareem Jackson, but the Texans still wouldn't mind seeing Jenkins fall this far. With him off the board, why not take the best available talent on the board? Bailey's versatility and interior pass-rushing skills could help Houston's underachieving defensive line finally turn the corner.

17 Miami Dolphins

Mark Ingram*, RB, Alabama

It's never easy pulling the trigger on a running back in Round 1, but given Ronnie Brown's struggles and Ricky Williams' age -- and the fact that both hit free agency after this season -- the Dolphins would have to consider Ingram in this scenario.

18 New England Patriots (via 5-4 Oakland)

Record: 6-2
    Ryan Kerrigan, DE, Purdue

Kerrigan is probably higher on our board than on most others, but very few players with his toughness, pass-rushing savvy, nonstop motor and passion for the game fail to contribute in the NFL. Something tells us coach Bill Belichick would find a place for him to fit.

19 Chicago Bears

Record: 5-3
    Gabe Carimi, OT, Wisconsin

Julio Jones might be the popular pick here, but it's too early to draft a second-tier wide receiver prospect. The Bears would be better served to draft a right tackle who can help keep QB Jay Cutler upright.

20 Kansas City Chiefs

Jeremy Beal, OLB, Oklahoma

The Chiefs need a legitimate edge rusher and Beal has the type of size and versatility that they look for in an outside linebacker.

21 Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Record:5-3
    Von Miller, OLB, Texas A&M

Miller has a freakish combination of size, speed and athletic ability. Strongside linebacker in a 4-3 defense could be the right fit for him. Regardless, Miller can get after the quarterback and the Bucs are in the market for that exact skill.

22 Tennessee Titans

Aaron Williams*, CB, Texas

Williams is one of many talented underclass cornerbacks who could be jockeying for position in the bottom half of the first round. His instincts in coverage and his experience playing both inside and outside will only help his cause.

23 Philadelphia Eagles

Derek Sherrod, OT, Mississippi State

Sherrod is a big and strong right tackle prospect who could also move inside to guard in the NFL. His feet and consistency in pass pro are still works in progress.

24 Indianapolis Colts

Nick Fairley*, DT, Auburn

No player in the country has improved his stock more this season than Fairley. He is a bit light in the lower body but that doesn't bother the Colts, who are far more focused on his explosive first step and relentlessness as a pass-rusher.

25 Green Bay Packers**

Record: 6-3
    Cameron Heyward, DE, Ohio State

Some teams view Heyward as a good fit at the five-technique in a three-man front. Others think he's best suited to play a three-technique for a Tampa 2 style defense. He has the natural ability to warrant Round 1 consideration but it will be interesting to see which team likes him enough in their scheme to pull the trigger.

26 New Orleans Saints**

Record: 6-3
    Drake Nevis, DT, LSU

Nevis struggles to get off of blocks, which ultimately could prevent him from being a first-round pick. However, few defensive tackles in the country have his first-step quickness and ability to disrupt plays in the opposing backfield.

27 New York Giants

Demarcus Love, OT, Arkansas

The Giants are looking for the toughest, most NFL-ready offensive lineman available at their spot and Love fits the description.

28 New England Patrtiots

Cameron Jordan, DE, California

Jordan is a perfect fit as a five-technique in a three-man front and has experience playing that role. He's not as quick as former college teammate Tyson Alualu, but Jordan is a good athlete for his size and he can anchor versus the run.

29 New York Jets

Julio Jones*, WR, Alabama

Receiver is not a top priority at the moment, but Braylon Edwards, Santonio Holmes and Brad Smith are all free agents after this season. Providing QB Mark Sanchez with a young weapon like Jones would be a difficult decision to dispute.

30 Baltimore Ravens

Rahim Moore*, S, UCLA

If Moore elects to leave school early, he could be the top safety off the board. While he's not an elite talent like Berry or Thomas, Moore does have excellent range and ball skills in deep-zone coverage. The time has come for the Ravens to plan for life after Ed Reed.

31 Atlanta Falcons

Brandon Burton, CB, Utah

Burton is an under-the-radar cover corner who is rumored to be eyeing the 2011 NFL draft. Burton will be competing with the likes of Williams, Virginia's Ras-I Dowling, Miami's Brandon Harris and Texas' Curtis Brown for a few spots near the bottom of the first round.

32 Pittsburgh Steelers

Mike Pouncey, G, Florida

The Pouncey twins won a national title together at Florida, so who says they can't win a Super Bowl together in Pittsburgh? Mike has a similar skill set to that of his brother Maurkice, a 2010 first-rounder who is currently the starting center for the Steelers.

ToddsPhins likes this.
  2. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Tough to argue with Ingram, though I think option one will be a trade down to recoup that missing deuce pick.

3. KB21

KB21 Almost Never Wrong Club Member

Dec 6, 2007
    Watched Von Miller yesterday. That guy is a beast on the edge. His numbers do not support it, but he lived in Nebraska's back field and has one of the quickest first steps of any edge rusher I have seen this year.

To add, at this point in time, you have to think the Dolphins will strongly consider Mark Ingram with their first round pick. If Tony Sparano is still in charge next year, this guy fits what he wants to do to a T. He's the best power runner with the best balance that will likely be in the draft. With that said, I have my hesitation about drafting a running back this high, and this is something those from the Bill Parcells school of thought do not typically do. As much as I like Ingram, I'd almost rather take an offensive lineman or a linebacker with that pick.

4. Jaj

Jaj Registered

Mar 23, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Have to think that if they pursue Mankins as we think they will, Ingram would be a real nice addition. Perhaps along with a RB to spell him from free agency you push the clock back on the entire Dolphins' offense.

5. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Assuming we go 8-8, we face three scenarios with Ingram:

1. Ingram is not on the board by the time we pick. The most likely scenario, IMO.
    2. Ingram is on the board, but we pass on him. Second most likely scenario. The Parcells tree views the RB position as fungible in terms of draft value. Of course, Ireland has some of his own ideas, but I think it’s telling that he drafted Jalen Parmele and Lex Hilliard so late in 2008.
    3. We draft Ingram. Least likely option, though perhaps my bias against him is showing here. I don’t think he’s worth the pick we’d spend to get him, especially, as you say, if we could get a great interior offensive lineman instead. Depends on who’s available, though.

I’d honestly rather address the RB position in free agency. It’s a great year to do so. Landing Jamaal Charles and Michael Bush would be a dream scenario. Spruce up the interior of the OL with a promising new center and Logan Mankins at LG, and maybe defenders will actually bite on play action once in a while.

6. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Isn't DeAngelo Williams slated to be a FA? After going on IR and having a down year this past year, I'd think he'd come relatively cheap.

And I'm not saying only bet on him at RB, just that I hope we bring him in to the position (among others) if he's available for a reasonable price.

7. gilv13

gilv13 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2009
    If we don't break the bank, I would be aboard the bring Deangelo to Miami bandwagon. If I remember correctly, he didn't receive a lot of carries his first couple of years so the tread running thin shouldn't be a huge issue........

8. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    I'm not a fan of taking a RB in the first, but Ingram fits what the team needs and wants to do/be and should be the best player available at the that spot. Also since the pick is out of the top 10 it really isn't crippling, salary cap wise.

I watched Luck play for the first time this weekend and he is by far the best QB I've seen coming out. Great balance in the pocket.

9. vmarcilfan75

vmarcilfan75 blah...blah...blah... Club Member

Dec 13, 2007
    City Of Angels
    yes and Goodson's been doing a good job so far. CAR will let DWill walk i think

10. sports24/7

sports24/7 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    This draft should be really interesting from the Dolphins POV. At this point, the only glaring need is the interior of the line and assuming they end up in the 14-20 range, that's fairly early to be taking an interior lineman, especially when it isn't exacly considered to be a strong draft for that area. So if not that, we know they like OLBs, but after drafting Misi in the 2nd last year and having Wake on the other side do they really take another one early this year? They could defnitely use a downfield threat WR and this class is absolutely loaded at WR, but would they really spend a 1st round pick on a WR when they have 3 that are producing pretty well? They could really use a dangerous TE, but in a weak year for the position there really isn't anyone worth taking that high. They will almost certainly need a RB with at least one and potentially both of Ricky and Ronnie gone, but even though they took Julius Jones early in Dallas the preference seems to be not to take one early.

Obviously trading back seems like the best option with a need to recoup a 2nd rounder and a lack of big time needs. But as we know that's easier said than done. If it were me, and I couldn't move back, Mark Ingram would be awfully tempting if he were there.

11. dolfan22

dolfan22 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Am I the only one who isn't bowled over by Ingram?

I don't see he warrants a mid first , at least at this point.

12. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Yes, DeAngelo Williams is slated to be a free agent. As are Jamaal Charles, Michael Bush, Joseph Addai, Cedric Benson, Tim Hightower (who we targeted but missed in 2008, IIRC), Ahmad Bradshaw, Leon Washington, and several others. That’s why I prefer to fix RB in free agency rather than draft a not-quite-stellar Mark Ingram.

My ideal (realistic) backfield going into 2011 is Jamaal Charles, Michael Bush, and a healthy Kory Sheets. Though if DeAngelo Williams has no long-term damage, then I’d do what it takes to get him.

You’re not alone.

13. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    I hate Alabama and Saban, but IMO Ingram is a beast. I actually think he might be a better pro. That being said, I'd prefer to address RB with something other than a 1st, but if we don't, I don't know that we'll have a better option at our selection. I agree with with sport 24/7's assessment of our needs and Ingram maybe far and away the best player available at a position of need.

14. KB21

KB21 Almost Never Wrong Club Member

Dec 6, 2007
    Yeah. I'm not sure why so many do not like Ingram. The guy is a beast on the field. He's nothing but a ball of muscle when you try to tackle him. He's built low to the ground and has impressive balance. He looks like a stronger Emmitt Smith to me or a slightly smaller version of Marion Barber. To put it simply, I'd much rather use a 1st round pick on a back like Ingram who I know can carry it 20+ times a game and hold up than to use it on a part time running back like CJ Spiller last year.

15. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Marion Barber is not a positive comparison these days.

I don’t think this regime will ever want or need a 20+ carry guy, either. These are the same guys who split Marion Barber’s carries with Julius Jones in Dallas, and you yourself constantly point out that they never use Ronnie Brown fully. That’s why I don’t really give much credence to DeAngelo Williams talk; his contract would basically necessitate that he gets 20+ carries a game, and this regime doesn’t want to do that. They’d be more comfortable with guys who can produce with lesser carries, like Charles or Bradshaw.

Speaking of Williams, Charles, and Bradshaw, that sort of free agent RB class more or less negates whatever need might exist to take a running back in the 1st round.

16. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    We will see if any of them actually become available. We need to get better at RB though, adding more explosion and speed. Our offense is sorely lacking that at both RB and WR.

17. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    They’ll look for big guys first and foremost. Michael Bush is more this regime’s type than Jamaal Charles, honestly.

18. sports24/7

Nov 25, 2007
    That's a pretty solid group, but I can't see Charles or Bradshaw making it to free agency and really those are the only two I'd really want to be "the main guy". I wouldn't mind a guy like Bush, but I don't think you can count on Bush to be your main back. Williams is a very good back and you would think he should get out of Carolina with Stewart there, but his injury history might scare the Dolphins off. If someone like Bush or Williams or Hightower were added IMO the Dolphins should still go after a HB in the draft. I actually really like the two backs from Miami, Cooper and Berry. Berry seems like an exact fit of what the Dolphins brass likes. He's a hard inside the tackles runner who can also break off a long one from time to time. Cooper is smaller, but doesn't run like a small back. He's only having an okay year but he's not 100% back from the ACL injury and when he is I think he'll be a pretty good back in the NFL and also should be a return guy.

I think Ingram would be a great fit though. He won't blow you away with his speed, but how many great players got knocked for not having great speed only to go on to have amazing careers. He's a great runner in between the tackles though and that's what this regime will be looking for.

One other name I'm curious what the draft guys think of is Ryan Williams. I haven't seen that much of him, but what I've seen I liked.

19. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Ryan Williams is an animal. He's got some Ricky Williams in him and no I don't mean just the dreads and the number. He plays with good vision, can find the cutback lane, has strong lower body and has good balance.

vmarcilfan75 likes this.
  20. Gunner

Gunner Rock Hunter

Jan 5, 2008
    Mobile, AL
    Been a while, figured it was time for an update from Mel

1 Andrew Luck *
    QB 6-4 235
    Analysis: Now completing 70.2 percent of passes in pro-style offense. Arm, smarts and intelligence are all there. Gift-wrapped QB pick. Last week: No. 1

2 Da'Quan Bowers *
    DE 6-4 277
    Analysis: His 24 TFL are second nationally. A tremendous physical talent who has shown steady relentlessness this year. Ideal size for 4-3 DE. Last week: No. 2

3 A.J. Green *
    WR 6-4 207
    Analysis: Green has been mostly unstoppable even with young QB. Not sure people realize what kind of route-runner he's become. Last week: No. 3

4 Patrick Peterson *
    CB 6-1 211
    Analysis: More than freak athlete, Peterson has continued to improve his technical cover skills. Has quietly become among nation's top return threats. Last week: No. 4

5 Prince Amukamara
    CB 6-1 202
    Analysis: I'd be more concerned about Amukamara's zero interceptions in 2010 if any quarterback was willing to challenge him. A gifted technician. Last week: No. 5

6 Nick Fairley *
    DT 6-5 310
    Analysis: Brilliant season from Fairley. He's dominated even while not 100 percent at times. He simply epitomizes the ideal penetrating 4-3 DT. Last week: No. 6

7 Ryan Mallett *
    QB 6-7 238
    Analysis: Mallett has become far more than a big arm. Patience, poise and willingness to check down have enhanced his stock. Last week: No. 9

8 Cameron Newton
    QB 6-6 250
    Analysis: Once more, Newton got to show that he's more than a mere running threat. Capable of extending plays to use his big arm. Last week: No. 14

9 Julio Jones *
    WR 6-4 211
    Analysis: Jones had a stellar junior season; when healthy, he was impossible to stop; when not, he was still good. Greater ability to separate in 2010. Last week: No. 10

10 Marcell Dareus *
    DE 6-3 306
    Analysis: Played well early against Auburn in his last game, but looked worn with the rest of Bama's defense late. Best suited as 4-3 DT at the NFL level. Last week: No. 8

11 Robert Quinn *
    DE 6-4 267
    Analysis: Freakish athlete with decent size, great quickness and pass-rush skills. Ineligible all year, but scouts are captivated by his talent. Last week: No. 7

12 Ryan Kerrigan
    DE 6-4 259
    Analysis: Led country with 26 TFL, he became simply impossible to block, even against double-teams. He's ideal for 3-4 OLB, possible 4-3 DE. Last week: No. 12

13 Von Miller
    LB 6-3 243
    Analysis: Miller has shown recently that his ability to drop and cover has grown. Good 3-4 pass-rusher, with great edge quickness; sack machine. Last week: No. 15

14 Justin Blackmon *
    WR 6-1 208
    Analysis: Wrapping up a breakout season, he has been impossible to keep covered. Good size and speed combo with ability to set up DBs. Last week: No. 13

15 Akeem Ayers *
    OLB 6-4 251
    Analysis: His exceptional athleticism makes him so versatile. Ideal every-down 3-4 OLB who can rush and cover. Ayers should test well in Indy. Last week. No. 12

16 Drake Nevis
    DT 6-1 289
    Analysis: Explosive, up-the-field tackle. Ideal three-technique who plays with great leverage and passion. Solid against run and pass. Last week: No. 16

17 Nate Solder
    OT 6-9 313
    Analysis: Physical freak with improved skills. Should dominate in workout phase and could get bump in draft short on elite OTs. Last week: No. 17

18 Anthony Castonzo
    OT 6-7 306
    Analysis: Smart, reliable, solid footwork but could add lower-body strength to become better leverage player. Back up after rough stretch. Last week: No. 18

19 Adrian Clayborn
    DE 6-3 282
    Analysis: Sacks were down but increased attention was part of that. A guy who batters offensive linemen; has great motor. Last week: No. 20

20 Derek Sherrod
    OT 6-6 305
    Analysis: A later entry to the Big Board this year. An athlete at OT, he moves his feet well and has been steady against good players; continues to improve. Last week: No. 21

21 Gabe Carimi
    OT 6-7 327
    Analysis: Has had fantastic fall, battling a number of likely high draft picks to standstill. Once beaten by speed too often, his footwork has improved. Last week: No. 22

22 Mark Ingram *
    RB 5-10 216
    Analysis: Average per rush now tick below last year, but explosive and physical after being dinged early. Solid finisher but top-end speed is in question. Last week: No. 19

23 Jake Locker
    QB 6-3 228
    Analysis: Skill set is fantastic, but poor year overall. Has done a great deal of his best work versus bad competition. Last week: No. 23

24 Rahim Moore
    S 6-1 196
    Analysis: Production down this year after breakout 2009 season, but QBs also stayed away. Good instincts, and he gets solid marks as cover safety. Last week: No. 24

25 Jon Baldwin *
    WR 6-5 225
    Analysis: Great physical skills and size. Baldwin has had a rocky season -- games with 1, 3, 2, 3 catches -- but QB issues were part of that. Last week: No. 25

dolfan22 likes this.
  21. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Surprised for the love of Derek Sherrod.

22. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    It pisses me off that the Patriots will probably end up with 3 of these guys. :angry:

23. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    They will probably move down a couple times, save money and build for next year. They're board is not large and they handle the cap really well.

Zanno likes this.
  24. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    Thanks.... that makes me feel soooo much better now. Excuse me for a second............................... :hang:

They're gonna be at the point where they're replacing last year's 2nd and 3rd round players with 2nd and 3rd round guys from this year. :lol: Give it a rest already NE.... save some water for the rest of us dammit.

25. Gunner

Gunner Rock Hunter

Jan 5, 2008
    Mobile, AL
    Great Blue North has a 2 round Mock out:

FIRST ROUND
    Team Player POS School
    1 Carolina *Andrew Luck QB Stanford
    2 Detroit *Da'Quan Bowers DE Clemson
    3 Cincinnati *Nick Fairley DT Auburn
    4 Buffalo *Cam Newton QB Auburn
    5 Arizona *Ryan Mallett QB Arkansas
    6 Denver *Patrick Peterson CB LSU
    7 San Francisco Jake Locker QB Washington
    8 Dallas *Marcel Dareus DE Alabama
    9 Tennessee *A.J. Green WR Georgia
    10 Washington Adrian Clayborn DE Iowa
    11 Houston *Robert Quinn DE North Carolina
    12 Minnesota *Julio Jones WR Alabama
    13 Cleveland Allen Bailey DE Miami
    14 San Diego *Justin Blackmon WR Oklahoma State
    15 New England (from Oakland) Von Miller LB Texas A&M
    16 Seattle Prince Amukamara CB Nebraska
    17 Indianapolis Bruce Carter LB North Carolina
    18 Miami *Nick Foles QB Arizona
    19 Tampa Bay Ryan Kerrigan DE Purdue
    20 Green Bay *Mark Ingram RB Alabama
    21 St. Louis *Michael Floyd WR Notre Dame
    22 Jacksonville Cameron Jordan DE California
    23 Kansas City *Akeem Ayers LB UCLA
    24 New York Giants Nate Solder OT Colorado
    25 Baltimore Cameron Heyward DE Ohio State
    26 Philadelphia Derek Sherrod OT Mississippi State
    27 New Orleans Stephen Paea DT Oregon State
    28 Chicago Anthony Castonzo OT Boston College
    29 New York Jets *Justin Houston LB Georgia
    30 Pittsburgh Demarcus Love OT Arkansas
    31 Atlanta Jeremy Beal DE Oklahoma
    32 New England Gabe Carimi OT Wisconsin

SECOND ROUND
    33 New England (from Carolina) *Jon Baldwin WR Pittsburgh
    34 Cincinnati Greg Jones LB Michigan State
    35 Buffalo *J.J. Watt DE Wisconsin
    36 Detroit *Brandon Harris CB Miami
    37 Denver Mike Pouncey C/G Florida
    38 Arizona *Ras-I Dowling CB Virginia
    39 Dallas DeAndre McDaniel FS Clemson
    40 San Francisco*Janoris Jenkins CB Florida
    41 Washington *Mikel LeShoure RB Illinois
    42 Houston Marvin Austin DT North Carolina
    43 Minnesota Christian Ponder QB Florida State
    44 Cleveland *Shane Vereen RB California
    45 Tennessee Quan Sturdivant LB North Carolina
    46 Oakland *Travis Lewis LB Oklahoma
    47 Seattle *Kyle Rudolph TE Notre Dame
    48 Indianapolis Rodney Hudson OG Florida State
    49 Denver (from Miami)*Martez Wilson LB Illinois
    50 San Diego Dontay Moch LB Nevada
    51 Tampa Bay *Aaron Williams CB Texas
    52 Green Bay Curtis Brown CB Texas
    53 St. Louis *Ryan Broyles WR Oklahoma
    54 Jacksonville *Torrey Smith WR Maryland
    55 New York Giants Jimmy Smith CB Colorado
    56 Baltimore *Brandon Burton CB Utah
    57 Philadelphia Greg Little WR North Carolina
    58 Kansas City Leonard Hankerson WR Miami
    59 Chicago Ben Ijalana G/T Villanova
    60 New York Jets Deunta Williams FS North Carolina
    61 Pittsburgh Christian Ballard DE Iowa
    62 New Orleans Stefan Wisniewski C/G Penn State
    63 Atlanta *Donta Hightower LB Alabama
    64 New England LaMichael James RB Oregon

dolfan22 likes this.
  26. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    When I initially saw Blackmon under Miami I got excited, then realized the "Miami" referred to Bailey's school...... then when I saw our pick, I frowned pretty quickly.

If NE ended up with Baldwin & James added to their offense, I'll be really upset.

Not that I like to wish ill harm on anyone, but Brady needs a career ending head injury, preferably by a golf club from Giselle. (Speaking of Giselle--- I think I'm gonna toss one off to her just so I can rub it in Tom's face.......not literally of course b/c I have principles....... and zero idea where he lives).

27. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    IF I have to watch 1 more of Nick Foles's pre-shotgun snap Tourette's ticks..... I'm gonna crack.

28. sports24/7

Nov 25, 2007
    3 or the top 5 and, 5 of the top 18 picks are QBs? That would be pretty crazy.

29. Boomer

Boomer Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 30, 2007
    LOL. Yeah, he has a little Sergio Garcia in him.

ToddsPhins likes this.
  30. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    I think that I'm already focused on Baldwin. And I'll vomit if the Pats get him. Look at that Jets game- Spike steps up, Hernandez TD, Gronkowski PI in the endzone, McCourty at CB, I don't even remember who the 2nd rd picks were. Bottom line they nailed it, as they probably will this year, too. That team with Baldwin would make me sick. Twin towers outside w/ B Marshall and Baldwin works for me. Bess is a good little receiver in the slot and Hartline is ok as a # 4 type of guy, but we could use a stronger #2. Baldwin fits the bill if he slips to us, and actually he would be better labeled as a co #1.

31. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    As Alen points out, Baldwin has a past to contend with, and I also have not liked some of his efforts on the field. You wonder if the guy will ever be cool with putting his head down, working hard, and doing what the coaches want him to do even if he doesn't necessarily see why he's doing it.

I used to think the world of the guy, and if he slims up a little (thought he got heavy in 2010) and starts running routes like I know he can, then of course he's superman again, but I have some questions about his work ethic and character for sure, and right now there are some guys I would take ahead of him

32. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007

The play against Miami where his quarterback threw up a ball for a fade to Baldwin and he didn't even jump bugged the hell out of me. That's just lazy.

33. Gunner

Gunner Rock Hunter

Jan 5, 2008
    Mobile, AL
    Another not so nice thing to think about ... with the Pats & Jets having such good seasons, its really going to push our SOS up and make it hard for us to win any tie breakers with teams who have the same record. :pity:

34. Speedy

Speedy Dolfan forever! :-)

Jan 12, 2010
    Germany
    But if we lose the tie breakers, doesn't that mean an earlier pick? Or is it the other way around?

35. Gunner

Gunner Rock Hunter

Jan 5, 2008
    Mobile, AL
    Team with the lowest SOS gets the higher pick

Speedy likes this.
  36. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    Really? I think he's terrific. I'm a little baffled by their description of him as an "athlete" at the position because to me he just looks like a good football player and if anything you wonder what kind of speed he's working with. He had a damn near perfect game against Auburn. Didn't do their offense much good but still, he was perfect. Reminds me a LOT of Rodger Saffold, but bigger, I think.

37. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I don't think he's a bad player, I actually like him in the right blocking scheme. I just don't think he's an elite prospect. He's got talent though. I liked Saffold more than I like Sherrod but I really liked Saffold.

38. vmarcilfan75

vmarcilfan75 blah...blah...blah... Club Member

Dec 13, 2007
    City Of Angels
    Would he be the Mike Williams of 2011 draft?

39. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    In my personal opinion: My thoughts last year on Williams were that he was just a little immature, but not a bad apple, and I didn't think he'd pose any risk at all.

If Baldwin is having some laziness issues or feels that the game or his team are beneath him, then he throws up a red flag IMO that's much worse than Mike's immaturity issues. Of course, Baldwin would have to slip out of the 2nd or 3rd round IMO to be the steal of the draft in that regard.

IMO, right now, the Williams of this draft is Greg Little, but only to a lesser degree of production early on.

Not trying to steal CK's answer b/c I'm sure he has his own..... but you posed a good topic question for discussion.

vmarcilfan75 likes this.
  40. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    I had heard about problems that Mike Williams had with working hard in practice, before he was drafted.

I don't think the recent legal trouble he had here in Tampa, which was probably a function of his mouthing off to the cops that pulled him over, will be the end of his troubles.

vmarcilfan75 likes this.