1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kirwan Mock 2.0

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by Fin-Omenal, Mar 19, 2010.

Tags:
  1. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Okay, lets try to be even a little bit objective here, aside from the obvious...

He starts out with this:

but has him going at 7?

Hate to see where he very possibly the 2nd best overall player in the draft going before he "Moved up the boards".

Earl Thomas to Jacksonville? No way... no how!!!

25 is Waaaayyyy too early for Patrick Robinson....perhaps an entire round too early?

Ryan Mathews is a "Nice" player, but 28th pick overall? Gotta be a typo. I could see perhaps Javid Beast...but I no way see Ryan Mathews.

2. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University

Mathews might be the 2nd best back though, I didnt see anymore than 2 Corners going in the 1st myself, Jacksonville MUST get some sort of a pass rush or guys like Schaub and Manning will continue to eat them alive.

3. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Safties just dont go that high, no matter how talented. Berry is an interesting case because he may be the best safety to ever come out of the draft. Will someone bite? History says no, but hes gonna be a tough player to pass up.

Why cant Thomas go to JVille? They need a safety badly. They just gave a monster contract to Kampman after drafting 2 DEs, so hard to see them going there. Dez Bryant is obviously a possible candidate, but they passed on Crabtree last year.

Cant really disagree on Robinson. Matthews is more of what San Diego needs than Best imo - a harder runner. They have the speedback on their roster already.

djphinfan likes this.
  4. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    I disagree about Thomas. While I don't see it happening, I do think it could and I wouldn't be too surprised (depending on who is on the board).

Matthews is definitely a fringe 1st rd pick IMO, and would be worth every bit of 28 to SD. He's very good.

5. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    If a Claussen slips to Jax why wouldnt they bite? Gerrard is an okay player but I could see them picking what might be the "Qb of the future" ofcourse they may very well be planning on drafting Tebow in the 2nd for PR reasons.

6. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    I don't see how he could have Clausen going to Seattle after they traded for the QB and gave him that big contract. I actually think several of the picks seem unlikely. Too many to list, but I find this mock unrealistic.

7. keithjackson

keithjackson Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 1, 2007
    i think earl thomas to jax is VERY likely