1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kooch on the HOF list again this year

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Zeke0123, Nov 29, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Zeke0123

Zeke0123 message board ******* Club Member

Nov 22, 2007
  2. Finsavior

Finsavior New Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Mexico
    There is also Chris Carter who is also a former Dolphin (for a year)..., but I really hope Bob enters the HOF, he deserves it, he could be one of the best O-Line men in football history, I mean, all those straight years to the Pro Bowl!, he deserves it no doubt, the problem is that he is competing against Chris Carter, Terrell Davis among other great football players...

GO BOB!!!

3. cnc66

cnc66 wiley veteran, bad spelur Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    you go Bob !!

4. njfinfan

njfinfan The First Lady

Nov 23, 2007
    Newark, NJ
    How many go rounds is this for him?

5. Coral Reefer

Coral Reefer Premium Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Back in Miami
    I really hope Kooch makes it.
    The guy has been and is deserving of the honor.

6. RevRick

RevRick Long Haired Leaping Gnome Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Thomasville, GA
    Just for grins...

Richard Dent, Darrell Green, Ray Guy, Joe Jacoby, Kooch, Art Monk, and Derrick Thomas. Sounds like a good class to me...

7. cdz12250

cdz12250 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Coconut Grove
    There is absolutely no logical reason why Jim Langer and Larry Little, both great players, should be in the Hall of Fame and not Kooch.

I remember having been a Jets fan before I moved to Miami and watching that *#@^&!!! interior line play. It wasn't just the push they could get; they could also pull and lead sweeps and do traps.

It was a waste of time watching them as a Jets fan, because you knew that no matter what the Jets did, Csonka was going to get at least three to four yards whenever he pleased, and you couldn't stack the box too much because Kiick and Merc would kill you with the damn sweeps.

That was because of Kooch as much as anyone else. He deserves to join his teammates in Canton. Hopefully, the HOF voters will keep in mind how difficult it's been to be a Dolphins fan this year and throw us that bone. Not that Kooch should need any help.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2007
  8. cnc66

cnc66 wiley veteran, bad spelur Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Biography:
    One of South Florida’s most beloved sports legend, Bob "Kooch" Kuechenberg is considered the most versatile offensive lineman in NFL history. During his 15 year career with the Miami Dolphins, Kooch was one of Coach Don Shula’s star players, playing all three offensive line positions(center, guard, and tackle), as well as working on special teams and performing long snapping duties on all punts, field goals, and extra points.

After teaching himself to long-snap in mid-career (1978), Kooch went on to become the best snapper in the NFL, performing those duties in several Pro Bowls. An equally talented offensive guard and tackle, Kooch became the only offensive lineman in NFL history to earn All Pro honors in two different positions in the same year (1978). Kuechenberg will be best remembered for his determination to finish every game he started (205), and his willingness to take the field despite injury.

Bob has played with broken ankles, a broken forearm, and in 1977 he performed long snapping duties for two Dolphin games while wearing a bodycast for a broken back. Kooch’s grit is best illustrated with this fact: During his 26 years of organized football, from 7th grade and high school to college and 16 years of pro football, no game was ever stopped and no time out was ever taken to help Kooch off the field.

Bob’s career ended in 1985 after double-vision caused by 26 years of "putting his head in the numbers" took its toll making Kooch unable to play. At that time, he had tested better than ever before, logging his fastest distance run and bench pressing a Dolphin record of 475 lbs.

Now, just look at my avatar.. really look.. that's a man.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2007