1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kurt Warner on Tua

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Galant, Nov 5, 2021.

1. Galant

Galant Love - Unity - Sacrifice - Eternity

Apr 22, 2014

Irishman and Tone_E like this.
  2. Dorfdad

Dorfdad Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Tua gets his contract to prove he’s not the man. This is his rookie season. Fix the line and Tua will shine .

3. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    It's nice to see other pros saying "It's not Tua", but it's been pretty obvious that he's playing good football during this losing streak. His ball placement has been incredible and I'm really hoping that this doesn't turn into another Chad Henne type of scenario where the QB is out with the next regimen.

daphins and MikeHoncho like this.
  4. JJ_79

JJ_79 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2012
    Germany
    I‘m with you on that but the last 2 decades let me expect the opposite by now…

daphins, MikeHoncho and KeyFin like this.
  5. The_Dark_Knight

The_Dark_Knight Defender of the Truth

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    Looks like it’s more of a playbook issue. Seems Tua is making the RIGHT decisions although many are complaining of him chucking down. If the pass isn’t there, then it isn’t there. Go with what the defense gives you.

But Warner did point out areas that Tagovailoa does need improvement on…and that will come with time in my opinion

6. cbrad

cbrad .

Dec 21, 2014
    Tua's still missing a lot out there. In a large number of examples Warner goes through you can see there were better options, or options that better QB's could/would take advantage of. That's not a problem given that he's still in year 2 (doesn't even have 16 games as starter yet).

What's important is showing improvement, and while it's not showing up in the stats yet because of that Buffalo game it should show by the end of the year. Next up is the Texans, and Tua needs to play real well or it will be a bit concerning.

KeyFin, daphins and JJ_79 like this.
  7. The_Dark_Knight

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    Wait, WHAT????

A Super Bowl quarterback breaks Tua down and is praising him in making the RIGHT throws, going through his progressions and making accurate throws and you’re contradicting him?

Dol-Fan Dupree likes this.
  8. cbrad

cbrad .

Dec 21, 2014
    Yeah I am. Experts disagree amongst themselves as much as fans.

Think about the alternative. He's right that Tua is making all the right throws in a huge number of cases, which means that essentially all the blame falls on coaches, or other players for not getting open etc. I don't for one moment believe that a much better QB in the exact same situations would choose the same "right" throws as Tua. No, you can see for yourself in those videos how there were better options.

Also note that he's only picking certain plays, so it creates a narrative that's likely different than if he had picked a different set of plays.

Sceeto likes this.
  9. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    OMG. This is truly sad.

10. Rouk

Rouk Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2011
    Hollywood, Florida
    I enjoy watching people do film review on youtube where some guy on the other side of the field gets open after tua already threw the ball and they are like OMG WHY didnt tua hit that guy. It cracks me up every time.

Silverphin likes this.
  11. hitman8

hitman8 Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2016
    Yeah, Tua is doing the basics right. Mostly easy throws shown here. Again, tua is good enough to start and maybe win a Superbowl on a great team. However, he is not an elite talent and cannot be characterized as a franchise QB. I don't see him making any of the harder throws down field that other elite QBs can make.

12. ExplosionsInDaSky

ExplosionsInDaSky Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    If we win a Super Bowl with Tua, I personally won't be upset at all. Usually it takes a great all around effort from a very good team that is also playing at a peak level to achieve such a thing. I don't ever remember a quarterback just single handily willing his team to a Super Bowl victory in that specific setting. Generally it takes great defensive play, I don't know....some good blocking, maybe a little luck too. It always appears to be a collective effort on both sides during the 30+ years I've been watching football. Now, a quarterback can will his team to a win in the regular season, but the postseason requires everyone at each position doing their jobs a step up from the norm. Yes. This includes the quarterback not throwing picks and turning the ball over. A running game might help too.

13. cbrad

cbrad .

Dec 21, 2014
    I don't think anyone here would be upset with winning a SB even if it's with Pat White as QB. But which QB you have has a massive influence on the probability of winning a SB, which is why it's so important whether Tua ends up being well above average or not.

I just think people need to wait and see how Tua actually develops this year and (potentially) next instead of just assuming he can never develop into such a QB. For me, he needs to end this year statistically at least slightly above average or it shows too little improvement from last year, and IF he does that then next year he needs to be solidly above average.

KeyFin likes this.
  14. pumpdogs

pumpdogs Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    delaware
    Dude probally isn't playing again tomorrow.
    Like I said during draft he is injury prone.

15. ExplosionsInDaSky

Sep 13, 2011
    I agree with everything you just said. No argument at all from me. It's exactly how I feel about the whole situation. It's way too early to write him off, but he's got to end the year on a positive note and preferably an upswing going into next season. I wanna feel like "ok, he's got it figured out, next year he'll take off." I mean like it or not, he's going to be our guy next year too. We don't have the resources to go all in for another QB, nor will we be in a draft position to do so unless someone falls to the second round and decide to take a gamble. Frankly, there really isn't any quarterbacks I like in this upcoming draft better than Tua.

16. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    How about this guy. HaHaHa! Sorry. Sadly, I pretty much agree with him.

17. Fireland

Fireland Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    3 hour video? You would have trouble convincing me to spend 3 hours watching the Dolphins actually play.

18. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    Yeah. Just a few minutes is enough. Ha! That’s all I watched.

19. hitman8

Nov 11, 2016
    Yeah, he pretty much nailed it. It's a dink and dunk fest with Tua because that's pretty much the only way we can make him look decent.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2021
    Sceeto likes this.
  20. ExplosionsInDaSky

Sep 13, 2011
    Wrong....we're throwing short because he has no time to get the ball out. Have you even watched a game this year?

21. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    I just got home from work and had a chance to better watch that piece.
    I am sorry, but I really don’t get how that is exciting some of you. That was pretty sad. That was the best he could find? I wish I had more time to post now and better explain my view on this matter, but I don’t. However, that kind of depressed me.
    Oh man. I hope I am wrong. Please?

Last edited: Nov 6, 2021
  22. hitman8

Nov 11, 2016
    Yes, I've watched every game. Don't blame it all on the offensive line, Tua just doesn't have the arm and athleticism to buy time and consistently threaten the defense on longer throws.

23. Rouk

Rouk Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2011
    Hollywood, Florida
    We dont even have deep routes on the majority of snaps. The amount of short hitches and rubs and quick slants we run every play is hilarious. The idea this offense is built to make tua look good makes zero sense. Its so easy for the defense to stack the line and jump routes with our predictable offense atm. The windows tua had to throw into bs the bills was non existent. I was surprised he got out of that game with only one int.

24. hitman8

Nov 11, 2016
    This is not entirely accurate. There were some deeper routes run during the buffalo game, but Tua just didn't hit them. He prefers to check down or run it himself. He left open receivers down field on a couple of occasions in order to take the safer throw or run up the middle.

25. pumpdogs

Sep 22, 2009
    delaware
    He is officially out again.Complete Bust 2020 draft!

Sceeto likes this.
  26. The_Dark_Knight

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    The Miami Dolphins have been a complete bust since the retirement of Don Shula. The team should have been disbanded and the stadium burned to the ground.

27. pumpdogs

Sep 22, 2009
    delaware
    Ha!Your probally right.It would have saved me alot of dissapointing sundays.