1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kyle Orton, Carson Palmer or stay with Chad Henne/Matt Moore?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Paul 13, Aug 3, 2011.

Which QB woud you rather have?

Poll closed Sep 2, 2011.
  1. Kyle Orton

12 vote(s)
    15.8%
  2. Carson Palmer

29 vote(s)
    38.2%
  3. Chad Henne / Matt Moore

35 vote(s)
    46.1%
  1. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    You have to answer the question. One of three choices. There is no other. Forget about what we have to give up for either one for a moment. Which would you rather have, all things being equal?

2. JMHPhin

JMHPhin Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 27, 2007
    Ohio
    Carson Palmer intrigues me, but voted Henne. This allows us to put the evaluation to bed and we can get our franchise qb in teh draft rather than going after another retread or after 1st rd qb.

If CK is right and they are too afraid, well if Henne aint it, they wont be here. Even if Irish stayed he would have a mandate to get the Qb.

3. schmolioot

schmolioot Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Orlando
    Palmer. Easy choice

4. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    If we're taking price completely out of the equation I'm not sure how Henne/Moore gets 5 votes.

DolfanJake likes this.
  5. JMHPhin

Nov 27, 2007
    Ohio
    Its simple, I want Luck, Landry or Barkely. Palmer or Orton would mean l/t commitments.

Boik14 likes this.
  6. Dolphins1Beatles

Dolphins1Beatles Ziggy Stardust

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    Yeah if you could choose any one with cost out of the way, Palmer would be clear. We won't get Luck, the Dolphins defense should win them enough games.

7. Tin Indian

Tin Indian Rockin' The Bottom End Club Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Palm Bay Florida
    If it is a pure hypothetical and all are truly attainable no question to me, Palmer.

8. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
    Perhaps the next poll should be, if you want Henne/Moore, do you want to see the Dolphins win this year or are you hoping they lose so they can have a better shot at getting their guy in the draft next year? What's the motivation there.

9. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    LOL, Matt Moore should not be part of the poll. Straight up - Orton - Palmer - Henne ( I chose Palmer)

But, all things are not equal, so I hope this thread doesn't get carried away.

10. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
    polls not over, i've got 9 votes for Palmer or Orton and 8 votes to keep the status quo.

11. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    Then you would rather the Dolphins suck for Luck?

12. JMHPhin

Nov 27, 2007
    Ohio
    No its not baffling. Ok if you take everything else out of teh equation, yes Palmer and it isnt close. But I cant just say all things equal, cause reality sets in and it isnt. I am tired of band aids or taking qbs that need developing only to fail to attempt to actually develop them. Draft a a qb in 12, I really want one of the 3. We aree smart we should have the ammo to get up and get 1 of them. You want to trade Starks, package him with picks and if necessary, other players and move up and get one. At least then you are investing in teh position, you are getting a new whole brick not patching the cracked old one

DolfanJake and Trowa like this.
  13. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    It doesn't happen unless the Dolphins overwhelm Denver with an offer they cant refuse, Tebow is blowing up over at press time....the only reason why I could see it, is that deep down Elway knows Tebow isnt the guy, but wants Luck, sooooooooo he trades Orton under the guise of "clearing cap space" but know T-Bizzy will suck it up big time, then it is Luck-time who is more of a Elway guy anyway and from Stanford....that scenario is unlikely...

Henne or the Highway for us boys and girls...or mayyyyyy be Flynn....

14. JMHPhin

Nov 27, 2007
    Ohio

Oh hell no. I just think that Palmer is no chance, Brown doesnt back down. Orton to me doesnt win many games more than Henne and has reached his ceiling. Henne hasnt. I agree with alot of perspective like what Prisco said, you had an archaic offense, no big play ability receiver, a shamble of an o-line etc that henne deserves a shot considering that there were not any option available that was sooo much better we are challengers by getting them. Palmer maybe but we are getting him, if it does become a realistic option then as long as we dont give up teh equiv of moving up to #1 overall then Palmer is a good qb. He is a very sign upgrade to henne. I just dont see it. Everything available is a band aid and in my not so intelligent opinion a seriously better option than surrounding Henne with better tools and taking teh chains off and seeing what he can do without excuses, and then going all in on a qb in the '12 draft if Henne fails and maybe even if he doesnt. Then it is to go after another band aid. Like I said we should have enough ammo to move up, even if it costs us a couple picks and a couple players, we have positions we are deep at where we can afford to part with talent.

15. Tin Indian

Feb 10, 2010
    Palm Bay Florida
    As I read this it is a pure hypothetical between those 3 choices. No other outside factors.

16. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
    It's essentially put on a coaches headset rather than playing GM.

17. SCall13

SCall13 ThePhins QB

While I still think Henne can get it done for us, I had to choose Palmer because this guy is a leader and I feel he just needs a change of venue to inspire him back to his previous level of play. And it isn't like he has ever had a straight up HORRIBLE season. His career rating is a very respectable 86+. He's easily be the best QB we'd have since Marino. That said, is somehow this were to happen, it would almost certainly take us out of the running for a top QB in the next draft. Then, I'm hoping Henne improves HIS play enough where drafting a QB next year will be low on the priority list. Truth is, regardless of how Henne play this year, we are too good to even be thinking about drafting one of the better QBs in next years draft unless we decide to trade our entire draft to do so.

18. rdhstlr23

rdhstlr23 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    I voted Chad Henne.

At this point, he is the best chance for success in 2011. As Tony Sparano mentioned, they are preparing for the NE game and installing the offense for that game. I just don't see how acquiring a QB and getting him to catch up would be success for the Fins there.

I know Chad Pennington did it, but that guy was one of the Top 5 most intelligent people of any position to play the game, IMO.

19. Trowa

Trowa A world of pain

May 8, 2008
    The Bengals aren't letting Palmer go. The Broncos aren't letting Orton go. Your poll is is rendered null and void by facts.

20. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    I don't agree that anything but grabbing a FA QB means that we're going to suck for Luck. I think that at a minimum our defense will be good and possibly very, very good and that Daboll will do a better job than Henning did. I think that puts as at worst about the same place we were last year and probably better.

21. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

You realize how inane that post was right?

22. SCall13

SCall13 ThePhins QB

The poll, as he states, was "all things being equal" who would you choose. He did stress that. Because it was out of curiosity.

Tin Indian and Paul 13 like this.
  23. Ophinerated

Ophinerated Preposterous!

Apr 1, 2008
    Well with all things being equal, which you can't have... because you have hind-sight involved. Basically you take Orton in his 4th year in the league and Palmer in his 4th year in the league and Henne in his 4th year in the league... You have hind-sight involved for more years with Palmer and Orton. The obvious choice is probably Palmer, but I am not sure we have seen all of what Henne can amount to. So I chose to stick it out and see what he can become. If he doesn't improve greatly this year, then it's time to move on.

24. SCall13

SCall13 ThePhins QB

Preaching to the choir bro. I support Henne.

Ophinerated likes this.
  25. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
    Thanks for playing... have a nice day.

smahtaz likes this.
  26. Trowa

Trowa A world of pain

May 8, 2008
    Well, if we're going to throw out options at QB we'd rather have that we have no realistic chance of getting I'll vote for Peyton Manning.

27. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
    ummm... no

28. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
    you could just not vote and move along.

SCall13 likes this.
  29. Trowa

Trowa A world of pain

May 8, 2008
    You could just not make polls that make no sense. If you're going to do that you're subjecting yourself to the critcisms of your peers. Not my fault.

Ophinerated likes this.
  30. Ophinerated

Ophinerated Preposterous!

Apr 1, 2008
    I am allowed to have my view of the situation. And it is a fact that there is hind-sight involved. So...

ummm... yes

Edit: Judging by your responses to those that don't agree with you... why didn't you just make the poll with just Palmer as the option? Would have saved everyone some time.

SCall13 and Trowa like this.
  31. Tin Indian

Feb 10, 2010
    Palm Bay Florida
    This is a hypothetical between the 3 choices laid out by the OP. I think we all realize that barring any bizarre late deal Henne/Moore are our Qb's for this year.

SCall13 likes this.
  32. Trowa

Trowa A world of pain

May 8, 2008
    So can I make a poll of who would you rather have at RB: O.J. Simpson, Barry Sanders, Marshall Faulk, or Reggie Bush?

33. Trowa

Trowa A world of pain

May 8, 2008
    Define relevance. We have as much chance at landing Walter Peyton as we do Palmer or Orton.

34. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

Orton or Palmer are guaranteed to keep us out of a QB of the future market until it's too late. Henne can do one of two things this year. Be the QB of the future, or help us get the QB of the future.

SCall13 likes this.
  35. SCall13

SCall13 ThePhins QB

Except, that wasn't an option the original POSTER gave us! Read please! Thanks.

Paul 13 likes this.
  36. SCall13

SCall13 ThePhins QB

You have the right to make a poll about whomever you like.

37. SCall13

SCall13 ThePhins QB

Really guy? They are both active and ALIVE! (No disrespect to Peyton). When it comes to the NFL, there is nothing out of the question. And this was hypothetical. Please read the original post again so you don't continue to make a fool of yourself.

Paul 13 likes this.
  38. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    There's less skill combined in those 4 than there is in Peyton Manning's left testicle.

Trowa likes this.
  39. Trowa

Trowa A world of pain

May 8, 2008
    I'm just trolling Paul cause I'm bored. Class got cancelled tonight due to weather. It goes back to the Survivor game from a couple years ago. I think he knows it's all in good fun.

40. Southbeach

Southbeach Banned

Aug 22, 2010
    I do nothing now. Nest year, Orton should cost nothing but money, Palmer may be available, many draft options or, Henne may be the choice.

Paul 13 likes this.