Lame Fans

46 replies

Mcduffie81Mcduffie81Supporter
Nov 29, 2016, 11:14 PM

I don't mind when I see Dolphins fans whooping other obnoxious fans asses. To me that's the price they pay for acting like assholes in OUR stadium!

This was different! I saw that kid on the parents shoulder and my stomach dropped. And like someone else said "McLovin" looked like he may have been handicapped. That's truely disgraceful!

"There is nothing to fear, except everyone trying to tackle me." - Ted Ginn Jr.

brandon27brandon27Supporter
Nov 30, 2016, 07:46 AM

"Mcduffie81 wrote:

I don't mind when I see Dolphins fans whooping other obnoxious fans asses. To me that's the price they pay for acting like *******s in OUR stadium!

This was different! I saw that kid on the parents shoulder and my stomach dropped. And like someone else said "McLovin" looked like he may have been handicapped. That's truely disgraceful!

Really? Get a grip man... seriously. It's only a football team, it's only a game, we're only fans, and we all have the right to cheer for our team, wherever we are. We're all human beings... Sounds like you're one of the ones that needs to stay home on Sundays if you can't handle opposing fans cheering on their team.


1972 Miami Dolphins-The ONLY undefeated team in NFL history!!!

FameFameForum Veteran
Nov 30, 2016, 08:58 AM

Let's be honest here. Our stadium has been like this for the last decade, and despite my love for the Dolphins its turned into one of the most toxic sporting environments I've ever seen, especially in the upper levels.

I cancelled my season tickets years ago because of behavior like this from Fins fans. The tailgating outside has gotten to a point where you can't actually get into the stadium without wading through a sea of millions of empty beer bottles on the ground. Just about everyone is hammered and angry. I've even had Dolphins fans heckle my then 6 year old son for wanting to seek shelter from the rain.

Love the team. Hate going to see games now.

Mcduffie81Mcduffie81Supporter
Nov 30, 2016, 09:59 AM

"brandon27 wrote:

Really? Get a grip man... seriously. It's only a football team, it's only a game, we're only fans, and we all have the right to cheer for our team, wherever we are. We're all human beings... Sounds like you're one of the ones that needs to stay home on Sundays if you can't handle opposing fans cheering on their team.

I don't mind other fans cheering. I'm cool as can be to other fans and converse with them. But I mind when say other drunk assholes from other states taunt us in our own stadium! Bills, Jets and Pats fans instigating stuff always seems to be the case. If someone puts them in their place I'm fine with that.

A well deserved punch in the face can teach a stupid person a lesson real fast.

If I walked in to The Meadowlands acting like an asshole I would expect the same treatment. That's the reality right or wrong.

"There is nothing to fear, except everyone trying to tackle me." - Ted Ginn Jr.

Tin IndianTin IndianForum Veteran
Nov 30, 2016, 10:10 AM

"Fame wrote:

Let's be honest here. Our stadium has been like this for the last decade, and despite my love for the Dolphins its turned into one of the most toxic sporting environments I've ever seen, especially in the upper levels.

I cancelled my season tickets years ago because of behavior like this from Fins fans. The tailgating outside has gotten to a point where you can't actually get into the stadium without wading through a sea of millions of empty beer bottles on the ground. Just about everyone is hammered and angry. I've even had Dolphins fans heckle my then 6 year old son for wanting to seek shelter from the rain.

Love the team. Hate going to see games now.

I'd love to take my son to a game, but the behavior of the people in the stands make this something I'd really have to consider carefully.

Not My Circus, Not My Monkeys.

Mcduffie81Mcduffie81Supporter
Nov 30, 2016, 10:22 AM

"Tin Indian wrote:

I'd love to take my son to a game, but the behavior of the people in the stands make this something I'd really have to consider carefully.

When my daughter is old enough I'll have to think hard too. I have brought my nephews on multiple occasions around 10 years of age and it was fine. I've never witnessed Dolphins fans flat out attacking opposing fans like we saw in that video but I have seen altercations and it's usually in the parking lot after games.

"There is nothing to fear, except everyone trying to tackle me." - Ted Ginn Jr.

dolphin25dolphin25Forum Veteran
Nov 30, 2016, 10:23 AM

"brandon27 wrote:

Really? Get a grip man... seriously. It's only a football team, it's only a game, we're only fans, and we all have the right to cheer for our team, wherever we are. We're all human beings... Sounds like you're one of the ones that needs to stay home on Sundays if you can't handle opposing fans cheering on their team.

cheering is ok, but being shitty is another thing.

Lord help us.

dolphin25dolphin25Forum Veteran
Nov 30, 2016, 10:25 AM

The Bengals fans were cool, of course they won so that helps.

Lord help us.

Mcduffie81Mcduffie81Supporter
Nov 30, 2016, 10:29 AM

"dolphin25 wrote:

The Bengals fans were cool, of course they won so that helps.

What happens a lot of times is when we lose and out of state jerks (mostly transplants) start taunting us. That's when all bets are off!

I'm a firm believer in you get what you ask for.

"There is nothing to fear, except everyone trying to tackle me." - Ted Ginn Jr.

dolphin25dolphin25Forum Veteran
Nov 30, 2016, 10:34 AM

"Mcduffie81 wrote:

What happens a lot of times is when we lose and out of state jerks (mostly transplants) start taunting us. That's when all bets are off!

I'm a firm believer in you get what you ask for.

yeah, that is just stupid on their part as emotions are running high at that time.

Lord help us.

FinatikFinatikStaff
Nov 30, 2016, 11:04 AM

I have been to games in Green Bay, Charlotte, San Francisco (multiple times), Oakland (multiple times), Arizona, and San Diego (multiple times). Always in full Dolphins gear. I was never once hassled. Always brought my son with me. Now I've seen some stuff go down in the stands. I was at the Raiders-Rams game prior to them moving to St Louis. Whole entire sections were fighting. It was unreal. Most of the time its someone who is WAY OVER the top and taunting the other side. I find its mostly visiting fans. A couple weeks when the Fins were in San Diego, a jack ass Miami fan started talking trash. I told him to sit down he was embarrassing all the other Dolphin fans. Another SD fan jumped up and got in his face. It was on. We moved to the opposite aisle to give them space and not get caught up in the aftermath. I've always taught my son to be aware of your surroundings and anticipate when things are going south. So I tend to move away when things get heated just up the aisle to watch the show. In most stadiums the ushers and police are there fairly quickly. Also in most stadiums they have TEXT number to report anything going on. Use it and they do respond immediately. So don't worry about brining your kid to the game. Be aware of your surroundings just like anywhere else. And buy decent seats. Most of this stuff happens in the upper tiers I've noticed in my travels.

Lots of people will tell you what they think about you and what you shouldn't and should do. Not everyone's thoughts are worth consideration. Don't take criticism from anyone who you wouldn't also go to for advice.

vt_dolfanvt_dolfanSupporter
Nov 30, 2016, 11:19 AM

"M1NDCRlME wrote:

Let's not turn into "those guys" now that the team is winning. If those are season ticket holders I hope they lose them. *******s

Fucking idiots....a woman is holding a kid right there. Thank god they banned these assholes.

"The more difficult the victory, the greater the happiness in winning"
Pele

vt_dolfanvt_dolfanSupporter
Nov 30, 2016, 11:21 AM

All I can say is if Im ever at a game....and ends up getting hurt because of assholes like that, someones ending up in the hospital. Now..maybe I end up there as well....but all hells breaking loose.

"The more difficult the victory, the greater the happiness in winning"
Pele

dWreckdWreckNew Member
Nov 30, 2016, 07:24 PM

"Fame wrote:

Let's be honest here. Our stadium has been like this for the last decade, and despite my love for the Dolphins its turned into one of the most toxic sporting environments I've ever seen, especially in the upper levels.

I cancelled my season tickets years ago because of behavior like this from Fins fans. The tailgating outside has gotten to a point where you can't actually get into the stadium without wading through a sea of millions of empty beer bottles on the ground. Just about everyone is hammered and angry. I've even had Dolphins fans heckle my then 6 year old son for wanting to seek shelter from the rain.

Love the team. Hate going to see games now.

Interesting ive been to ~10 games I think? in the last 10 years. 9 or 10. and i've never seen anything even remotely close to this. No fighting, arguing, swearing at other people, nothing. And i've sat all over the stadium. I've never seen a loss in person, all wins, so The most i've ever seen is opposing fans leaving early and some fans mildly heckling them yelling 'bye' and all that. I've honestly just not seen it. Idk maybe i've just been lucky


The KRAKEN! Still proving doubters wrong on the weekly.
Get well soon Tanny. #ThatsMyQB

dolfan7171dolfan7171New Member
Nov 30, 2016, 08:20 PM

I don't like that people have to act a fool at a game. I will never be apart of something like that. It's embarrassing and disrespectful.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Win, Lose, or Tie, I will be a Dolphins Fan Until I Die:up:

NolePhin15NolePhin15New Member
Nov 30, 2016, 08:35 PM

Haha my best friend's little brother is the one who filmed it and sent it into Barstool. Probably the closest to becoming famous I'll ever come in my life

btfu149btfu149Forum Veteran
Nov 30, 2016, 10:24 PM

"dolphin25 wrote:

The Bengals fans were cool, of course they won so that helps.

I went to the Bengals game in Cincy Tannehill's rookie year. I, of course, was decked out in Fins gear, but the the whole game everyone was very polite and I actually had people giving me props as I left the stadium after we won. I won't hesitate for one second to go to a Bengals or Reds game as an opposing fan.

Fin-OFin-OForum Veteran
Nov 30, 2016, 10:35 PM

Being a Phins fan in the midwest (Cinn/Cle/Pitt) I always prepare myself for something to go down. Im not one to hold my tongue, however I can deal with things like "Dolphins suck" etc. Thats trash talk to be expected. Just dont cross the line and get personal or touch me. Im willing to take 25 punches to feel the joy of landing one on an asshole. I hate fans who take it to these levels, Dolphins, Buckeyes whatever. Stop trying to impress your ugly GF or your dorky friend and enjoy the GD game.

"The reason so many people misunderstand so many issues is not that these issues are so complex, but that the people do not want a factual or analytical explanation that leaves them emotionally unsatisfied"

KeyFinKeyFinForum Veteran
Nov 30, 2016, 11:45 PM

"Fame wrote:

Let's be honest here. Our stadium has been like this for the last decade, and despite my love for the Dolphins its turned into one of the most toxic sporting environments I've ever seen, especially in the upper levels.

I cancelled my season tickets years ago because of behavior like this from Fins fans. The tailgating outside has gotten to a point where you can't actually get into the stadium without wading through a sea of millions of empty beer bottles on the ground. Just about everyone is hammered and angry. I've even had Dolphins fans heckle my then 6 year old son for wanting to seek shelter from the rain.

Love the team. Hate going to see games now.

That's such a shame; I loved going there in the 80's and 90's. I even worked there for a few seasons with my high school's baseball team in concessions. There were rarely problems and security was quick to react when there were. But back in those days, you'd also have adults stepping up and stopping fights before they really got started...it's not like this generation that's more focused on YouTube likes. If you ask me it's pretty ridiculous.

Heck, I can even remember those epic 80's UM match-ups with Notre Dame/Florida State/Boston College in the Orange Bowl...things were ultra tense between fans but it rarely got ugly. So I can't understand how this new world of technology has arrived yet the response times are slower; that doesn't make any sense to me.

Winning football games at any level comes down to winning in the trenches.

PAPaulyForum Veteran
Dec 1, 2016, 12:59 AM

"KeyFin wrote:

That's such a shame; I loved going there in the 80's and 90's. I even worked there for a few seasons with my high school's baseball team in concessions. There were rarely problems and security was quick to react when there were. But back in those days, you'd also have adults stepping up and stopping fights before they really got started...it's not like this generation that's more focused on YouTube likes. If you ask me it's pretty ridiculous.

Heck, I can even remember those epic 80's UM match-ups with Notre Dame/Florida State/Boston College in the Orange Bowl...things were ultra tense between fans but it rarely got ugly. So I can't understand how this new world of technology has arrived yet the response times are slower; that doesn't make any sense to me.

I have never been to a stadium where it took more than 20 or 30 seconds for security to arrive, and in most stadiums the security are doing there job and are on hand before the punches start flying. It doesn't take a genius to be able to spot the build up to most fights at a sporting venue.

If someone, God forbid that little kid, got seriously hurt because drunken bozos were allowed to carry on like that for 2+ minutes before security arrived then Mr Ross will find out just how much more expensive litigation is than paying for security is.

dolphin25dolphin25Forum Veteran
Dec 1, 2016, 10:23 AM

"Fin-O wrote:

Being a Phins fan in the midwest (Cinn/Cle/Pitt) I always prepare myself for something to go down. Im not one to hold my tongue, however I can deal with things like "Dolphins suck" etc. Thats trash talk to be expected. Just dont cross the line and get personal or touch me. Im willing to take 25 punches to feel the joy of landing one on an *******. I hate fans who take it to these levels, Dolphins, Buckeyes whatever. Stop trying to impress your ugly GF or your dorky friend and enjoy the GD game.

Ive been to at least 6 Dolphin Bengals game in Cincy. Always in my gear and never had an issue.

Lord help us.

shadokpshadokpForum Veteran
Dec 1, 2016, 12:17 PM

"dWreck wrote:

Interesting ive been to ~10 games I think? in the last 10 years. 9 or 10. and i've never seen anything even remotely close to this. No fighting, arguing, swearing at other people, nothing. And i've sat all over the stadium. I've never seen a loss in person, all wins, so The most i've ever seen is opposing fans leaving early and some fans mildly heckling them yelling 'bye' and all that. I've honestly just not seen it. Idk maybe i've just been lucky

Can you do us a favor and please attend all the rest of the games this season and beyond. We might be onto something.