1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Land of The Lost

Discussion in 'TV, Music and Movies' started by ILPhinFan88, Apr 29, 2008.

Tags:
  1. ILPhinFan88

ILPhinFan88 Premium Member Luxury Box

USA Today has revealed this first look at the Sleestaks in Universal Pictures' Land of the Lost, coming to theaters on July 17, 2009 and starring Will Ferrell, Anna Friel and Danny R. McBride.

Directed by Brad Silberling (Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events), the adventure comedy is based on the 1974-77 TV series of the same name. The movie revolves around a disgraced paleontologist, his assistant and a macho tour guide who find themselves in a strange world inhabited by dinosaurs, monkey people and reptilian Sleestaks.

The plot involves three adults (not a dad and two kids as on TV) accidentally thrust into a realm ruled by dinosaurs, monkey-men called Pakuni and the murderous Sleestak.

Director Brad Silberling (Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events) says he fought to keep the human shape of the Sleestak from Sid & Marty Krofft's original production, and not give into the urge to render them as spindly computerized beings.

[​IMG]

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=44487

2. Pagan

Pagan Metal & a Mustang

Mar 22, 2008
    Newburgh, NY
    If Will Ferrell's in it they'll make it goofy. I hope not, but I'm sure they will.

3. DrAstroZoom

DrAstroZoom Canary in a Coal Mine Luxury Box

Jan 8, 2008
    Springfield, Ill.
    The only thing that gives me hope about this project is the director. Lemony Snicket was a fantastic movie.

4. finfansince72

finfansince72 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 18, 2007
    Columbia, South Carolina
    Well they did say adventure comedy in the release, add this to Will Ferrell starring and this has the all the makings of a crap fest. I doubt most people today even remember that show.

5. DrAstroZoom

DrAstroZoom Canary in a Coal Mine Luxury Box

Jan 8, 2008
    Springfield, Ill.
    I loved it. It was quality science fiction for kids. There were quite a few Star Trek writers involved.

6. finfansince72

finfansince72 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 18, 2007
    Columbia, South Carolina
    I liked the show a lot as a kid as well, I think I'm just at the point where I'm tired of Will Ferrell.

7. Ronnie Bass

Ronnie Bass Luxury Box Luxury Box

Dec 19, 2007
    I do, it was favorite as a kid and I can still mimic the sound of the Sleestaks.