1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Laptop Problem

Discussion in 'Questions and Answers' started by emeraldfin, Aug 22, 2009.

Tags:
  1. emeraldfin

emeraldfin All I've got is insane

Dec 12, 2007
    Carlow, Ireland
    After shutting down my laptop normally last night with no problems, I then went to turn it on a half an hour later. When I turned it on, it started as usual, the brand name came up (Fujitsu-Siemens), followed by the Microsoft Windows XP loading screen. However when this was finished loading I then ran into trouble. What then happens is a blue Microsfot Windows XP screen appeared with the following instuctions:

Checking File System on C:
    The type of the file system is NFTS

One of your disks need to be checked for consistency. You may cancel the disk check, but it is strongly recommended that you continue.
    Windows will now check the disk

When I accept to check the disks it verifies the CHKDSK files in three stages. When this has completed the screen goes black and after a minute later another blue screen appears for a matter of seconds with some more writing on it. However the blue screen appears and disappears so fast I cant make out the writing. What happens then is that the laptop restarts itself and the entire process starts all over again with the same results.

If anyone could give me the slightest idea of what is going on or what to do, I would be extremely grateful. Thanks in advance guys.

2. byroan

byroan Giggity Staff Member Administrator Luxury Box

Nov 25, 2007
    NC
    Press F8 after your brand screen pops up and before the XP loading screen. Then choose disable restart on system failure. This will allow you to see the blue screen and get the error report.

emeraldfin likes this.
  3. emeraldfin

emeraldfin All I've got is insane

Dec 12, 2007
    Carlow, Ireland
    Cheers dude

After doing that I am now getting the follwing message

A problem has now being detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage top your computer

If this is the first time you have seen this Stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Disable or un-install any anti-virus, disk defratmentation or backup utilities. Check your hardrive configuration, and check your updated drivers. Run CHKDSK /F to check for hardrive corruption, and then restart your computer.

Being honest, I dont have any idea what the last paragraph ment and would greatly appreciate any instructions on what to do next.