Last game of the season....Jan 1st....vs the Jets. What would you root for?

93 replies

djphinfandjphinfanSupporter
Oct 20, 2011, 06:05 PM

little off topic, rex really put his foot in his mouth on this one...he really fu^%ed up saying what he said about the chargers...That was really really bad...The jets cannot draw anything from this, and the chargers can draw everything you possibly could..

BicketyBamBicketyBamForum Veteran
Oct 20, 2011, 06:08 PM

"djphinfan wrote:

little off topic, rex really put his foot in his mouth on this one...he really fu^%ed up saying what he said about the chargers...That was really really bad...The jets cannot draw anything from this, and the chargers can draw everything you possibly could..

Turner sucks as a head coach. The San Diego players are probably thinking, "Ryan is right."

-Ed-

firedanfiredanForum Veteran
Oct 20, 2011, 06:10 PM

The odds of this scenario are about the same as Miami being 10-5 and needing a win for playoff implications.

Uncle RicoUncle RicoNew Member
Oct 20, 2011, 06:13 PM

"djphinfan wrote:

little off topic, rex really put his foot in his mouth on this one...he really fu^%ed up saying what he said about the chargers...That was really really bad...The jets cannot draw anything from this, and the chargers can draw everything you possibly could..

I don't think he meant to insult Norv. I think he meant to take a jab at their organization for not hiring him and he's been a successful coach thus far.

Reminds me of when a player says they are going to go out and beat so-and-so for not drafting them.

That being said he should have worded it better to make that point, if that was his point, who knows with him sometimes.

BicketyBamBicketyBamForum Veteran
Oct 20, 2011, 06:21 PM

"Uncle Rico wrote:

I don't think he meant to insult Norv. I think he meant to take a jab at their organization for not hiring him and he's been a successful coach thus far.

Reminds me of when a player says they are going to go out and beat so-and-so for not drafting them.

That being said he should have worded it better to make that point, if that was his point, who knows with him sometimes.

He has supreme confidence in himself. If someone asked him if he was coaching the Dolphins this year would they be winless, I am sure he would say that they would be a playoff contender. That's just the way he is.

Now does anyone here think that Turner's didn't absolutely choke in 2009? They were 13-3 and had a home playoff game (after a bye) against a rookie coach and QB. And they lost. Inexcusable. He should have been fired.

-Ed-

vt_dolfanvt_dolfanSupporter
Oct 20, 2011, 07:32 PM

"sloppyjoer wrote:

I am more inclined to cheer for us to lose than cheer for the Jest to win.

Im more inclined to stare ot your av......go damn!!!

"The more difficult the victory, the greater the happiness in winning"
Pele

Uncle RicoUncle RicoNew Member
Oct 20, 2011, 07:54 PM

"vt_dolfan wrote:

Im more inclined to stare ot your av......go damn!!!

Judging by the subtle plumpness and curvature of the rump. I'll guess that is Phoenix Marie.

What was this thread about again? Oh well time to fist pump like carpenter just hit a 64 yarder!

djphinfandjphinfanSupporter
Oct 20, 2011, 08:06 PM

"BicketyBam wrote:

Turner sucks as a head coach. The San Diego players are probably thinking, "Ryan is right."

If I were you, or one of his players, I would be seriously embarrassed..and If I were the chargers players,I would want to kill anything that has green on it..I think your boy fu%$ed up man...That sh^% don't fly in the NFL man..

djphinfandjphinfanSupporter
Oct 20, 2011, 08:08 PM

"Uncle Rico wrote:

I don't think he meant to insult Norv. I think he meant to take a jab at their organization for not hiring him and he's been a successful coach thus far.

Reminds me of when a player says they are going to go out and beat so-and-so for not drafting them.

That being said he should have worded it better to make that point, if that was his point, who knows with him sometimes.

you might be right..

gamblerxgamblerxNew Member
Oct 20, 2011, 08:15 PM

Jets are ****ing cursed.

BicketyBamBicketyBamForum Veteran
Oct 20, 2011, 08:51 PM

"djphinfan wrote:

If I were you, or one of his players, I would be seriously embarrassed..and If I were the chargers players,I would want to kill anything that has green on it..I think your boy fu%$ed up man...That sh^% don't fly in the NFL man..

Well, I'm not embarrassed. The foot thing? Embarrassing. This? Not so much. Ryan's speaks his mind and it's not like what he said couldn't be true. Those were some very talented SD teams.

As for getting the Chargers players riled up, if this is what it takes to get a pro player to perform, then the sport is in serious trouble. If SD wins on Sunday it will because they have a better team (which I think they do), not because they got super powers in order to defend their coach's honor. I find that comical. Especially when the coach is Norv Turner.

-Ed-

BicketyBamBicketyBamForum Veteran
Oct 20, 2011, 09:09 PM

"gamblerx wrote:

Jets are ****ing cursed.

Please elaborate.

-Ed-

gamblerxgamblerxNew Member
Oct 20, 2011, 09:28 PM

"BicketyBam wrote:

Please elaborate.

How long you been a Jets fan?

MongoMongoNew Member
Oct 20, 2011, 10:46 PM

I don't care what game it is or what the situation is, I will never root for the Dolphins to do anything less than utterly annihilate team diarrhea.

BicketyBamBicketyBamForum Veteran
Oct 20, 2011, 11:02 PM

"gamblerx wrote:

How long you been a Jets fan?

I was a alive when they won the Super Bowl, but was too young to remember it. How long have you been a Miami fan? Were you lucky enough to see them win a championship?

-Ed-

djphinfandjphinfanSupporter
Oct 21, 2011, 01:12 AM

"BicketyBam wrote:

Well, I'm not embarrassed. The foot thing? Embarrassing. This? Not so much. Ryan's speaks his mind and it's not like what he said couldn't be true. Those were some very talented SD teams.

As for getting the Chargers players riled up, if this is what it takes to get a pro player to perform, then the sport is in serious trouble. If SD wins on Sunday it will because they have a better team (which I think they do), not because they got super powers in order to defend their coach's honor. I find that comical. Especially when the coach is Norv Turner.

keep telling yourself what he said was no big deal.

CRAZYFACECRAZYFACEForum Veteran
Oct 21, 2011, 04:37 AM

1-15 or 0-16. The difference is minimal. Sport has a funny way of dealing with things. 0-15 going into last game, 0-16 would get Luck. Dolphins win the game. Let the wheeling and dealing begin!

vt_dolfanvt_dolfanSupporter
Oct 21, 2011, 06:44 AM

Actually....the difference is HUGE.

Its the same difference as when the Pats won every game except one...the Super Bowl. If they had won....they would have been the second team to have a perfect season. One loss....and no talk of perfection.

Going winless......we won one game a few seasons ago...but had we gone 0-17.....it would have been talked about in a much different light.

"The more difficult the victory, the greater the happiness in winning"
Pele

gamblerxgamblerxNew Member
Oct 21, 2011, 06:49 AM

"BicketyBam wrote:

I was a alive when they won the Super Bowl, but was too young to remember it. How long have you been a Miami fan? Were you lucky enough to see them win a championship?

"We want Sapp! We want Sapp! We want Sapp!"

2008 collapse and the Pennington Game.

2005 season goes down in one quarter...

Todd choking the 1983 AFC championship game

Doug Brien misses two field goals against the Steelers

1998 AFC championship game a.k.a. "The Wind"

Testaverde out for the season in the 1999 season opener

Drafting O' Brien over Marino "Obviously the Jets know something about that we don't know."

"I resign as HC of the NYJ."

SIsiciliansithForum Veteran
Oct 21, 2011, 07:42 AM

"vt_dolfan wrote:

Jan 1st @ Miami could be a huge game of magnificent ramifications.

Imagine the scenarios.....

Most likely, the Jets will have been battling for a WC birth to the playoffs. We very well could be 0-16.

Which way would you be rooting:

If the Jets win they are in the playoffs. If they lose they are sent home packing for the off season.

If we win....Indy wins the lottery for the #1 overall pick. If we lose....we win the pick based on the fact that Indy has won one game.

So...how would you be rooting?

Thats a tough one for me....I mean...winning the last game to keep from going winless AND boot the Jets from the playoffs....would be a pretty cool win. Getting Luck would be as well....

I will always root for my favorite team to bust there ass and win a the game!

BicketyBamBicketyBamForum Veteran
Oct 21, 2011, 07:56 AM

"gamblerx wrote:

"We want Sapp! We want Sapp! We want Sapp!"

2008 collapse and the Pennington Game.

2005 season goes down in one quarter...

Todd choking the 1983 AFC championship game

Doug Brien misses two field goals against the Steelers

1998 AFC championship game a.k.a. "The Wind"

Testaverde out for the season in the 1999 season opener

Drafting O' Brien over Marino "Obviously the Jets know something about that we don't know."

"I resign as HC of the NYJ."

Yet all but two of those things happened during a timespan where the Jets were more successful than the Dolphins. More wins and more playoff appearances. I could make a list of misfortune twice as long for you guys and it would have all happened in the past decade. Or I could just start with the fact that you had one if the greatest QB's ever and couldn't win a championship with him.

-Ed-
sent from my EVO 3D

-Ed-

Fin-OmenalFin-OmenalNew Member
Oct 21, 2011, 08:28 AM

"CRAZYFACE wrote:

1-15 or 0-16. The difference is minimal. Sport has a funny way of dealing with things. 0-15 going into last game, 0-16 would get Luck. Dolphins win the game. Let the wheeling and dealing begin!

Why? No one cares about the Lions 0-16 season anymore, they are on the up n up so its not an issue. That being said id rather not go 0-16on just because it will be ammo against those of us who boast about our perfect season.

BleedinGreenNCBleedinGreenNCNew Member
Oct 21, 2011, 08:32 AM

"NJFINSFAN1 wrote:

I will root for us to win every week, just like I always do.

Well said sir!!! True fan!

http://www.thephins.com/forums/images/signaturepics/sigpic388_3.gif

BleedinGreenNCBleedinGreenNCNew Member
Oct 21, 2011, 08:39 AM

"djphinfan wrote:

keep telling yourself what he said was no big deal.

How as fans do we know if it is a big deal or not? Only the players and coaches decide if it is a big deal. IMO, you need to pay attention to your own players starting to talk. Didnt Dansby just say something about the FIns that went public?

http://www.thephins.com/forums/images/signaturepics/sigpic388_3.gif

LarryfinfanLarryfinfanSupporter
Oct 21, 2011, 08:44 AM

"vt_dolfan wrote:

Jan 1st @ Miami could be a huge game of magnificent ramifications.

Imagine the scenarios.....

Most likely, the Jets will have been battling for a WC birth to the playoffs. We very well could be 0-16.

Which way would you be rooting:

If the Jets win they are in the playoffs. If they lose they are sent home packing for the off season.

If we win....Indy wins the lottery for the #1 overall pick. If we lose....we win the pick based on the fact that Indy has won one game.

So...how would you be rooting?

Thats a tough one for me....I mean...winning the last game to keep from going winless AND boot the Jets from the playoffs....would be a pretty cool win. Getting Luck would be as well....

Despite the fact that we are 0-5, we've been close in our games. The chances are not favorable that we are winless going into game 17. The next best thing to getting in the dance ourselves, would be knocking them out of a spot...any time you beat the jests, it's a good thing.

It's also unlikely that one win would mean the difference between getting the first pick and not. The most likely competition we'd have would be Denver and in that scenario, they would have already beaten us. However, I just find it hard to not root for our team to win, no matter the stakes. Besides, they are touting 2012 as the 'year of the QB' in the draft, so even if we didn't get luck-y, I'd have to root for the Fins to win...