1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lawyer files motion requiring opposing counsel to upgrade his shoes

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by DrAstroZoom, Jul 10, 2009.

1. DrAstroZoom

DrAstroZoom Canary in a Coal Mine Luxury Box

Jan 8, 2008
    Springfield, Ill.
  2. opfinistic

opfinistic Braaaaains!

Dec 7, 2007
    Peeking in Nabo's Basement
    I have a pair of 5 year old sneakers that I adore, and my wife has made many motions to have them thrown out. I cannot believe that one's footwear could be a factor in any Juries' decision. I think the Plaintiff in this case is insulting us all with that allegation.

3. cnc66

cnc66 wiley veteran, bad spelur Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    ahhh the reverse Adlai Stevenson effect

[​IMG]

Journal photographer William M. Gallagher's picture of Democratic presidential candidate Adlai E. Stevenson (right) and Michigan Gov. G. Mennen Williams would have been just one more picture of a politician until Stevenson crossed his legs, displaying a hole in the sole of his shoe. The flawed shoe was totally out of character for the aristocratic, intellectual Stevenson, who was having difficulty establishing himself as a candidate of the people in his race against Dwight D. Eisenhower. Gallagher’s shot — taken with camera held at arm's length so Stevenson wouldn't realize what was happening — became one of the great political photos of all time and winner of a Pulitzer Prize in 1953. Gallagher was a Journal photographer from 1941 until his death in 1975, at age 52.
    THE FLINT JOURNAL FILES / WILLIAM M. GALLAGHER

Fin D likes this.
  4. BigDogsHunt

BigDogsHunt Enough talk...prove it!

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area

Is it the reverse Adli effect or a copy-cat effect?

5. Silverphin

Silverphin Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    So, cnc66, you're saying that the lawyer filing the motion may have a legitemate reason for doing so? Just curious.

6. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    I'd say unless the Judge thinks he isn't within proper dress code the there's no case.

If I were the dude with old shoes, I'd come to court the next day with some raggity suit as well. If that works, maybe try to bring your wife in. "Im just a normal guy. Look at my hideous wife. She's all I could get."

opfinistic likes this.
  7. cnc66

cnc66 wiley veteran, bad spelur Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    I'm saying shoes have had an effect before, only in Adlai's case, it was the opposite. The press POUNDED him for being so sloppy as to wear holy shoes.. what kind of President would he be if he can't even wear good shoes.. it was a really big deal in it's day.

But having said all that..... do you think this fella was playing the same card as the lawyer.. :) please take this tounge in cheek

[​IMG]

BigDogsHunt likes this.
  8. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Marty, where do you come up with this stuff :up:

9. BigDogsHunt

BigDogsHunt Enough talk...prove it!

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    I got ya......so even if Adli in someway was trying to reach out to the common man (like this lawyer) the media of the day ripped him for it and dismissed that notion completely and focused and spun it another way to say our POTUS should be above the common man and from a higher class.

Good job Media you nailed it again!

P.S. I cant tell how shined these are....but he still has the faux-leather sole intact just needs to remember to replace his used rubbers more often it seems.
    [​IMG]:wink2: