1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LB Jordie Tripp

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by PhinFan1968, Aug 10, 2014.

1. PhinFan1968

PhinFan1968 To 2020, and BEYOND! Club Member

I understand he went to a small school, may be considered small'ish for an NFL LB, and recently has flashed, but also blatantly shown that he's a rookie in some situations, but I'm really pulling for this type of guy to excel/improve and make it.

My question is, what would be considered a "normal" expectation for a 5th round LB pick? Career back-up? 4-3 starting OLB? Special teamer? And if expected to become a starter, how long would the normal expectation be for him to come up to speed to take the position?

2. argos31

argos31 Member

Jan 2, 2014
    A reasonable expectation for a 5th round LB would be 7 pro bowls in his 12 seasons of playing and being put on the all decade team

3. PhinFan1968

I see what you did there.

We'd all love another ZT.

4. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

Argos, I was thinking the same thing...ah well...we'll just have to wait and see on Tripp I guess...

5. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    He made a nice read for a tackle for loss, and a hell of an athletic play on a pass defensed..

Considering our linebacker units talent, I like him, he's got great attitude, is willing to do the work, has very good athletic ability and quickness, and smaller players are getting play in this league.

I don't know what the expectations questions means, either he can play or he can't.

6. Den54

Den54 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 23, 2007
    AMERICA!

A Tripp down memory lane.
    I like it!

[video=youtube;zTQOPcJWC4A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=zTQOPcJWC4A[/video]

Itsdahumidity likes this.
  7. PhinFan1968

Basically I guess I'm just trying to ask about when a 5th round pick would be expected to be a starter...probably hard to quantify I guess. I'm just an underdog guy and wanna see him kill it.

8. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Lol, you keep askin 68 and I still can't answer..

When a fifth round pick should be expected to start?

When you have sh&$ at the position and he seemingly can play some good football is my best answer.