1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LB McGinest at peace with decision to retire after 2008 season

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by ATVZ400, May 7, 2008.

1. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    Looking at the faces around the table at a bowling alley nestled inside of a local GameWorks, Willie McGinest's decision seems natural, if not easy.

Sitting with his father, Willie McGinest Sr.; mother, Joyce; sisters, Lisa and Tanisha; fiancé, Gloriana; and daughters, Rylie, 3, and Halie, 1, celebrating the third annual Willie McGinest Day in his hometown of Long Beach, the veteran linebacker concedes this will likely be the last time he'll enjoy this day as an active player.

"This will be it," says McGinest, entering the final season of a three-year contract he signed with the Cleveland Browns in 2006. "This will be my 15th season. I've worked hard; I think I've done everything I set out to accomplish. The hard work, sacrifice, dedication -- I committed myself to doing it the right way and playing it the right way. I've been blessed to play with some of the best players in the world and play against some of the best in the world. I think 15 years going strong I've held my own."

LINK TO REST OF STORY
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/arash_markazi/05/06/willie.mcginest/index.html

alen1 likes this.