1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

League seems to be underestimating Dolphins QB Chad Pennington

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by dolfan7171, Sep 10, 2009.

1. dolfan7171

dolfan7171 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Arizona
  2. Onehondo

Onehondo Senior Member Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Chesapeake, Virginia
    Appreciate the read, good stuff. Pennington has always been underated. IMHO, I think the media gives more fault to Penningtons injury history than they have given him credit for his smarts. skills and abilities. I have always thought Pennington was a good quarterback but I was afraid of his injury history.
    If our offensive line can keep him upright and he has another season like last year he will be hard to overlook or ignore.

dolfan7171 and dolphindebby like this.
  3. dolphindebby

dolphindebby Season Ticket Holder Luxury Box

Nov 26, 2007
    GA
    I've always thought they under-rated CP.
    But one of the things I love about him is that he doesn't seem to let it bother him. He just want to play and help the team win. Now that's a good QB IMO.

I say let them keep under rating our whole team. We'll end up owning them all sooner than later.

Wayne Kjelsrud and dolfan7171 like this.
  4. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    they'll find out soon enough

dolphindebby likes this.
  5. RickyNeverInhaled

RickyNeverInhaled Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Alabama
    i love it when "they" doubt us! my wife just doubted that i could fix our washing machine, so i proved her wrong and fixed it. i believe/hope Pennington reacts the same way in the face of doubt. He will be even better this year!

dolphindebby likes this.
  6. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    One man
    One mission

To fix his washing machine.

Dont apologize dolfan the more the merrier I say :up:

alen1 likes this.
  7. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Keep on posting man. You have been posting great stuff. Don't worry about your posts. Look at my post count, lol. When you reach that, that's when you should start worrying or at least that's what I do, lol.

8. Silverphin

Silverphin Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    If the league wants to be stupid enough to underestimate Chad Pennington, then fine by me.

9. Pandarilla

Pandarilla Purist Emeritus

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    Another Ad Nauseum fluff piece to placate Phin fans (It's beginning to feel like a support group). I mean, man, that read like a high school book report (completely thrown together). I think the only thing you could glean from that article is that Skolnick is losing his 'reporter's legs' and is simply stalling.
    Don't worry, Ethan, we know what we have in Pennington, and rest assured every team we play is well aware (as well:confused1:)

the 23rd and adamprez2003 like this.
  10. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    i agree. i dont think anyone in football underestimates penny. he's a smart efficient effective nickel and dimer. what sportswriters have to say on the subject is irrelevant

11. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Theres little chance that chad doesnt improve his game this year, the variables that were thrown at him from last year, combined with what he has done in the offseason,, in terms of strengthening his body, familiarity with his players, digesting himself into the playbook, i look for him to have a better year, its gonna be fun and interesting watchin this guy operate.

12. Fin Fan In Cali

Fin Fan In Cali Dolphin fan since 1970 Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
  13. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    "Chad's skills are diminishing?"

:confused:

14. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

Alen, you must be one of them there real fast typers. :up:

I'm more of a hunt and pecker myself. I mean I hunt for the keys, not for my pecker, well, because it is easier to find. A little easier anyway. :wink2:

Samphin likes this.
  15. Pandarilla

Pandarilla Purist Emeritus

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    I think thou protesteth too much Mercutio (dude, you're masturbating right now, are'nt you).

16. Samphin

Samphin Κακό σκυλί ψόφο δεν έχει

fixed. :up:

17. MrClean

When you get to be my age young fella, chuck wowing becomes just a fond memory. :wink2:

Pandarilla likes this.
  18. Samphin

Samphin Κακό σκυλί ψόφο δεν έχει

Oh, and as for the article. I love the line about his skills clearly diminishing. I hope they continue to diminish this year. I mean, afterall, last year's dminishing returns netted us 11 wins, a division title for the first time in almost a decade, his career high in passing yardage and second place in MVP voting.

God he sucked...

19. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Iam a huntin pecker myself Mr.C..lol

MrClean likes this.
  20. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    I think the statement made by many "experts" that CP is destined to be injured this year b/c he hasn't produced back to back excellent years in the past is one of the dumbest statements out there this season. Much of those problems in the past were related to a shoulder problem that has since been corrected. With that factor removed there is no reason to believe that CP is any more likely to be injured than any other QB.

There are, however, several reasons that suggest that CP is less likely to be injured than other QBs. The primary reason is that he simply takes fewer hits. The Dolphins were 10th in the league in sacks allowed last year and that number may even better going forward. The main reasons for that number being potentially better is that this is CP's and the WRs 2nd year in the system together. That alone should make the offense smoother. The Dolphins also seem to be a run heavy team that is looking to run even more this year. If the defensive improvements are real then we may be playing with the lead more often which would dictate even more running. And finally the OL line seems to be improved. At a minimum the line would be the same but with an extra year for 4/5 of the line to get to know each other.

CP may be injured this year but it seems like a less likely outcome than what most QBs face.

adamprez2003, MrClean and djphinfan like this.
  21. GreenMachine

GreenMachine New Member

May 13, 2008
    Clermont, FL
    Once again, how many of you called Chad a Noodle arm when he was a Jet? Do not pretend you admired him for years. I am a Chad fan, and have stated that many times going back to FH.

You are all a bunch of tony Kornheisers

BuckeyeKing likes this.
  22. Roman529

Roman529 Senior Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Last year, most experts had us only winning 3 or 4 games, after we went 1-15 the previous season. I remember all the experts saying it would be years before the Dolphins would be relevant again. OOOOPs. I think Pennington got better as the year went on, but unfortunately, he and the entire team had a bad game against the Ravens in the playoffs......it was bound to happen after the Phins won 9 out of their last 10 games. The Raven's D played an incredible game. What I hate is everyone crapping on the Phins because we now have a much tougher schedule. So what? If we stayed focus I think we have as good a shot as anyone at repeating in the AFC East. :up:

23. Roman529

Roman529 Senior Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Colorado Springs, CO
    I think whether he has a strong arm or not is pretty irrelevant. He is the most accurate passer in NFL HISTORY. He also had a higher yardage completion average last year then Peyton Manning. I'd rather have a QB like CP who only threw 7 picks last year then a gunslinger like Brett Favre who throws up a lot of Hail Marys and hopes and prays. I think most Phin fans respected CP when he was with the Jets, but we are never going to admire anyone in green. I am just glad we got him from the Jets and it didn't cost us anything.

resnor likes this.
  24. MrClean

Called him a lot worse than that. When he was a Jet he was THE ENEMY!!
    Heck, if the Cessnas would have been smart enough to had drafted Dan the Man, I would have despised him too.

Gotta admit though, one of the main reasons I despised Chad as a Jet was because he used to kill us. So it's natural for any Phins fan to want to call him every name in the book.

Now that he has come over from the dark side though, he is to be loved and revered.

resnor and dolphindebby like this.
  25. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA

You are mistaking admiring for liking. I didn't like Chad but I could never help but to admire him after he repeatedly beat my favorite team. To try to claim the guy wasn't a winner was to have your head stuck in the sand. When he's healthy he doesn't do anything but win.

resnor, dolphindebby and Stitches like this.
  26. muscle979

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    Of course these so called experts are overlooking Chad. Because he's been hurt a few times and these 'experts' don't ever do anything but predict that recent or current trends will continue. Well except for New England's recent trend of not winning Super Bowls, they refuse to acknowledge that one. They rarely go out on a limb which would make for much more interesting television or reading than them just telling us that New England or the defending champ is going to win the Super Bowl every year. Chad hasn't had two complete seasons in a row so obviously it will never happen. For people who actually claim to know something about football to say that Matt Ryan [at this point] and even Michael Vick are better QBs than Chad is a joke.

dolphindebby likes this.
  27. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    I hated playing the Jets when they had CP, because CP always found a way to win. (so yes, I admired Chad back then despite his arm strength)

muscle979 likes this.
  28. dolphindebby

dolphindebby Season Ticket Holder Luxury Box

Nov 26, 2007
    GA
    I could care less what he did as a jet. He's a Dolphin now and has brought class, dignity and talent to our team.
    Our gain--jets loss.

29. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    I always rejoiced when the Jets talked of replacing CP. He always seemed to have our number when he was the QB. And I was thrilled when the Jets cut CP to make room for Favre. At that point I had no idea he'd be a Dolphin and truth be told I wasn't sure he'd be a great fit here. But I was damn happy to get have him out of NY.

mullingan likes this.
  30. Conuficus

Conuficus Premium Member Luxury Box

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    There is sooooo much material in here.

I'm sure you can find it O.K. then you just have to hunt for a place do something with it. :shifty:

31. Conuficus

Conuficus Premium Member Luxury Box

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    Probably the same amount as the number of Jets fans.

32. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    so you have loved every player before they came to the jets? riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

resnor likes this.
  33. keypusher

keypusher Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2007
    Nah, I always liked him. Very classy guy, like Freeman McNeil back in the day -- hard to believe he was a Jet. :lol:

No one ever said his arm was the strongest, but Noodle Arm? Nope.

34. Rhody Phins Fan

Rhody Phins Fan Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    Can we stop saying that he is the most accurate passer ever? He has the highest completion percentage which is not the same thing as accuracy.

Shaq had a better shooting percentage than Michael Jordan but that doesn't meant that he was a better shooter. He took shorter and easier shots and that is why he had a higher percentage. Chad Pennington is not as accurate as Dan Marino.

jdang307 likes this.
  35. GreenMachine

GreenMachine New Member

May 13, 2008
    Clermont, FL
    O really?

36. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    one game and your back talking ****. :lol: you guys crack me up.

37. High Definition

High Definition No Smoke / No Drink 2011+

Nov 26, 2007
    South Beach
    Very simple to game plan against Chad Pennington. All you have to do is make sure that from the LOS to 10 yards out, you're covered.

GreenMachine likes this.
  38. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    You should see JetNation today. I go in there to congratulate them (As much as I pwn them, it's only fair) and there are THREE threads on the front page devoted to Phin bashing.

As much as they hate us, they love us. They are the Monarch to our Dr. Venture.

unluckyluciano likes this.
  39. muscle979

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    It's obvious after this one game that Chad is through and the Jets are going to win the division. Isn't it????

HardKoreXXX likes this.
  40. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    Eerily similar to what happened after the first game last year. BUT THE SCHEDULE OMGZZZ LAWLZ!!!!