1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Legal / medical question.....

Discussion in 'Questions and Answers' started by SICK, May 31, 2009.

1. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    my brother had pain in his back and sides for the last few days....he went to the hospital saturday afternoon.....they immediately said he had a fever and was showing signs of problems in either his kidney, gallbladder or apenndix.......so they did a catscan, got him on morphine and were going to do surgery.....they got blood work back and said "well nevermind....doesnt look too serious.....go home, and come back if you have problems" all in that time there is no surgon on call enless its life or death....because they dont wanna work on weekends.....(iam not exagerating) and ultrasound people arent in this hospital except for every 3rd week (wtf is that?!?!) but they got called in and the nurse told my mom and brother quote "the ultrasound people are NOT happy they had to come in on a sunday morning"

are you effing kidding me?!?!

so my brother goes home on some percaset (sp?) early this morning.....he sleeps most of the day today.....he just called me at about 9 pm.....telling me he was sleeping, the hospital called at 230 this afternoon telling him they took another look at his catscan and decided there was infact something wrong with his apenndix and needed to come in to be prepped for surgery........TOMORROW MORNING (i guess when its convenient for the surgeons?)

oh and get this ****....he was "discharged" from the hospital at about 2am this morning.....came back at 11 this morning to get the ultrasound done....and they couldnt pull up his file.....why? he was never officially discharged.....they just had him go home.....

so my question is this.....can there be legal matters taken here? i mean what happened if my brothers appendix ruptured while he was "discharged" and they said nothing was wrong with him? they all of a sudden took a second look at it?! is this normal to not have a surgeon come in to do his fuggin job because its a weekend?! like people can only get sick m-f 9-5 ?!?! and we are living in a suburb of charlotte nc.....not some rinky dink.....no town within 50 mile place......wtf is this?! down in south florida.....this didnt happen. am i over reacting a bit?

my brother has been dragged with a fever this entire time and pain (my mom had to help him tie his shoes he is 20 years old).....over and over back and fourth from this **** hole of a hospital...being told this and that...."we arent happy we had to come in on a sunday" like my brother ****ing chose to be sick and have issues......puking bile and having a fever is always on everyones "to do list" right?! i wanna ****ing fight these moronic fools.....

can someone with any kind of knowledge let me know if any kind of legal course can be taken? for godsake at least not have to pay the bills....

and anyone with medical knowledge.....did these *******s not "discharge" him so they could charge him this entire time?!?! he has no insurance!!!

any help would be appreciated! :up:

Phinperor likes this.
  2. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

seems sketchy they didn't discharge him. you figure they would want to know if a room or a time slot or whatever was available for someone else coming in. it could have been an honest mistake but with them telling you "we don't want to be here on weekends" (which btw, i think is pretty normal, at least it happens up here too) it doesn't seem like it.

as far as you suing them.. i don't think you could unless during the time when he was "discharged" something happened to him. you might be able to fight to get the cost of the bills reduced but it's a sketchy line and may not be worth the time and effort and costs you would put into it to figure that out.

3. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    From what I'm hearing it's a close call. My hopeful medical career is on life support anyways so I'm not sure how much help I can be there. But your case sounds eerily too much like my dad's, who had kidney cancer. Fever, back pain, no bloodwork abnormalities, but other tests show something. But I really hope it isn't that.

Legally, I'm guessing it might be a close call. A malpractice attorney would know more.

4. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    You should have told them:

Why the **** are you getting paid to help people when you dont feel like helping people?

SICK and anlgp like this.
  5. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    What sticks out to me Sick is that if it was his appendix, he'd feel it in his abdomin not his back. Kidney stone sounds more plausible. I thought I was having them a couple years ago, real sharp pain in my back towards the side and then in front, unusual, never had it before, they did an ultrasound, turned out it was nothing to worry about... probably just tweaked my back.

6. King Felix

King Felix Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 6, 2007
    thats ****ed up...no other hospitals near by that are bigger?