1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Let's Turn Back the Clock and Give Parcells 2007

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by Jaj, Aug 28, 2008.

1. Jaj

Jaj Registered

Mar 23, 2008
    Los Angeles
    For fun I say we turn back the clock and say that Parcells was our GM in 2007 as well as 2008. Assuming that we had the same #1 overall pick the next year what would our team look like.

However, remember that we don't have a 4th rounder in 2008 without the Cameron draft so keep that in mind.

I'll start:

1- Brady Quinn at the 9th spot overall would seem to be the decision as he shares a number of traits with Henne. The other choices of Willis and Carriker don't seem as likely and Ginn Jr. is probably nowhere to be seen.
    2- I would venture to say that Chris Houston would get heavy consideration here and I'll take him.
    2- Samson Satele or Jason Hill. Samson Satele....
    3- Over here I'd have to go with Ray McDonald from Florida, a guy who could play heavily in the 3-4 scheme.

Onto 2008 with these changes:

My assumption would be that Chris Chambers would not have been traded most likely and thus we would have no pick at 57.

1- Jake Long
    2- Phillip Merling
    3- Andre Caldwell

So there you have it. That's the Bill Parcells current outlook. So let's compare:

- Ginn Jr., Beck, Shawn Murphy, Henne, Langford

vs.

- Quinn, Houston, Caldwell, Chambers, McDonald

I'd go with the latter in this case as I've fulfilled my need at QB as we have similarly right now, but I've been able to complete my WR core, and my CB core. I did not mention the identical picks that would have stayed. This isn't so much an experiment to prove the superiority of Parcells and his two buddies, but more so to show that the overlap between regimes often results in inefficiency.

Let's just hope that we keep the same guys in their places (and that they don't like pathetic) so that we can actually have a draft plan that can be completed.

2. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    Sorry but I don't think Parcells would have took Quinn. My guess would have been Okoye or Willis.

Hopefully in round 2 he takes Edwards or Stanton.

3. Jaj

Jaj Registered

Mar 23, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Okoye has very little fit in a heavy two-gap 3-4. If you're going for defense it likely would have been Carriker.

4. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    Okoye or Willis, Quinn would not have been on Parcells map.

5. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    Okoye would have played End.

Carriker was taken by the Rams. If were picking 9 Okoye or Willis.

6. Jaj

Jaj Registered

Mar 23, 2008
    Los Angeles
    What makes you believe that he would not be on his map? He has a great number of similarities to Henne.

Okoye would have struggled at end. It's not his skill.

Carriker was taken by the Rams and the Rams were after us.

7. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    Oh yes your right then I fully believe its Carriker we take.

8. Jaj

Jaj Registered

Mar 23, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Would have also made me quite happy.

9. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    Quinn is a pretty boy and not the type of bring the lunch pail QB that Parcells likes. That's why Romo drove him nuts, he hates those types.

10. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    My guess at #1 would have been Willis since I don't know whether we would have acquired Porter. IMO Quinn was too much of the celebrity QB to have been Parcell's pick.

NJFINSFAN1 likes this.
  11. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    I wish he didn't. I'd stuff Jessica Simpson in an airline carrier for pets and ship her to Miami ASAP if it'd bring Romo here.

A good number of stretches being made but if it's just a selection between these two, I'd pick the bottom one. As for the whole pretty boy image, I'm sure Parcells would've been on the phone with Weis, his trusted former RB/TE/ST coach, and Weis would heavily persuade Parcells to take Quinn, noting his ability to spend lots of time in preparation and team player mentality.

12. funkdat

funkdat New Member

Dec 12, 2007
    The post funk era
    This is a fun thing to do in Madden as well.

Bring back all the guys from 2003 and you got one heak of a team.