1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'Life after Death: The Evidence'

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by maynard, Nov 11, 2009.

1. maynard

maynard Who, whom?

Dec 5, 2007
    clearwater, fl
    is the title of dinesh d'souza's new book. i heard him give an interview about it and thought some of the things he said were worth consideration by believers and non-believers

i dont really have a summary so here is his website

http://www.dineshdsouza.com/

ill try to briefly summarize:

evidence does not mean proof. says that just because people want it, it doesnt make it true, but it also doesnt mean its false.

talks about some science stuff. says that the recent advances in ideas of multiple realms and universes that obey different laws of space and time (or without) opens the logical door to places that we would call heaven or a paradise that people can be resurrected into and have "bodies" that are similar but different than ours in this universe...living in a different physical place

talks about how matter deteriorating but the mind...thoughts and all that do not and links this to the "soul" or some sort of consciousness that can carry over. its a transition from matter to mind

anyway, thought it was interesting

gafinfan and The Rev like this.
  2. Ohiophinphan

Ohiophinphan Chaplain Staff Member Luxury Box

A vital distinction since much of it is inherantly unprovable. I expect a lot more stuff out in this regard in the near future what with Dan Brown's newest book and some of the science that has been done recently. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

maynard likes this.
  3. gafinfan

gafinfan gunner Club Member

Dean Koontz has been using some of this thinking in his books for some time now. To be honest, I'm surprised more is not written on this very subject.

4. BigDogsHunt

BigDogsHunt Enough talk...prove it!

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    Dang, is that a photoshop job or a NATURAL picture? if so, cool!:up:

Also, Noetic Science is doing some very interesting stuff....like measuring our Human Soul (Mass)....by capturing/measuring a MASS difference between a Human during Life vs. moment of Death thus equaling an essence of soul. Very interesting stuff.

gafinfan and sking29 like this.
  5. gafinfan

gafinfan gunner Club Member

A picture that my cousin swears is natural sent to her by a friend which she sent to me in an email. I had to post it because I too think it is cool, thanks!

BigDogsHunt likes this.
  6. phinnhedd

phinnhedd Reality.

Oct 10, 2008
    Port Saint Lucie, FL
    Must be Goatse showing back up in the clouds. :shifty:

7. maynard

maynard Who, whom?

Dec 5, 2007
    clearwater, fl
    i agree, a lot of the new concepts make these ideas more probable. most people would just assume its the opposite

very interesting stuff

gafinfan likes this.
  8. maynard

maynard Who, whom?

Dec 5, 2007
    clearwater, fl
    didnt know about that

my pleasure :up:

9. maynard

maynard Who, whom?

Dec 5, 2007
    clearwater, fl
    theres got to be some jewish or catholic scholarship going on about this sort of thing i would imagine