1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lighten up...

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Pandarilla, Nov 23, 2015.

1. Pandarilla

Pandarilla Purist Emeritus

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    Cheer up, there's still plenty to be happy about this season:

-Philbin is still gone and the ghostly residue still lingers but is slowly dripping away.

-We now know our offense is predicated on the offensive line getting beat. I know, I just realized that all by myself. Lazor you clever bugga. I'm thinking of writing a short story called "The Dallas Thomas Code." It'll read like "The Grapes of Wrath" only more depressing.

-At least your not Ryan Fitzpatrick, who probably lost all his Harvard education on that brutal head to head that ended up having no bearing on the game.

-Lamar Miller still has a good yard per carry average...Sure he had a chance to break a franchise record for most consecutive games with a touchdown but now we might get to keep him at a cheaper price. Genius!

-Bill Lazor still has the best hair in the NFL. I know it's looked a little wispy this week, but you've got to use conditioner at some point. Friday Night Lights head coach can eat his heart out.

-I haven't seen Walter or Charlie since the offseason, I miss those guys. Gonna be good to catch up. They're funny, always mocking each other.

-No safety this week, aww yeah...

-Walt Aikens reminds me of an Iraqi scud missile, lol.

-The refs really got to hone their technique in throwing games. Thought they got really creative with that momentum killing one on Pouncey. It's harder than it looks...

...and finally

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SJUhlRoBL8M[/video]

Bumrush, Sceeto, Bpk and 3 others like this.
  2. Kud_II

Kud_II Realist Division

Oct 15, 2011
    Seneca, SC
    We're not keeping Miller. Unless we over pay. That's a pipe dream and would be a pretty stupid position to over spend just to keep Lamar. A good run blocking OL can make just about any RB look good.

3. Pandarilla

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    [​IMG]

Well that's genius, Idra...So what you're telling me is that if you want a good run game, all you have to do is have good blocking! Is that it? Because it's brilliant! Why don't you write a book, give seminars, you'll make a million dollars!

4. Kud_II

Kud_II Realist Division

Oct 15, 2011
    Seneca, SC
    For the most part... yes.

Here's a quick and easy example. DeMarco Murray with Dallas/DeMarco Murray with Philly. His avg is now 3.7. His career with Dallas I believe he was above 5.0 ypc. A lot of people were really hoping we'd sign Murray too I believe.

Ajayi could replace Miller and we probably wouldn't lose a step. It's cute how you guys get attached to players though.

5. Kud_II

Kud_II Realist Division

Oct 15, 2011
    Seneca, SC
    Oh, you'll be happy to know, Dallas still has a thriving running game, even without Romo they still avged 4.3 ypc on Runningback by committee.

But they could have went the route of overspending for Murray, and achieved next to nothing by doing so except adding to their cap.

6. Pandarilla

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    Me personally, I'm just going to blame chemtrails for your generation...

Sceeto, Puka-head and Paul 13 like this.
  7. Kud_II

Kud_II Realist Division

Oct 15, 2011
    Seneca, SC
    And when I'm right you're just gonna pretend like this conversation never happened I'm sure. Lol.

8. Pandarilla

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    I'm pretty sure quite a few people will be looking for a lobotomy after reading this thread...

9. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    Light Up

10. Phins_Fan_87

Phins_Fan_87 Phins and Heat fan Club Member

Mar 9, 2013
    Weston
    why would we keep miller? we dont even use him. he ran 7 times yesterday lol

Kud_II, Pandarilla and dolphin25 like this.
  11. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    [​IMG]

Sceeto and Shane Falco like this.
  12. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    Ajayi with the chronic knee pain and injury issues? Nah. I love Ajayi as a number two back, but I wouldn't want him carrying the load. Miller is a multi-dimensional threat. Lock him up.

13. RevRick

RevRick Long Haired Leaping Gnome Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Thomasville, GA
    Nah.. That doesn't make any sense. After all, he's averaging 5 yards/carry with more yards and more carries than the rest of the RBs combined behind OUR line.

Puka-head likes this.
  14. Rocky Raccoon

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    Ajayi looks good, no doubt. Love his bruising style. However, he has injury issues. Including a constant knee issue. I just don't think you can give him too heavy of a work load. You need to team him up with another back. Lamar Miller is the perfect compliment.

15. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    Yeah, we've seen how great it works out to not spend resources @ running back. Anyone remember Abdul-Jabar? How about Bernie Parmalee? Kirby? Any number of lackluster backs.

I guess Jabbar was good for a season.

16. muskrat21

muskrat21 Well-Known Member

May 11, 2014
    guys john avery is the next barry sanders.

17. Kud_II

Kud_II Realist Division

Oct 15, 2011
    Seneca, SC
    Lamar Miller is the perfect example of what it means to over spend on one player that is not in a crucial position. Save the cap space find a cheaper #2 back.

Also, you act like cause Ajayi had knee problems in college he's broken... He doesn't look broken to me and he wouldn't be the first RB to come back strong from such an injury.

Cheap, RB by committee is the way to go, thus we free up space to tend to other problem areas.

On November 8, 2015 Ajayi made his NFL debut against the Buffalo Bills. He rushed for 41 yards on 5 carries while averaging 8.2 yards per carry. The next week against the Philadelphia Eagles he would rush for 48 yards on 6 carries while averaging 8.0 yards per carry.

18. Rocky Raccoon

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    No, Ajayi has a chronic knee issue. Like, his knee is in perpetually bad shape. He's not supposed to have a long career because of it.

That's why I don't want him carrying the load. Save him as much as you can.

19. Kud_II

Kud_II Realist Division

Oct 15, 2011
    Seneca, SC
    He doesn't have to carry the load, we could have a two or even 3 back system for 1/3 of the price we would probably have to pay to keep Lamar Miller.

20. Puka-head

Puka-head My2nd Fav team:___vs Jets Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Slightly left of center
    Goddamm kids!!! Get off my Lawn!!!

Pandarilla likes this.
  21. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    I think you guys are grossly over estimating Lamar miller's potential value. He'll get paid but not like Adrian Peterson money

22. WhiteIbanez

WhiteIbanez Megamediocremaniacal

Aug 10, 2012
    You are absolutely wrong here. Ajayi was a fifth round pick. We should be using this guy early, late and often.
    What is being said in your post is we should use Miller more and agree but the OC doesn't give a damn about running the football.
    You were half right.

23. Rocky Raccoon

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    I'm absolutely wrong in saying Lamar Miller should be the featured back over Jay Ajayi? How is that wrong?

24. WhiteIbanez

Aug 10, 2012
    You would absolutely be insane to lay a pile of cash in front of Miller. That is what I'm saying.
    Ajayi should have been on the field more yesterday. They give this kid a sniff and they take him off the field.
    Use him up.

25. Rocky Raccoon

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    Sorry, I don't agree. I know you've never been a Miller fan, but he is a lethal weapon. Especially now that he's improved as a receiver.

26. WhiteIbanez

Aug 10, 2012
    My stance is let Miller test the market. If he gets overpaid so be it. Move on
    If he comes back pay him his true value.

Pandarilla and Kud_II like this.
  27. muskrat21

May 11, 2014
    so we have the anti tannehill section of the forum and the anti lamar miller section, i wonder if there is any correlation between the members of each sect.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2015
  28. Puka-head

Nov 25, 2007
    Slightly left of center
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me...

Or Homer's dealer, that was some truly trippy ish he was hitting.

Pandarilla likes this.
  29. Puka-head

Nov 25, 2007
    Slightly left of center
    And ya'll better just leave my boy Miller alone. WTF is wrong with you!

Rocky Raccoon likes this.
  30. Finster

Finster Finsterious Finologist

Jul 27, 2013
    I'm a big Miller fan, so you check me off that list, as well as 25, it's right in his sig.

31. Kud_II

Kud_II Realist Division

Oct 15, 2011
    Seneca, SC
    Jay Ajayi has better moves than Lamar and a more powerful frame. If you wanna take the carries load off of him cause you're concerned about his health then you bring in some solid but cheap back ups.

There's no point in paying Miller unless we somehow get him back relatively cheap... when we have this guy. Learn to let go people.

[video=youtube;VUQ4Xy-sVvE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUQ4Xy-sVvE[/video]

32. Kud_II

Kud_II Realist Division

Oct 15, 2011
    Seneca, SC
    If I was Tannebaum I would demand Lazor give Ajayi more carries. This is a lost season we need to see what we have for sure and if he can hold up. He needs at least 7-10 carries a game in my opinion.

33. Puka-head

Nov 25, 2007
    Slightly left of center
    Why does it have to be one or the other? To be successful in the NFL today you really do need two good backs. If you are really lucky you get two, three down backs, which Ajayi is not...yet and a third and fourth that can play ST's and get ready to step in. Miller is not going to break the bank, Ajayi is locked up for a few more, where's the fire?

34. Puka-head

Nov 25, 2007
    Slightly left of center
    I'm glad you are not Tannebaum then. The GM has no business making demands like that.

I do agree the Ajayi should get more carries. I also think MIller should be getting more carries. With those two in whatever combo getting 25-30 touches a game this offense would be MUCH more productive. The O-line would be better and so would Thill and the defense.

This team actually runs the ball quite effectively. Why they don't is a mystery to me.

35. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    Cause Lazor is stubborn and wants to have some sort of crazy passing attack.

Puka-head, Pandarilla and cbrad like this.
  36. Colmax

Colmax Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2007
    There is a reason Miller is in there over Ajayi, and it's simple: he is better.

Miller understands blocking, soft spots, and is one helluva receiving back. I never liked Miller until the end of last season. He is very good at his craft on a squad that keeps him on a pitch count. And sometimes, a low one. Miller needs a complimentary back like Ajayi needs one. Miller finds holes where there aren't any. He's no Ricky or Brown in thier primes, but he is a special player on this squad. Works hard for yardage, and he isn't the biggest guy out there. Can turn the corners. Ajayi isn't quite the runner Miller is. Good, no doubt. Just not there with overall running skills. It sucks that Miami is in this position. I hope he stays.

Puka-head likes this.
  37. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York

38. muskrat21

May 11, 2014
    good luck with that miller doesn't even get 7-10 carries.

Pandarilla likes this.
  39. finfansince72

finfansince72 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 18, 2007
    Columbia, South Carolina
    Well if the current offensive system is kept in place I don't see any reason to give Miller a longterm contract but I'd like to see a new system and Miller resigned. Miller is a very good, versatile back and guys like him are not as interchangeable as people here would like to think. We drafted him and spent a lot years developing him, you don't just let guys like that walk away as FAs and get nothing in return. It doesn't make sense to invest some crazy big money contract on Miller but if we can keep him for another 3-4 years at a reasonable price he's worth it.

I love the post about Dallas and Murray....if they had Murray on the team they would have a lot more than 3 wins, they'd probably be running away with the East right now. He was the exact thing they needed this year. Their running backs have been OK but none of them are even in the same category as Murray was last year with that line and system. He's actually proof that it isn't that easy to find franchise type running backs that fit your system.

RevRick likes this.
  40. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    So you've talked to him and know he has chronic knee pain? We can know injuries based on what we get reported and usually involves a medical test or procedure, but people have different pain thresholds, and what may be considered painful for some people would be a mere nuisance for others.

For a guy with chronic knee pain, it sure didn't limit his workload in college.

Pandarilla and resnor like this.