1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Like him or not, Tebow's winning

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by The_Dark_Knight, Nov 27, 2011.

1. The_Dark_Knight

The_Dark_Knight Defender of the Truth

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    Whether or not you're a fan of Tim Tebow, he's producing the most important stat that counts in football, wins!

Being a Florida Gators fan, by default or association, that makes me a Tim Tebow fan as well. I followed his career at Florida and upon completion of the 2009 season, argued that Tim Tebow was the greatest college football player to ever play the game, but I also expressed reservations about his ability to play quarterback at the NFL level. Well, I'm loving it that so far he's been able to make me eat my words.

Prior to Tebow getting the nod as the Broncos starting quarterback, the Broncos were a dismal 1-4 and looking is if they were headed for the cellar yet again. Tim Tebow was the 3rd string quarterback and was elevated to the starting job over Kyle Orton and Brady Quinn. After 6 starts, the Broncos are now 6-5, just 2 games back behind the AFC West leading Oakland Raiders and looking to make a run for the division lead. Although his quarterbacking skills may seem bleak in comparrison to quarterbacks considered to be elite, quarterbacks such as Drew Brees, Ben Roethlisburger or Tom Brady, Tim Tebow has something that none of those quarterbacks have...a higher winning percentage. At 5-1 as a starter, Tebow has an 83.3% winning percentage, better than any other quarterback in the NFL behind Aaron Rodgers of the undefeated Packers.

Tebow may be getting ridiculed and criticized over his game, but bottom line, when the clock reads 0:00, Tebow's been producing the only stat that truly counts...a "W".

2. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Better thread then the "beat the Raiders" one TDK..great idea Bro.

As for Tim Tebow, keep in mind though, the Broncos Defense has massively improved, TT has been playing Qb but to be honest, they are winning as a team more so then TT just dominating opponents, in fact they have not scored more then 20 pts on this streak have they?

I caught some of the game, thought he was throwing a better pass in this one.

3. rdhstlr23

rdhstlr23 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    Norv Turner is the worst HC in the NFL and it isn't even close.

4. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    He's SD's Wanny, waste all of the talent, then fired when it all crashes down.

Either way though, Tebow is doing better then most thought he would.

5. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    RE: Tebow's winning - So is Von Miller.

6. gilv13

gilv13 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2009
    John Fox isn't getting enough credit for what he did to that defense.

unluckyluciano likes this.
  7. I have no feelings for or against Tebow but I hate seeing a smile on Elways face.

As for Tebow as a player. Its true the defense has been contributing to their wins and Tebows unconventional style is just horrific in appearance but you can not say he is not having a positive impact on his team. I would caution all those who are running around gloating out the "I told you so's" to exercise some restraint until he can show he can carry this phenomena into next season and consistently win. Wild cat looked real good the 1st season we broke it out and it still provides limited success when its called in the right situations. I think Tebow may fall into the same category as the WC. Defenses are still adjusting to Tebow and his style of play is exploiting the lack of preparation they have put into game planning against him. The more game tape the DC's get of him the better they will be able to shut him down unless he can prove he can adapt. The other scary thing about Tebow is injury. I really do not like seeing my QB trying to run down field and go shoulder to shoulder against linebackers. He is going to get lit up by a linebacker or two and you know they are all salivating to ring his bell. To make matters worse he is playing like a running back while wearing QB pads. I like watching him play, and I think he is exciting to watch but he is a very risky investment to build your franchise around.

8. KingofMiami

KingofMiami FINS ARE KING

Jan 29, 2010
    miami fl
    I believe in tebus christ

9. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    The interesting part is the impact of leadership. The team is certainly winning and the defense is playing better. Obviously, Tebow has a direct impact on that b/c he has few turnovers and b/c the running based offense shortens the game and how often the defense is on the field. But the part that can't be measured is the leadership part. People want to credit Fox with the defense's turn around, but it's clear that they believe in Tebow. Michael Irvin said that you know when a team is buying in when they start sounding like their coach. But Irvin pointed out how this defense is sounding like Tebow. He picked out the faith based words in the defensive player's quotes that echoed what Tebow always says. How much of that turnabout is due to that belief, due to that leadership?

10. KingofMiami

KingofMiami FINS ARE KING

Jan 29, 2010
    miami fl
    Defense believes in tebow

In tebow we trust