1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lil' Man!

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Pandarilla, Aug 2, 2016.

1. Pandarilla

Pandarilla Purist Emeritus

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    [​IMG]

http://www.miamidolphins.com/news/a...Packages/19279b25-af98-4fa9-b1da-70273d1a6f56

Jakeem Grant, of course...

Jakeem is poised to be used as a wide receiver during the regular season. Can't wait to see him in some preseason action. Gase will have a hard time molding a finished product once Grant makes a few highlight plays. Fans will be clamoring for him to be more involved.

Same for Carroo. Stills has very little room for error with those two on the roster.

Surprised there aren't already a bevy of twitter video clips of him embarrassing our secondary. He's gotta be my favorite draftee not named Tunsil. Every day so far in training camp, his twitter feeds are like "Jakeem just sodomized Michael Thomas", "Grant takes a dump on Lippet", "Rookie Jakeem Grant just stole Walt Aikens lunch money"...How 'bout some video?

Finster and Tin Indian like this.
  2. Ronnie Bass

Ronnie Bass Luxury Box Luxury Box

Dec 19, 2007
    He just needs to make sure he can catch the rock, I believe that's his only question mark at this point

djphinfan, Pandarilla and cuchulainn like this.
  3. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    It's like insanely early to be drawing these sorts of conclusions but I think we can already pencil Grant in as a guy that will play this year and make plays.

Pandarilla likes this.
  4. Dorfdad

Dorfdad Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Easily see this as our Welker... If he can get off line fast and free he can play a big role in moving the chains.

5. Ronnie Bass

Dec 19, 2007
    I think that's what Chris is kinda talking about, for one Grant nowhere near has the hands Welker so to say he has the potential to be like him, or anyone on that same level, is putting the cart ahead of the horse.

Honestly his talents and tools might separate him from everyone, I mean I have never heard a coach say a player was TOO fast.

Pandarilla likes this.
  6. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    I would put him closer to Sproles. Especially during his rookie year. He is going to have to work on his hands A LOT. He drops too many passes to be reliable.

However, he is the type of player you want to have his hands on the ball. His combination of fast and quick is exceptional.

djphinfan and Mcduffie81 like this.
  7. Ronnie Bass

Dec 19, 2007
    Sproles was the one player that came to my mind too, but like you said those hands need working on

8. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    Even though he has small hands, he drops passes that he shouldn't drop. Needs to work a lot on concentration.

9. Redwine4all

Redwine4all Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2016
    Loved him in college, loved the pick. Happy to see him doing well.

Pandarilla likes this.
  10. invid

invid Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Probably on returns-value alone. Parker, Landry, Stills, Carroo, Grant and maybe one more for the final roster.

11. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    Well I already know for a fact Gase wants him to win the kick/punt return job badly, and he keeps finding a way every practice to make other players look silly. The players themselves have been going out of their way to talk him up since he showed up. Based on the buzz we've seen in public from Gase and the players, the buzz behind the scenes I've heard emanating from Gase, and based on the reports from onlookers who are constantly like oh my he just made this guy look silly (which happens like three times a day), if Jakeem Grant were a 1st round pick (not all that far fetched, Tavon Austin was a high 1st round pick and not much bigger nor was he a better college football player)...then we'd be having these incredibly exaggerated projections for what kind of impact he will make this year. I'm not going there, I'm just saying he's going to be active on game days and make plays, which is what will happen if he wins the return jobs like Gase wants. But we're going to get to watch him play football in 2016, and I think he's going to be fun to watch.

Pandarilla likes this.
  12. Finster

Finster Finsterious Finologist

Jul 27, 2013
    I'd be ecstatic if he was a good KR, anything above that is pure gravy, and he's about as easy to root for as it gets.

I was just watching his highlights again, he has a rare, and I do mean RARE, combination of speed, explosion and agility, your neck sore from shaking your head, add to that what looks like good vision and confident decision making, he could be the goods, but he does have to get hit a few times before we can really ascertain whether or not he's NFL durable.

Pandarilla likes this.
  13. dirtylandry

dirtylandry Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2015
    his role is ST, if he can't catch, then he is in a world of trouble. I heard the same thing . I was at camp and watching the first day drills of ST's, he was blowing by gunners with ease

14. dirtylandry

dirtylandry Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2015
    I agree, bigger pic is we need to phase out Landry from this role

15. FinNasty

FinNasty Alabama don’t want this... Staff Member Club Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Kid's nickname is Servo. I have high hopes for him! Hoping he makes the team...

Pandarilla likes this.
  16. Limbo

Limbo Mad Stillz

Mar 21, 2013
    The hype is awesome, this would be a great find. I just want to see him, at his size, in pads with full-contact. Good dude to track in preseason games when guys are allowed to really hit.

17. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Last time we had a smaller receiver from Texas Tech, he turned out pretty good. Rooting for Grant; can't wait to see how the offense makes use of his speed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pandarilla likes this.
  18. Finster

Finster Finsterious Finologist

Jul 27, 2013
    Another thing I noticed watching film on him, he seems to continue to get faster when in straight line all the way to the EZ, he's an effortless runner, he probably ran out of his mothers womb, juked the doc and jumped into the nurses arms.

MikeHoncho and Pandarilla like this.
  19. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    I think we're going to have to live with the occasional drop or fumble but in return we're gonna get a player that it is a legit threat to to take it to the house every time.

20. Pandarilla

Pandarilla Purist Emeritus

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    Visions of Daryll Green for me, dare I say. Hope he becomes a mainstay for like 8 years.

You can tell his legs are moving one and a half times faster than everyone else, allows him to make those sick cuts, low center of gravity. He's got a personality, too...He had me at "Dream".

Finster likes this.