1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lions defensive coordinator Gunther Cunningham's mystery linebacker is ...

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Sceeto, May 2, 2010.

1. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
  2. Trowa

Trowa A world of pain

May 8, 2008
    Wont load the article when I try going to the site.

3. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    Yeah. That's weird. I just noticed. Sorry. It should work now.

4. Trowa

Trowa A world of pain

May 8, 2008
    Jim Schwartz and Gunther Cunningham are two bright defensive minds in the NFL. It gives a little more confidence to this pick that they were targeting him as well. I'm an Alabama fan. I saw what he did to us in the Sugar Bowl. And I don't know how much was the kid's talent or the fact that by the second play of the game we were on our 3rd string LT. But he's got a motor from what I've seen and he could be a player.

5. DolfanJake

DolfanJake Banned

Jan 15, 2010
    West Miami-Dade County
    Sceeto likes this.
  6. PSG

PSG Clear Eyes. Full Hearts.

Nov 24, 2007
    North of the Border
    You say this like Parcells and Co. has no idea what the hell they are doing. Maybe, just maybe you should have confidence in the pick because our FO selected him.
    Just sayin.

7. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    You're taking it the wrong way dude. He did not say nor imply that Parcells & co. have no idea what they are doing. It's just more good endorsements about a guy we picked from some other good defensive minds around the NFL. That can't be a bad thing dude.:wink2:

Fin-Omenal likes this.
  8. Pandarilla

Pandarilla Purist Emeritus

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    So why didn't they take him with their 2nd round pick? Good to know Gunther at least had a man crush on him, I guess...

9. AquaBlitz

AquaBlitz Active Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Why has there been so much hate for the Dolphins FO? Has everyone forgotten a certain 1-15 season a couple years ago from the previous regime? Has everyone forgotten a divison title and a playoff game two years ago? The vernom being spewed on Parcells and Co has been ridiculous. They only went out and got one of the best, most dominant linebackers in the game. They only went out and got one of the best, most dominant receivers in the game. They only went out and got a high motor aggressive demon to play OLB and replace Porter and Taylor.

Give your heads a shake, and if you're going to play Debbie Downer go 'head and cheer for the Bills. I'd hate to see how you'd react if you had their draft and off-season.

10. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    Was this response meant for this thread?:lol: No one said anything bad about our FO in this thread. Actually, I'm one of the ones whom is usually defending our staff in some of those threads to which you refer, but that absolutely was not going on here. "Debbie Downer"????:lol: This was actually meant to be a positive thread. To what are you referring? Just curious.

11. Trowa

Trowa A world of pain

May 8, 2008
    I think my comments were taken way out of line. I wasn't in any way meaning to hate on our FO or Parcells or anyone. I was simply stating that I haven't seen enough of Koa Misi to formulate an opinion on him. However if Schwartz and Cunningham, two defensive coaches that I have a lot of respect for in the NFL, wanted him then it makes me feel better about the pick. When a player is taken that you don't know a lot about and other coaches you respect speak highly of him it makes you, at least in my case anyway, more likely to feel good about the pick.

Sceeto likes this.
  12. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University

They used it to trade up and select their gamebreaking RB....if they wouldnt have they may have just drafted him ahead of us in the second.

Sceeto likes this.
  13. LandShark13

LandShark13 New Member

Oct 20, 2009
    North Miami
    Anyone else catch Kiper on ESPN the other day picking Misi as the defensive plyaer to watch in the AFC east? Amazing how fast Kiper changed directions on this guy. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if Kiper gave himself whiplash.

14. The G Man

The G Man Git 'r doooonnne!!!

Mar 18, 2009
    It's all good Trowa. Not sure why/how anyone would've taken anything negative towards the FO from what you said, so don't sweat it bro. :knucks:

Sceeto likes this.
  15. Onehondo

Onehondo Senior Member Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Chesapeake, Virginia
    Some people lose perspective, (not talking about anyone in this thread) about how bad this team really was when they finished 1-15. There have been improvements all across the board on defense and offense. There are so many positive things about this team compared to the 1-15 team and the decline that led up to it.
    It doesn't take rose colored glasses or being a "Homer" to see the improvements and positive changes made, from the front office, to the coaching staff, and both offensive and defensive players. They will make mistakes along the way but the good far outweighs the bad. It wasn't too long ago when the bad just totally swamped the good and I am so thankful we have progressed passed that point in history but thats JMO.

LandShark13 likes this.