1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lions Sitting Stafford Giving Ravens easier shot to Wild

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by JimToss, Dec 9, 2009.

1. JimToss

JimToss Thank You Chad Pennington

Oct 11, 2009
    Delaware
    I know the thread title certainly doesn't seem very Dolphins related but it impacts our potential wildcard run.

Per the King of the Florios:
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/12/09/lions-backup-gets-thrown-to-the-ravens/

I know the Lions technically shouldn't be any challenge to a team contending for thier playoffs lives, but the fact the Lions are making it easier for a banged up pass interference prone secondary doesn't sit easy with me.

I understand the fact of the matter is the Dolphins just plain need to take care of thier own business and win football games, but the more help our phins get towards the playoffs the better.

Of course the better option is say to hell with the wildcard and lets win the divison!

Oh well just some food for thought.

Edit: If a mod can put "wild card" in the title, it would make me look like less a doufus.

Delfin Alejandro and dolfan7171 like this.
  2. dolfan7171

dolfan7171 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Arizona
    That's the key right there. Go for the division then if that is out of reach then the wildcard.

opfinistic and JimToss like this.
  3. Lt Dan

Lt Dan Season Ticket Holder

Mar 23, 2008
    Eglin AFB, Fl
    I would not risk the face of the team either. Wise move by the Lions

steveincolorado and JimToss like this.
  4. JimToss

Oct 11, 2009
    Delaware
    So your sitting Calvin Johnson too? :)

5. JMHPhin

JMHPhin Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 27, 2007
    Ohio
    if he is hurt n in danger of l/t damage, yes

steveincolorado likes this.
  6. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    The Ravens weren't going to lose this game anyways. The Ravens will lose to the Steelers. that's when we pass them up.

7. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    I find this silly for two reasons:

1. The Ravens defense isn't what it used to be. Escpecially without Ed Reed. They've looked downright soft at times this year.

2. Does it really matter who the Lions start at QB? I don't think they'd have much of a chance anyhow.

dolfan7171, SICK and JimToss like this.
  8. opfinistic

opfinistic Braaaaains!

Dec 7, 2007
    Peeking in Nabo's Basement
    Culpepper. Lions may as well forfeit.

9. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    The Lions are what?

2-10 with Stafford?

Comeon now, if anything C-Pepe gives the Lions a slightly larger chance to win the game, C-Pepe knows he is audtioning for the next Qb starved team that needs him next season, this is his one shot to try and do something.

10. LandShark13

LandShark13 New Member

Oct 20, 2009
    North Miami
    I agree with most of you. If he's hurt and at potential risk for LT damage and your team has been out of the playoff hunt since the season began you have to sit him. Also it makes no difference who they start they wont win anyway lol.

11. The Aqua Crush

The Aqua Crush New Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    With stafford in he gave the lions a chance to air it out take the good with the bad and make an upset. The ravens' offense has seemed putrid this year. And Stafford and Calvin can at least put up some points.

THe lions stand no chance with Daunte at the helm.

And I agree with Hardkore, their D isn't what it was. Especially without Ed Reed.

opfinistic likes this.
  12. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    This is good news for Calvin Johnson owners, he will likely get 4-5 bombs thrown up to him.

13. The Aqua Crush

The Aqua Crush New Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Calgary Alberta Canada

I have to disagree Fin-Omenal, Calvin got targets with Stafford at the helm and the kid qb had the rhythm with Calvin. With daunte he just holds on too long, gets under pressure and throws it up to anyone. Their passing game gets seriously downgraded IMO, which means a tough game for Megatron and his owners.

Smart move by the lions though. YOu have something special started with Megatron and Stafford. No need to risk identified injuries from here on out it won't mean anything.

14. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University

have to disagree that he had much of a "rythem" with Stafford....I dont think he went to him enough.

But your exactly right about C-Pep he will just throw it up, starting Calvin Johnson will come down to the weather for me.

As far as Pep's effect on the game maybe he will be "on" this cant be bad news becasue we all chalked it up as a Bmore win I think, now they got the "punchers" chance.

15. Vinny Fins

Vinny Fins Feisty Brooklyn dolfan ️‍

Oct 26, 2009
    Bklyn
    Stafford's going to be a stud and he's pretty badly banged up. Why should they risk him suffering longterm injury?

16. DrAstroZoom

DrAstroZoom Canary in a Coal Mine Luxury Box

Jan 8, 2008
    Springfield, Ill.
    God help us if we're depending on the Lions for a playoff spot.

Firesole, JimToss and opfinistic like this.
  17. JimToss

Oct 11, 2009
    Delaware
    We certainly aren't counting on them, but a loss by Baltimore to the Lions would destroy and Ravens chances.

18. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Yeah, things are bleak, but if we are indeed counting on a Lions win to "Propel" us into the playoffs, we are seriously in deep-doo-doo