1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

List of Negatives-Week 11

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Section126, Nov 16, 2012.

1. Section126

Section126 We are better than you. Luxury Box

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    1. Well, Reshad Jones is pretty good. Sean Smith is okay. Everybody else? Not so good.

2. I would love for Karlos Dansby to make a play eventually. I think it would be really cool. Other teams catch interceptions. I swear they do.

3. Richie Incognito missed blocks, gave away ground in the ground game, and at times actually bumped into our other linemen. Had he gotten a PF penalty, he would have had a complete game.

4. Nolan Carroll. LOL. A couple of those were questionable, but the reason he got called so many times is because the refs didn't want to call him for PI on every play.

5. Jimmy Wilson. Catch. The. Damn. Ball. That dropped INT probably cost us the game. Think about it.

6. Dan Carpenter is no longer an extraordinary kicker. He is run of the mill. The most replaceable player on the team.

7. Reggie Bush is not in rhythm because he is being iced for long periods during the game. He has no holes to run through, and that has caused him to play cautiously. It's not so bad for him though, since he will replace Danny Woodhead in New England next year.

8. Ryan Tannehill. I am not a "body language" guy....But he did not look so good in warmup. He looked tight, and nervous. Missing Clay on what would have been a gimme TD, spelled it out for us. The final INT was a choke job. he had a pitch and catch for 10 yards on the sideline with Reggie Bush. He never looked that way. He locked in on the same route he had completed 3 times int eh game, and sought the comfort of it, instead of actually playing the game. He is playing with NO CONFIDENCE now.

9. Hard to judge our receivers, with a QB playing poorly, but it's safe to say that the team needs a overhaul at the position. Davone Bess is slowly revealing himself as the only true "keeper" in the group.

10. Anthony Fasano is really playing poorly as of late. Missing blocks, getting jammed on routes, and somehow finding Tanny's "pay no mind" list. I still think he would make a fabulous backup TE.

11. The season ends in week 11 this year, it ended in week 5 last year, so we do have improvement.

Ludacris, Mcduffie81, Sceeto and 15 others like this.
  2. PSG

PSG Clear Eyes. Full Hearts.

Nov 24, 2007
    North of the Border
    I'd argue the season ended in Week 10, but point taken nonetheless.

muscle979, dolfan22 and ckparrothead like this.
  3. Bumrush

Bumrush Stable Genius Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Yup Section. Gotta feel for Tanny.

He was nervous, body language sucked.. He even seemed nervous in the post game press conference. Tried catching his breath a few times.

Kid will learn from this. Hostile environment, no support from his OL or running game. No open WR's to throw to against a team riled up at home and playing with far more energy.

At the end of the day, the Ireland debate is becoming moot. He can no longer be trusted to run this organization. The fanbase has left in droves (last home game felt like a pre-season game) and we still have an OL that can't pass or run block.

RoninFin4 and Section126 like this.
  4. firedan

firedan Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    palm beach county fl
    Hard to fault the rookie QB with not much around him.You can only expect so much from him with the way they played as a group.

Bumrush likes this.
  5. Bumrush

Bumrush Stable Genius Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Agreed.

6. dolfan32323

dolfan32323 ty xphinfanx

Nov 27, 2007
    Washington DC
    The fact that we are 4-6 already exceeded my expectations for this season.

Hiruma78 likes this.
  7. Lee2000

Lee2000 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Mar 23, 2008
    Pearl, Mississippi
    The agenda for the off-season is pretty much set: reset the offensive line, especially at the guard positions, get a threat at wr (no offense to Hartline), and find some rushers on the defense. Probably could use some youth at linebacker, and use a high round pick on a decent corner prospect.
    As for Incognito, I thought the game last night, and to some extent, the previous two games, has exposed his lack of fit for this offense. Richie doesn't really fit Philbin's prototype for offensive guard, and Jerry doesn't either for that matter. Need better athletes there.

8. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    Brian Hartline has the physicality and toughness of toilet paper. Really high quality toilet paper, like Charmin, but still toilet paper. He's the equivalent of a flopper in basketball too. Lucky for him his flopping actually works and he gets a lot of flags thrown in his favor. I think he's a quality #3 wide receiver and maybe even a serviceable #2 wide receiver, as I've said for a while now...but the problem is Davone Bess is also an ideal #3 wide receiver. I don't think they co-exist.

Anthony Fasano is a really nice #2 tight end but Charles Clay right now is no better than a #3. And Michael Egnew could easily overtake Clay for that #3 spot, if only he'd get on the field so we can find out more about him.

After Rishard Matthews finally got on the field and showed some good things, after watching how this coaching staff is torpedoing Reggie Bush, and seeing all year how restrained Lamar Miller has been, I'm even more empowered in my thinking that Michael Egnew's being on the bench all year is indicative of precisely nothing.

I tried to convince myself preseason that Richie Incognito might take well to this system but that was apparently delusional. He and John Jerry are square pegs in round holes. And Jon Martin thus far is more splinter than peg.

This roster looks so bereft of talent, I'm almost changing my mind on Jake Long. If his sub-par year sees his demands come down, you might think about keeping him. When you've got no talent you can't afford to be giving up what you do have even if it comes expensive. It's when you've got talent everywhere that you can be picky about resource allocation.

The same is true of Randy Starks. It's hard to see how you give up the talent you do have when you have so little.

On the other hand, does Kevin Burnett really need to be here at his price tag? Might we try and find someone a little more dynamic?

I'm going against the grain on Reshad Jones even though he had a fantastic night last night. He's a run stuffing, man coverage safety. He's a young Yeremiah Bell without Yeremiah's wheels, brains or leadership. Consistently slow on his reads in coverage, and I'm not sure you can afford that in today's NFL. You certainly should keep him, but only so long as he's cheap, and you should continue trying to find safeties that have instincts and range.

Sean Smith is a solid #2 corner but you need more. I'm not sure there's even another corner on roster worth messing with. The only way Richard Marshall makes my team next year if I'm running things is if he takes like a fish in water to the free safety position.

Dan Carpenter has the distinct honor of being the most overpaid kicker in the NFL. Way to go.

fin13, Ozzy, muscle979 and 6 others like this.
  9. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    Sean Smith is ****ing garbage. Guy can't win a one on one battle for the ball, can't turn his head around, not fast/quick enough to recover from the 30 ****ing yards soft coverage he gives to WRs, and can't tackle. Solid #2? Maybe. But for the buzz, talk in the offseason and the **** talking he does....hes not a playmaker, and not that good of a corner.

byroan likes this.
  10. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    Also, Dansby is so over paid its ridiculous. The guy shows up once or twice within a 7 week period. Never makes a play, supposedly he made those in Arizona? Cool story Karlos.....earn your money dude.

I guess we got spoiled with ZT ?

Fin-Omenal and byroan like this.
  11. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    I think Sean Smith is more a victim of the lack of roster talent. He's forced to be what he's not and so there's frustration. In other circumstances he'd be thought of as a really nice player to have. But the rest of the corners suck so much dick that there's no tolerance for him allowing catches, because he's supposed to be the one good corner on the team. But you know what, production matters, and for all the complaining about him he allowed 39 yards receiving last night on 5 throws in his direction. That is in no way whatsoever "bad".

12. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    Yes I think we were spoiled with Zach Thomas. Karlos Dansby is another player that is more victim of circumstance. If he weren't paid so much and surrounded by so little then he'd be thought of as a really nice player to have on your roster.

13. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    I don't know about this. He has some stud DTs, a fantastic DE (wake) and a solid OLB in Burnett with a decent olb in misi. He overpersues ALOT for a inside linebacker on runs...his bread and butter was supposedly making things happen....forced fumbles, fumble recoveries, int's, and coverage. He hasn't exactly dominated in those parts of the game. No sack production either. I remember hearing about him coming in about being a former SOLB that had experience rushing the passer and he had showed good production of that in AZ.....now some of that I am sure is the scheme, and the plays not being called for him. But dammit, you're paying this guy that money, call the plays for him! Let him blitz. And we arent seeing enough game changing plays to warrant the cost.

Fin-Omenal likes this.
  14. Anonymous

Anonymous Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jul 5, 2009
    I don't think this roster Is so bereft on talent like most. At least, defensively. I would like to see upgrades at certain positions that I didn't think before. For example, I would like to see Misi replaced. He's solid, but a more dynamic, three down player would be ideal.

Also would like to see another pass rusher, Free Safety and corner brought in.

Offensively, we need a lot of talent. I would probably ignore the Tight End and Running back position until the later rounds because I think we have more potential there than other positions. We need to add new talent at the line and receiver position.

15. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Good to have ya back, sir.

No one articulates the alarmist/sky is falling posts the way you do. I imagine it was pretty hard having to sit through a three game winning streak before getting back to business.

slickj101 and Fin D like this.
  16. Anonymous

Anonymous Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jul 5, 2009
    He's playing well but the main issues are the lack of turnovers. I agree with you.

Next season is definitely his last season. He'll have one year left where he makes 11 million. We're not paying him that.

17. dolfan22

dolfan22 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Amen , and thank you for being direct and rational.

Even our so called plus players have holes or defeciencies in their games , of course most players do , but our's have bigger ones imo. Hard to build on that or with that , and that is being proven yet again this year.

We played awful last night ( again ) but we had chances to turn the game around multiple times and course that never happened. Tough spot to be in , and I suspect there won't be a change at the leadership level and we continue on the insanity treadmill. Problem is this is a pivotal point for the franchise , and if this off season isn't a big positive we may be in store another near decade of putrid play.

More questions than answers , one step forward , one sideways and here we go , two steps back.

18. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    I dunno. What's the going rate for a LB who (at 6'4"-250) can fill holes, diagnose plays, cover TE's/RBs in man, play the hook/curl/flat zones with ease, get down the seam in a Tampa 2, make tackles for loss, shut down screens, spill plays from the front side, chase them down from the back side, and do pretty much everything you'd ever ask a LB to do? He's not "great" at anything in particular, but he can pretty much do it all.

After watching Channing Crowder, Akin Ayodels, Tim Dobbins, etc for a few years you should know the difference between bad LBs and good by now.

pacadermng67 and Stringer Bell like this.
  19. Onehondo

Onehondo Senior Member Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Chesapeake, Virginia
    The talent is so thin on this roster right now that it is going to be especially tough to figure out who to keep and who to dump. There just doesn't seem to be one person on this roster that is worth what they are getting paid except for the Punter Fields. Right now that would include the coaches and Ireland. The woes on this team can be pointed at every member of the roster. We have a nice collection of draft picks this coming year but what positions do you use them on when there is so many holes that need filling? Tannehill has shown some positives this year but is his terrible play ruining his self confidence? One thing is clear and that is two straight losses to bottom tier teams and a loss to a team that was at the very bottom of the league last year is destroying the fans confidence in their team.

20. dolfan22

That's a lot of replacemects isn't it? Why do we need so many new parts?

21. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    My problem is he talks and is paid to be great.

Fin-Omenal likes this.
  22. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    Yeah. I was silent because the Dolphins were winning. Not like I had anything else going on at the time. LMFAO.

PhinsRDbest likes this.
  23. dolfan22

Anything else on , or UP ? ;)

ckparrothead likes this.
  24. PhinsRDbest

PhinsRDbest Transform and Transcend

Jan 5, 2010
    the next dimension
    Jerks going to be jerks, congrats on the wedding!

ckparrothead likes this.
  25. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    LMAO, I guess we're all assuming today. If u think wedding's are time consuming, try actually being married. With kids :lol:.

26. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Dumb fans gonna be dumb fans. All part of the forum-ula, especially after a loss. Congrats on the sig!

27. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Do you think we should get rid of him?

28. PSG

PSG Clear Eyes. Full Hearts.

Nov 24, 2007
    North of the Border
    What is dumber:
    Being critical of Ireland for compiling a roster very short on talent and leadership or blindly following him simply because he's 'our' GM?

jinx likes this.
  29. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Both are dumb. But one is dumbererer.

The roster isn't short on talent or leadership, that's the opinion of some. But Ireland is the GM, that's not up for debate. And I haven't seen a single person make the argument that anyone should support him simply b/c he is the GM.

When the season is over we can have a rational discussion about the rooks, the younger players, the direction of the team, etc. But to talk big picture the day after another close loss is comically predictable. Mama always said, *****es are as *****es do.

30. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    So the moral victory is that yesterday's game was "close"? Against a 3-6 team that seems to pride itself on blowing leads and failing to finish games? We're supposed to feel better because we only lost by 5 points, while being dominated in most every phase?

muscle979 and PSG like this.
  31. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    Tannehill and Sherman not using Tannehill's athletic ability to put more pressure on the defense, to a point where the defense can totally discount Tannehill taking off and running for a first down.

32. dolfan22

If the roster is not short on talent , the reason we are 2 games below .500 with a soft schedule is because of ? Rookie QB ? Poor coaching ? Bad luck ? or talent that actually doesn't translate? If so then we keep banking on that changing for how long? Or ?

33. Berezo

Berezo Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2012
    Atlanta, GA
    Not true...called a draw on 3rd and 15! :shifty:

SICK likes this.
  34. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    4 of the 6 losses were to NE, Houston and San Fransisco, 3 of those 4 on the road. But that's besides the point.

I'm with you. Moral victories are for women and children. But does endlessly bashing the players, coaches, office types mean we're "supposed to feel better"?

The only thing that makes me feel better is knowing that this was pretty much a throw away year to begin with. We have guys crying over a Hail Mary (season) that fell incomplete (no playoffs) and blaming the OC (team) for ever attempting it b/c while the ball was in the air they thought it might be caught.

We knew from training camp on that we would have a pretty good defense but that on offense we would struggle to even make first downs, much less score points. We knew this season was all about seeing if Tannehill would even see the field, he has, and he has exceeded all reasonable expectations. As well as seeing who else could play/fit the system and who needed to be replaced. Shanahan was dumb enough to come out and admit the obvious in Washington and he got killed for it. It's one of those things that people with common sense understand, but media types and naive fans love to go crazy over. We're evaluating guys and trying to decide who stays and goes. Like a very long preseason. Whether we win or lose is pretty much besides the point. Always has been.

slickj101, Fin D and Dol-Fan Dupree like this.
  35. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    We have a roster that is incomplete, not talentless. I think it's too early to judge the coaches, two new schemes to install and some pieces that need to be added, especially on offense.

On defense, I love the job Odrick has done, but he is not a 4-3 DE who can make plays vs NFL LTs. He's better off rotating in to give Starks/Soliai a breather or replacing Starks if he leaves in FA. Everyone else is serviceable IMO but there are some guys who are "just guys", if there is a stud DB or LB out there I'm all for it.

On offense we're a mess right now, but that was to be expected. WR is a disaster and it's bleeding stench into the entire offense. I think most of the offseason $$$ and draft picks will go towards fixing that side of the ball.

36. dolfan32323

dolfan32323 ty xphinfanx

Nov 27, 2007
    Washington DC
    Yo guys, at least we have Brandon Fields and John Denney. Cornerstones of the franchise.

HardKoreXXX likes this.
  37. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    It didn't have to be a Hail Mary season. It could've been more like a 50 yard FG. The Colts were 2-14 last year and are likely headed to the playoffs, so that crap doesn't really fly.

muscle979, Section126 and DePhinistr8 like this.
  38. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    If he doesnt/wont restructure his current deal to be paid as an average linebacker.

Ozzy and mi2cents like this.
  39. emocomputerjock

emocomputerjock Senior Member

Nov 23, 2007
    DC
    What, 16 points total in two games against the worst two defenses in the league inst competitive?

Ozzy, ckparrothead and HardKoreXXX like this.
  40. dolfan22

Again , the comment is not , was not , we are talentless ...it was "short on talent" which of course is not the same. We are not short on talent then?