1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Little love for Fins backfield....

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by felly smarts, Jul 12, 2008.

Tags:
  1. felly smarts

felly smarts New Member

Jun 24, 2008
    PhinsRock likes this.
  2. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    Jeremy Green is steady hating on our backfield.

3. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    To be fair, both are coming off injury racked seasons and it's unknown whether Williams can get back to his 2003 dominance.

Larryfinfan likes this.
  4. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

No surprises here, move along folks, move along . . .

R&R will surprise a lot of folks, glad nobody thinks they will.

padre31 and cnc66 like this.
  5. AbideN703

AbideN703 Yes, I'd hit it

Jan 7, 2008
    Springfield, Virginia
    Personally I'd rather have the Fins RBs play some games first before being labeled as not good.

K?

6. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

While I happen to agree with Green, that these guys still have to prove something on the field, the potential is there for them to be a very good tandem for each other while 'playing' their way into shape but....

Green has been a staunch Fins hater for a long time. I don't know why, but he seems to hate on us at every opportunity he gets. Maybe he was abused by his daddy when he was younger, but he doesn't appear to like the Fins very much...

7. CrunchTime

CrunchTime Administrator Retired Administrator

Nov 23, 2007
    They are a proven commodity together.

If you remember there were a lot of speculation that they wouldnt be able to play with each other because each would be pressing for time as a starter and because of performance bonusus and because there would be a bad atmosphere created in the lockerroom etc.

All of that mumbo jumbo was disproven .They are great friends and they complement each other very well .

The only question to my mind is if they can survive the season without injuries.
    If they do I can see both of them getting 1000 yrds as Ricky claimed.

8. cnc66

cnc66 wiley veteran, bad spelur Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Ronnie was asked what yardage he would make.. he mumbled 100 yards a game, or thereabouts.. ahh.. 1400 yards or so. I smiled, we have TWO runningbacks that can get more than 4 yards a pop behind crappy lines.. I fairly quiver thinking about what we will soon unleash... and "this" year, as good as it may be, will only serve to show what everyone will fear NEXT year.

PhinsRock likes this.
  9. rdhstlr23

rdhstlr23 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    I understand the thought process totally. I have high expectations for this runningback duo because of the potential and how talented these two players. Ronnie Brown is coming back from an injury and typically RB's aren't fully back after in their first year. Ricky Williams hasn't played a full season since 2003. So, there are some serious questions here. The FO did a swell job of finding another RB, in Parmele, just in case.

In terms of pure talent, I don't know if any team can say they have what we have, other than maybe the Raiders.

CrunchTime likes this.
  10. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    My confidence is in the Oline more so then Ricky Ronnie or Parmalee, this is our best Oline in years IMO, we haven't had this much talent on the Oline since the early 90's, and we are not all crossing our fingers that "Coach Z has done a great job with journeyman Y this offseason"

We spent most of our FA money on the Oline in Smiley, we have moved Vern Carey back to RT, where he played at a Pro Bowl level two years ago, and we spent the #1 overall pick on a LT, and a #2 last year for a guy who made all rookie teams.

That much talent hasn't been seen across our Oline in 15 years, with Webb, Sims and Uhlenake or Robby making the pro bowl. And "back then" we didn't have a Ricky or a Ronnie to hand the rock off to.

It may take them some time to gel, but Ricky and Ronnie may be buying the Oline a whole mess of steak dinners this season...:hi5:

cnc66 and felly smarts like this.