1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Live Press Conference at 1:45 on Miamidolphins.com

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Vendigo, Apr 22, 2008.

1. Vendigo

Vendigo German Gigolo Club Member

Nov 30, 2007
    Thought I'd give you guys a headsup.

Edit: Stream's running.

bran likes this.
  2. guatemalanfan

guatemalanfan Junior Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Guatemala
    watching rigth now, thanks

3. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    Its on ESPN right now too.

4. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    anyone can give information from what was said???? cant view it here at work, thanks guys!

5. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    Just basically that we've signed him, he is our #1 pick. They didnt discuss the contract there really, you'll find more info about that in other places. Jake mentioned he's honored to be here... just the usual introductory press conference.

alen1 and SICK like this.
  6. Sam

Sam Member

Nov 30, 2007
    I really like the way Ireland sounded today, comfortable and in control. Heck, even Sparano sounded more comfortable than he has in the past. I especially like having Parcells staying out of the picture, although, I suppose, everyone's still going to credit him for the pick and the signing.

7. bran

bran Senior Member

Dec 20, 2007
    New Hampshire
    jake seems like the kind of person that you dont have to worry about he wont be in drive bys or staying out all night and getting into fights

he seems like the kind of good character guy that every team needs

but he is as mean as **** on the field

8. Sam

Sam Member

Nov 30, 2007
    The most important question was about whether he's going to be a LT or RT (Hard to hear the questions).

Sparano said Jake's was picked to be a LT, and he's going to play LT. Also, he really liked Jake's discipline, i.e. low number of penalties he's had.

alen1 likes this.
  9. jason8er

jason8er Luxury Box Luxury Box

Dec 7, 2007
    Beaufort, SC
    That had to be the ugliest draft hat I have ever seen.

10. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    Kiper/Mcshay love his run blocking-aggressiveness, think he'll be good at pass blocking. Said we made the right decision. Will be an nfl LT.

Sclereth concurs.

11. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

Awesome! Can't wait to hear the details of the contract if they tell us, want to see how low the $ is we signed him for. Super move IMHO, now we see how the REST of the draft goes!

Jake should solidify and make the OL a nasty, ground-churning bunch with attitude! Our ground game just stepped it up a notch IMHO. Ronnie & ricky & LoBook must be thrilled!

12. charlestonphan

charlestonphan Junior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    man i hope so... the O line has been an issue longer than QB.

having the number one pick signed and ready to be a part of the team from day one is huge. speaks highly of the new regime.

13. Onehondo

Onehondo Senior Member Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Chesapeake, Virginia
    What a change, somebody makes the OL a priority. If Miami can pick up another second rounder prior to the draft this could be a very good draft. At least now we don't have to sit on the edge of our seats to see who Miami takes No#1.