1. dolfan22 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Pretty much know nothing of the context of living in Mexico for say 4 to 6 months , give or take.

Deciding if I should go to live for several months in Mexico , I see lots of seemingly really nice/acceptable monthly rentals for a very reasonable ( read inexpensive ) cost. Kind of looking at a place like Rosarito Beach which is a bit south of Tijuana . I would prefer a place fairly close to go into the US and close enough to nice water.

Legally what does this entail? Now I am Canadian , but do I need to arrange any special visa as opposed to just my passport? Can I take and drive my vehicle ?

The weather differences this time of year are certainly in Mexico's favour and the cost is much more than affordable , at a stage where I can do this if the cost is as is and there aren't any really negatives. I understand you have to prudent with areas etc . but I am also not paranoid .

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

2. giovafin Rossonero

Mar 25, 2008
    It might be helpful...:dunno:
    http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/mexico-mexique/consul/visas.aspx?view=d

Only found this about vehicles.
    http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/mexico-mexique/consul/customs-douanes.aspx#Mexico

:up:

3. dolfan22 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Thanks , I did see an article about taking your vehicle into Mexico , it seems to be permisable with a minimum amount of red tape.

So that is good , don't want to be vehicle less or have to buy another one in Mexico , and I would not be there for more than 180 days , I am seriously looking at going for say 4 months and then come back to Canada. See how it goes and if it goes well do that again next year.

One thing I would need would be internet and tv where I could get some preferred channels , mostly would want to be able to get things like NHL center ice so I can follow hockey , a small self indulgence , other than that would be more than ok to simplify life for several months.

If anyone has experience would appreciate any feedback.

Cheers !