1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Locker Room Speech

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by dolfan40, Oct 18, 2015.

1. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    Very emotional speech....good for Campbell for getting his first victory in that type of manner. I don't think some folks here realize how impossible of a task it was to get the team playing like that today in two short weeks; this guy deserves all the praise.

MAFishFan and djphinfan like this.
  2. emocomputerjock

emocomputerjock Senior Member

Nov 23, 2007
    DC
    I'm not sure if that was the whole speech or not, but damn. Didn't let up focus for one second on being competitive and playing how you practice.

3. Phins_Fan_87

Phins_Fan_87 Phins and Heat fan Club Member

Mar 9, 2013
    Weston
    Epic.

djphinfan likes this.
  4. Silverphin

Silverphin Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Dan Campbell can motivate you to climb Mount Everest in nothing but street clothes.

Dan Campbell can motivate Glass Joe to defeat Chuck Norris, Mike Tyson, and Muhammad Ali, all in their prime, all in one night.

Dan Campbell can give Urkel the confidence to ask out Beyonce.

Dan Campbell can get Meek Mill to write and rap a proper diss track.

Kud_II, Bumrush, MonstBlitz and 4 others like this.
  5. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    that....was....awesome...

the best part is he remembered the inactives who pushed the starters...perfect speech..

JJ watt is gonna get his big mouth shut.

MAFishFan likes this.
  6. DolphinGreg

DolphinGreg Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 7, 2014
    Great to see the team play well and good to see the heightened sense of motivation.

It's interesting how he calls out players by name, he's obviously going to be a "player's coach."

It'll make the rest of the season fun. Curious to see how Miami sustains itself and if they can fight off the almost inevitable flat performance that follows a big win.

MikeHoncho likes this.
  7. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    pff. he should have been headbutted ross

8. dullfandan

dullfandan Active Member

Sep 15, 2013
    Charlotte N.C.
    the sleeping giant is cam wake... hes been the emotional and physical leader of this team for a while now...

lets hope he can keep this going

9. NCPhinFan

NCPhinFan Active Member

Sep 22, 2014
    I feel more comfortable at 2-3 with Campbell than I would with Philbin at 4-1. Campbell showed more guts and competence on the sidelines in one game than Philbin showed in four years.

10. adamprez2003

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    thats one thing i noticed too. we were aggressive not just in play but playcalling. i liked it. we played to win instead of playing not to lose

11. PSG

PSG Clear Eyes. Full Hearts.

Nov 24, 2007
    North of the Border
    I said it in the game thread....but either this team fully and completely quit on Joe Philbin or Joe Philbin is a worse coach than even I thought. Because that was a totally different team out there this afternoon.

Tin Indian, Springveldt and MAFishFan like this.
  12. emocomputerjock

emocomputerjock Senior Member

Nov 23, 2007
    DC
    It can be both.

Finster, MAFishFan and PSG like this.
  13. Conuficus

Conuficus Premium Member Luxury Box

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    They were just not emotionally invested in Philbin's message. The way the team played today was fun.

For me the biggest take away from this game was how the team responded in the second half when the momentum appeared to shift to the Titans. Under Philbin I have little doubt that we'd have either lost the game or allow them back into it where we have to try and win it in the end. Instead we slammed the door shut and put that team down.

14. Conuficus

Conuficus Premium Member Luxury Box

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    Getting after each other is going to be the mantra moving forward. If you practice with your hair on fire, you'll play with your hair on fire.

djphinfan likes this.
  15. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    I hate to be negative - but Ross's speech: So you just realized emotion and intensity was missing? What about the past 2 years when you watched this team collapse down the stretch?

Oh well. I guess all we can hope is that his bumbling may have led to a good find in Dan Campbell. I don't want to get my hopes up, but he stepped into an extremely difficult situation and had this team ready to play. That can't be ignored or just written off as "a spark".

16. Pandarilla

Pandarilla Purist Emeritus

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    He even said "dude"!...refreshing to hear him drop the f-bomb as well. Almost tore off Ross' arm shaking his hand. Can't have everything I guess...

17. ExplosionsInDaSky

ExplosionsInDaSky Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    My wife even noticed it at the game today. She said that we may have something brewing here. It was good to see Ross make a cameo on the field.
    I love how we responded when the Titans looked to be gaining momentum. The crowd got loud after Tannehill got sacked and for a few minutes my heart began to sink. Love how we responded though, and I love that we stuck with the run. Very balanced today and that's what we need.

18. adamprez2003

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    Yeah that one moment when we still have a sizable lead but i'm worried like its a tie game. that ended quickly. this new regime is good for my blood pressure levels

19. gilv13

gilv13 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2009
    Wakes's dong should have also got a game ball.

djphinfan and MikeHoncho like this.
  20. BigNastyDB13

BigNastyDB13 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2012
    Thanks for posting this! It sure is nice having a coach with some common sense. I hope and expect Campbell to stick around for a while. But boy was it nice to see more 2te and less shotgun. More straight ahead runs and less quick screens to Landry. I like what Landry brings to the table but if he is being targeted 12 times, there's something wrong. It was beautiful to see Thill under center with a running game and using some playaction. Just the common sense moves made a huge difference. Douglas and Jennings out. Huge plus on offense. Sims back in, use 2 te. Awesome. And last but not least, Cameron Wake looked healthy and explosive. Great to see! And my baseball team is up 2-0 in the NLCS! Great Sunday for me!

21. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    Did you see Tanne's suit in the following video. LOL!! He looked like Justin Bieber or like he was singing in 50s duop group or something. He earned the right.

22. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    What Cambeel said was great about players going hard at practice with each other and then realizing that these guys who I am scrapping with are now on my side and we're going after them together. (paraphrasing), Good stuff.

23. its about time we have had a coach put a competitive product on the field. its a good week for dolphin nation

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

24. Tin Indian

Tin Indian Rockin' The Bottom End Club Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Palm Bay Florida
    Wait guys. Something about that locker room speech really confused me. I mean, how can you give a speech without index cards? Where were the index cards!

Campbell still has much to learn.

25. CRAZYFACE

CRAZYFACE Active Member

Sep 13, 2011
    England
    Philbin was never gonna be the man for the job. Great to see the Dolphins win well at last. I've not seen the game but you make it sound great. I've also noticed the forums gone very quiet. Are we all still recovering from a well deserved hangover and shock? :lol:

26. Itsdahumidity

Itsdahumidity X gonna take it from ya

Dec 10, 2007
    Campbell looks like a true leader.

fixed.

Just sign the checks, shadup and get the @#$% outta the way ross. The NFL felt philbin was not HC material but you thought otherwise.

Kud_II and Finster like this.
  27. VanDolPhan

VanDolPhan Club member Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Hamilton, Ontario Canada
    Amazing how 2 of the biggest blowouts this team has had in 4 years have come with Philbin not in charge.

Kud_II and Tone_E like this.
  28. Kud_II

Kud_II Realist Division

Oct 15, 2011
    Seneca, SC
    Been waiting for this.

29. Kud_II

Kud_II Realist Division

Oct 15, 2011
    Seneca, SC
    Have to admit I was a little annoyed when he was the first person on my screen.

He says "Shows you what a little and intensity and emotion does in football." No Steve, it shows YOU.

Your nice guy Coach Queasy couldn't get the job done, and you learned something Ross. But like a typical billionaire he exempts himself from blame.

Campbell's speech cheered me up though. Like Itsdahumidity said though, don't need your old *** in the locker-room.

Itsdahumidity likes this.