1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logan Ryan still on the radar?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Finatik, May 13, 2020.

1. Finatik

Finatik Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    From PFT:

Logan Ryan won’t return to Tennessee, and by all accounts, the Jets are favored to land him. But the Dolphins “remain in play” for the cornerback, Mike Garafolo of NFL Media reports.

Ryan and the Dolphins have had recent talks despite their riches at cornerback. Ryan, 29, wants close to the $9.5 million he made last season for 2020, which may be unrealistic at this point in free agency.

He is No. 3 on PFT’s list of the top available free agents.

The Dolphins extended Xavien Howard‘s contract paying him $15 million a season and paid Byron Jones $16.5 million a season in free agency. They are the second- and third-highest paid corners in average salary. They also drafted Noah Igbinoghene in the first round.

The Jets have a bigger need than the Dolphins with Pierre Desir, Quincy Wilson, Bryce Hall, Brian Poole and Arthur Maulet as their top options. But the Dolphins have Brian Flores, who was on staff in New England when Ryan played there.

2. Silverphin

Silverphin Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Unless Logan Ryan is down with being a Dime Back, I doubt landing him would be feasible.

3. The_Dark_Knight

The_Dark_Knight Defender of the Truth

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    I’d have to look at the film, but overall, I wasn’t too terribly impressed with a Tennessee’s defense this past season. Could be the overall defensive scheme, the opposing teams or the individual talents but it seems to me Tennessee was weak defensively. As a result , I’d be a bit leery about jumping up and down for any if their defensive players.

4. mlb1399

mlb1399 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2010
    If he’s willing to play on the cheap and Flores thinks he can coach him up, why wouldn’t you. If he’s expensive, pass. We already have a lot invested there.