1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lombardi predicts Fins Earn WC Spot

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by late again, Nov 5, 2008.

1. late again

late again Senior Member

Nov 24, 2007
    PhinsRock, Fin Fan In Cali and anlgp like this.
  2. TheAnswer385

TheAnswer385 Stay Low Run Free

Jan 7, 2008
    PA
    he was on nfl network and said we would win the division.

3. late again

late again Senior Member

Nov 24, 2007
    Hey I like that even better.
    So...if the Fins make the playoffs and the Jets are left out in the cold I wonder if Mangini gets the axe (and if Favre) re-retires.

cnc66 and TheAnswer385 like this.
  4. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    I think he's sleeping with one of the cheerleaders.
    he has to.

5. Brown42000

Brown42000 Chillin

Nov 24, 2007
    RI
    Yes and yes

anlgp, cnc66 and late again like this.
  6. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

[FONT=&quot]5. Denver wide receiver Brandon Marshall is a good person. He may do some dumb things off the field, but deep down he is a good person. And he is frustrated with the situation in Denver right now with the Broncos’ inconsistent play on both sides of the ball.

Gee, is this a back-handed shot at Joey ?? Is he saying it's ok for Marshall to mouth off after a beat down and not show some professionalism ?? Joey is Joey..everyone knows he's a mouthy, arrogant bully (at least verbally) who's game is predicated on getting into the head of his opponents. I don't care for that kind of crap personally, but it's Joey and when you have him on your team, you're going to get that kind of crap...but is Lombardi actually letting Marshall off the hook on this ?? And more importantly is he dumping this on Joey by doing so ??
    [/FONT]

7. The Aqua Crush

The Aqua Crush New Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    Well its interesting how perceptions change after a couple bills losses. Nice props to belivieve in Miami, and i hope they do, i just think this div. is still wide open you could make a strong case for any team to win it. Time will tell

Agua likes this.
  8. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Love Lombardi's articles. He gives great advice as well. :up:

I would think that Mangini would be gone but Tanabeum (sp?) has said that Mangini's job is safe. In reference to Favre, I don't think he will retire but I think that he could end up leaving the Jets. His contract states that he has a players option after each year of the contract and that if he was to opt out of his deal, he wouldn't have to repay the Jets any salary. We all know about Favre's desire to be a Viking so I would keep an eye on that in the off-season, of course assuming the Jets were to miss the playoffs.

9. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    I predicted that before the first game of the season and stick by it.

10. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

Mangini will be toast, and should be with the spending they did for him and not to produce even the playoffs, he's a farce IMHO and doesn't deserve to be a HC in this league. JMHO.

Favre will do what is best for Favre, screw the team, the NFl, anybody he wants, he only cares about favre. When he goes into the HOF someday it will be the most shallow entry in my lifetime, deserved no doubt, but I have slowly grown in the last few years from being a huge fan of his, to really not liking who he has turned out to show himself to be.

If he had really cared about ANYBODY but himself, especially including the Packers, he would have never retired, or he would have been fair to the Packers and not put them in the position he did, I think they deserved better than they got from favre, screwed. He is a first ballot HOF'er no question, but IMHO has become so incredibly shallow and selfish that I will not even clap for him when he is (deservedly) inducted.

11. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Post Hard, Post Often Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    I think what hes saying is that while what Marshall did may be unprofessional, he is still a good person. Just like Joey talking a lot of cheddar may not necessarily make him a bad person. (I dont know him personally, so I won't judge)