1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lombardi's Thoughts on HOU/MIA Game

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by alen1, Oct 11, 2008.

1. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    The National Football Post | National Football Post Tavern Talk

I can't argue with anything he says here. The Texans pass defense struggles badly because of the loss of Dunta Robinson to the PuP list in training camp I believe. I think they're allowing nearly eight yards per pass and QB's have a rating of over 100 as Lombardi says. As mentioned before, the defense in the fourth quarter is tremendous as we have not allowed a single point in it. I think a big key is our ability to milk the clock with the win. We saw in the SD game, the offense killed the clock with a couple long drives over 60 yards I believe including one inside our own five. Another positive is the turnover differential from last year to this year. A simply incredible turnaround in that part of the game.

I thought that the Texans lack of physicality is a good point made by Lombardi. One player that should rub off some toughness off his teammates is the Quarterback and that's not what Schaub has done. Schaub has taken hits from the sacks but he's not a real leader and that's what could hinder his development into becoming a better Quarterback in this league. With Sage Rosenfels in there, the huddle is different and the team responds much better imo.

Brown42000 likes this.