Long signs with the Rams per ProFootballTalk

264 replies

pacadermng67pacadermng67New Member
Mar 18, 2013, 12:39 AM

Another disappointing dolphin jersey I cant wear anymore...

Tonight, I am riding
As long as I am riding I know that I am alive
As long as I, keep on riding
I know that someday I will finally find my way back home
Until them I roam

MAFishFanMAFishFanForum Veteran
Mar 18, 2013, 12:39 AM

I wonder if it came to years, not money? 5 year deal for a guy who's been hurt 2 years in a row?

on Twitter @mpark14news

HellionHellionSupporter
Mar 18, 2013, 12:40 AM

Its on breaking news on NFL.com now.

http://www.nfl.com/

Phins_Fan_87Phins_Fan_87Supporter
Mar 18, 2013, 12:40 AM

be lying if i said i wasn't disappointed. vollmer and winston will probably move quickly now. going to need one of them.

LudacrisLudacrisSupporter
Mar 18, 2013, 12:40 AM

"slickj101 wrote:

I can't believe you think that's why he didn't sign him.

Well....unless he didn't check out medically at 100% I guess

slickj101slickj101Forum Veteran
Mar 18, 2013, 12:41 AM

"MAFishFan wrote:

check that:

Ben Volin ‏@BenVolinPBP RT @JasonColeYahoo: LT Jake Long agrees to five-year deal with St. Louis. Max value of $45 mill with incentives. All I have right now

45?

Silence

It's ******* Golden.

slickj101slickj101Forum Veteran
Mar 18, 2013, 12:41 AM

"Ludacris wrote:

Well....unless he didn't check out medically at 100% I guess

Or we think there's no way he's worth that much, which would have my vote.

Silence

It's ******* Golden.

Phins_Fan_87Phins_Fan_87Supporter
Mar 18, 2013, 12:41 AM

5/45 wow!

enjoy the money jake.

we will enjoy winning :D

DPlus47DPlus47Supporter
Mar 18, 2013, 12:42 AM

Jeff Fisher must be the best b.s. artist who ever lived. 6 winning records in 17 full seasons as a coach, yet he's still thought of as one of the best in the business and he always seems to get people he goes after. I don't get it.

Also, this feels a lot worse than if he had just signed with them on the first day. A LOT worse.

Not So FastNot So FastForum Veteran
Mar 18, 2013, 12:43 AM

Draft Lane Johnson now.

Phins_Fan_87Phins_Fan_87Supporter
Mar 18, 2013, 12:44 AM

We need to sign someone, anyone tomorrow to make me forget about this

sports24/7sports24/7Supporter
Mar 18, 2013, 12:47 AM

"Not So Fast wrote:

Draft Lane Johnson now.

Unless they move up that probably isn't going to happen. The top 3 tackles will all most likely be top 10 picks. And the Chargers at 11 could use a tackle too.

Follow me on twitter. Or don't @Adam_Vaccaro

LLLloyd HeilbrunnSupporter
Mar 18, 2013, 12:47 AM

Damn it!:sad:

Can't believe we can't out recruit the Rams.

Reports are 8 or 9 mil per, unless the guaranteed $$$ was really skewed, we should have matched that.

Phins_Fan_87Phins_Fan_87Supporter
Mar 18, 2013, 12:49 AM

Thanks tuna

MexphinMexphinForum Veteran
Mar 18, 2013, 12:53 AM

"MAFishFan wrote:

check that:

Ben Volin ‏@BenVolinPBP RT @JasonColeYahoo: LT Jake Long agrees to five-year deal with St. Louis. Max value of $45 mill with incentives. All I have right now

Corection from Ben Volin
Ben Volin ‏@BenVolinPBP
RT @JasonColeYahoo: Ok, first source says it's actually 4-yr, $36 mill. Sorry for initial mistake.

Sethdaddy8Sethdaddy8Forum Veteran
Mar 18, 2013, 12:56 AM

9 million a year to get bulled back into the qb, beaten around the corner, and not finish the season? Enjoy St.Louie. He's a shadow of his former self, and there is zero chance he see's the end of that contract. Moving on with our off-season...

SumlitSumlitNew Member
Mar 18, 2013, 12:59 AM

That's too much for Jake sorry. I do not trust his health enough for 9M per season. I hope he stays healthy, but i doubt it.

rtamigortamigoNew Member
Mar 18, 2013, 01:01 AM

Good. Take your broken down, overpaid a$$ who never met an aging speed rusher he could stop, out of here.

Jonathon Martin. Please report to the weight room now.

Phins_Fan_87Phins_Fan_87Supporter
Mar 18, 2013, 01:03 AM

darlington

Whether you blame Dolphins or Long, the fact is, a No. 1 overall pick didn't stay beyond his first contract. That's a failed acquisition.

slickj101slickj101Forum Veteran
Mar 18, 2013, 01:05 AM

"Phins_Fan_87 wrote:

darlington

lol But if we'd of overpaid for him like STL did it wouldn't be? If you say so, darlington.

Silence

It's ******* Golden.

Phins_Fan_87Phins_Fan_87Supporter
Mar 18, 2013, 01:08 AM

Get grimes and either winston or vollmer tomorrow.

ANAnonymousSupporter
Mar 18, 2013, 01:08 AM

I don't think it's a failed pick because of his injury. You don't see that coming. It was the wrong pick, though. Should have been Ryan.

TrowaTrowaNew Member
Mar 18, 2013, 01:09 AM

Andre Smith time. Roll Tide!

sports24/7sports24/7Supporter
Mar 18, 2013, 01:12 AM

"Trowa wrote:

Andre Smith time. Roll Tide!

Don't see him as a fit in the ZBS.

Follow me on twitter. Or don't @Adam_Vaccaro

LudacrisLudacrisSupporter
Mar 18, 2013, 01:13 AM

"slickj101 wrote:

Or we think there's no way he's worth that much, which would have my vote.

Well no...the injuries would have caught up to him.