Longtime good guy isn't about to go bad

1 reply

ATVZ400ATVZ400New MemberOP
Jun 2, 2008, 07:13 AM

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/sfl-flsphyde02sbjun02,0,1197351.column

Get off Jason Taylor's back.

People wanted him to clear some air about this standoff with the Dolphins? Well, he took the high road in 30 minutes of conversation Sunday.

People wanted him to discuss his football future? Well, he said he will play one more year and "would love to be a Dolphin and win games and have it work out for everybody. That may not be the case."

People actually expected him to pound his fists on the table and publicly demand a trade in an attempt to bring some resolution to his future?

link
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/sfl-flsphyde02sbjun02,0,1197351.column

good read

phinpheverphinpheverNew Member
Jun 2, 2008, 08:50 AM

Frankly, at this point I realy don't care anymore. I would rather talk about players who want to play for the dolphins. Who want to be here. While I understand his desire for a ring, he needs to play or retire and decide now, not at the start of training camp.
Of course now he says he will play another year. I don't care how much of a vet he is he needs to be in camp when it starts to make sure he knows the system being installed. It is not as simple as he tried to make it sound with his crap he was trying to peddle "I know how to get into a 3 point stance." It's more than that JT, or do you think we are just a bunch of nimrods. Is that all football is? Just anticpating the snap count and just rush all out.
If this guy would put in half the effort Zach did with the mental preperation for the game he would not dissapear like he does some times in games. Not that I don't think he is a great player, he is. My question is were did the losing, quitter attitude come from. Why did the defence tank in all those games. JT was one of the leaders of the defence. Was the team reading off him, a losing spirit. Did his desire to win the big one, but not being able to with the dolphins sour him and did that attitude contibute to the defence giving up in games that we were competitive. One in particular is that jets game monday night disaster.
I have had a sneaking suspision about JT for a while I think he stayed longer on the dolphins than he wanted and he regrets it. But now it's to late he knows his value is gone and is resigned to play one more year and retire. If he wanted to go to a comtender he should have, no one forced him to play for the dolphins. He being on the inside he should have known the state of this team. Most of us knew this team has sucked for that at least the last 5-6 yearsor longer. After the wanny experiment failed he should have bolted but he didn't so to bad.

Ronald Reagan:
"The nine most terrifying words in the English
language are, 'I'm from the government and
I'm here to help.' "