Look who just got a one year deal with the Eagles!
6 replies
Watch out Bradford, Sanchez and Barkley - he'll be praying for ya!
I guess now will be the time to prove that all those workouts were worth it and the alleged improvement is real.
Kudos to Tim for not giving up on his dream, he's one step closer!
ESPN wrote:
The Philadelphia Eagles added another to their collection of statistically-struggling quarterbacks with the addition of Tim Tebow on Sunday.If signed, Tebow would join Mark Sanchez and Sam Bradford among the team’s signal-callers.
The three each rank in the bottom five in Total QBR among those who started at least 30 games over the last five seasons. Tebow ranks lowest with a 33.4 Total QBR. Sanchez is fourth-worst (40.4) and Bradford ranks fifth from the bottom (40.7).
Tebow’s completion percentage (48 percent) ranks the lowest in the NFL over the last 10 seasons.
All three quarterbacks tend to overthrow or underthrow their passes quite a bit.Tim Tebow
33.4
Geno Smith
35.7
Chad Henne
36.9
Mark Sanchez
40.4
Sam Bradford
40.7
* Minimum 30 games as QB
Sanchez was off-target (over or underthrown) on a higher percentage of passes than any other qualified quarterback in the NFL over the last five seasons (22 percent), but that's only because Tim Tebow (30 percent overthrow rate) didn't rank in the top 30 in the NFL in pass attempts over that span.
The one notable thing that Tebow has going for him is that his last playoff win came in 2011. That’s more recent than any quarterback on the Eagles roster and three years after the Eagles’ most recent playoff win.
So why did the Eagles sign him?Tebow could become a zone-read specialist.The Eagles have utilized the zone-read option a league-high 514 times the last two seasons, 235 times more than the next closest team (Seahawks).
In his NFL career, Tim Tebow has kept on 41 zone-read options for 256 yards. The only Eagles quarterback currently on the roster with any experience keeping on a zone read is Mark Sanchez, who did so six times for 38 yards last season.
Overall, Tebow has rushed for 989 yards in his career. Sanchez, Bradford andMatt Barkley have combined to rush for 671 yards in their careers.
Something else worth keeping in mind:
The NFL is still considering adjusting the extra point conversion at this May's owners meetings. Among the suggested proposals, the league could eliminate extra points altogether (forcing teams to go for a two-point conversion).
During his career, Tebow rushed the ball four times with his team at the one or two yard line. He scored on all four carries.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMK9FKMG3Nc
"Although we are capable of great acts of kindness, history teaches us that we sometimes need saving from ourselves – from our recklessness or our greed. God sent into the world a unique person – neither a philosopher nor a general, important though they are, but a Saviour, with the power to forgive... It is my prayer that on this Christmas day we might all find room in our lives for the message of the angels and for the love of God through Christ our Lord." (Christmas message, 2011)
WTF....
This guy CANNOT play, and yet people keep giving him chances. I just don't get it and never have. If not for the media hype, he's nothing, and yet the circus won't die.
"Unlucky 13 wrote:
WTF....
This guy CANNOT play, and yet people keep giving him chances. I just don't get it and never have. If not for the media hype, he's nothing, and yet the circus won't die.
I'm certainly not a Tim Tebow fan, not even in college. However, didn't he spend a significant amount of time training with that "World Renowned" guy that Tom Brady trained with? I'd like to see him in preseason before I judge.

"Unlucky 13 wrote:
WTF....
This guy CANNOT play, and yet people keep giving him chances. I just don't get it and never have. If not for the media hype, he's nothing, and yet the circus won't die.
I'm pretty sure I read that he is statistically the best short yardage runner in NFL history. He is a bad passer, but I think he brings some value to teams.
“Come on, shake your body baby, do that conga!”
Probably a better kicker than Sturgis too.
Headcoach material wouldn’t want to work somewhere they’re not trusted with actual football decisions.
"Stringer Bell wrote:
I'm pretty sure I read that he is statistically the best short yardage runner in NFL history. He is a bad passer, but I think he brings some value to teams.
Thats kinda like saying a WR is really slow and can't catch, but that he's a good blocker.
Wish someone would just make the guy a running back.
Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
