1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking beyond the looking glass - Prospects of the future.

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by BuckeyeKing, Dec 2, 2009.

1. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    This is topic is about suggesting names that will be household names by the time their juniors or seniors. Figure it will be a fun topic down the road.

From Ohio St some guys to keep an eye on are as follows. I'm using Ohio St because I watch all their games :lol: and follow the news that goes around the football team.

Brian Rolle MLB

Entienne Sabino OLB

Dane Sanzenbacher WR

Rolle was making quite a name for himself but kinda went invisble towards the end of the year. He is instinctive and quick should be fun to watch next year though.

Sabino his time comes next season. A rumor of his transfer is going around I hope its not true because he is a big hitter and has quite the speed.

Sazenbacher reminds me alot of Wes Welker. Nice slot guy and is a very good security blanket to a QB.

Just a few names to consider for next year. interested what other people say. I hope some guys like CK, Boomer, Alen, and My 2 cents. I know I'm missing other guys but thats all I could think of at the top of my head.

2. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Greg Reid - DB - FSU - Very small DB but he's a play maker. He gets his hands on the football defensively, making some big time plays, and he's returned a couple punts for touchdowns IIRC. He's only a Freshman but we'll see where he is later. At the moment, he's a real pain in the *** and you have to know where he's on the field pre-snap IMO. If you don't, you might be in some trouble.

Jacory Harris - QB - Miami - I think just about everyone knows about him in the nation by now. Looks to have a bit of an elongated delivery but he's a very smooth passer with quality accuracy down the field. He's got ice running through his veins and will develop further under Whipple. His first year in the offense he's had success but I think a lot of it has to do with the talent at the receiver position as well as the simplistic offense put together by Whipple. His reads have been simplified to basically reading the open wide receiver and a lot of the time, he's had one because of the various crossing routes that Whipple has used. Next year should be interesting, as I imagine Whipple will open up the playbook more and ask Harris to do more things, which should tell us how good of a prospect he truly is.

Leonard Hankerson - WR - Miami - I'm not trying to be a homer here nor am I biased but I felt it was necessary despite him being a Junior already. He's become the go to guy for Harris and he's come up big, making big time catches to extend drives and help win games. His hands have improved a great amount through off-season work and I know that he's strongly considering entering the 2010 NFL Draft. Eventually, I think he'll decide to stay, however.

Andrew Luck - QB - Stanford - Wow. One helluva quarterback for the 2011, 2012 or 2013 Draft. Good arm, smart, mobile, does well throwing on roll outs and has good accuracy. Big quarterback as well. Love him.

Ryan Williams - RB - Virginia Tech - A quick, great vision plower that can also make you miss at the tailback spot. He's electric, has the long speed and has good strength in the lower body. I think he's a first rounder when he comes out. Not to mention he has eight touchdowns the last two games. Eight.

Trent Richardson - RB - Alabama - He's a man. When he squares his shoulders and starts running downhill, it's tough to take him down because of his strength. He runs hard and can pick up the extra yards necessary. He was a monster in high school and the top running back coming out IIRC.

Dion Lewis - RB - Pittsburgh - Household name already? Electric open field runner with good vision IMO.

There's also Jonathan Baldwin, Julio Jones and AJ Green. DeVier Posey has looked good as well as Michael Floyd.

BuckeyeKing likes this.
  3. RoninFin4

RoninFin4 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    One kid that's made somewhat of a name for himself as a senior and impressed me this year is Tennessee RB Montario Hardesty, even if he's not really nationally known, or at least until the OT run against Kentucky. Kid has a good build, runs hard, and reminds me a little bit of a poor man's Marion Barber.

4. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    agree. nothing really stands out with him other than he just runs correctly every play. He hits the right hole, makes the right move, accelerates nicely. You watch an entire game and there isnt really a ESPN highlight run but you look up and he's got 120 yds :lol:. I really like him and he could be a steal for someone

5. RoninFin4

RoninFin4 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    I know what you mean. I remember noticing him in the Tennessee vs. Florida game. He definitely doesn't have the breakaway speed of a Chris Johnson or Adrian Peterson, but he doesn't fumble, doesn't dance, and always seems to fall forward. Compared to guys like Cadillac Williams, Cedric Benson, or AP coming out, Hardest has relatively little tread worn off his tires.

If for some reason Brown isn't brought back due to a miracle CBA being in place or someone actually ponies up his RFA tender, it wouldn't shock me if this regime spent a 3rd or 4th round pick on Hardesty.

adamprez2003 likes this.
  6. adamprez2003

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    guys i will be watching

QB Jerrod Johnson - Texas A & M - The guy has really come on this year. Wasnt even on my radar at the beginning of the year. I want to see if he's for real and if he can improve even more

QB Ryan Mallett - Arkansas - Some like him some dont. Will be interesting to see how he grows in his junior year

RB Da' Rel Scott - Maryland - Caught my eye on a pretty bad team. Think he could have a good year if the team can get some added talent around him

RB Mark Ingram - Alabama - number 1 back next year

TE Weslye Saunders - South Carolina - Big boy. runs with an attitude. can carry defenders on his back for extra yards

TE Rob Gronkowski - Arizona - Really nice Tight End. Has a chance at being the number 1 TE drafted necxt year

WR Armon Binns = Illinois - Nice size receiver who will hopefully have someone better throwing to him

WR Julio Jones and AJ Greene should have the battle for number 1 receiver. This will be amazing to watch

On Defense I like

DE Robert Quinn, OLB Bruce Carter, DT Marvin Austin and OLB Zach Brown of North Carolina though some could come out this year

OLB Akeem Ayers UCLA will be the focus once Price leaves

FS Raheem Moore UCLA looks like a playmaker

SS Earl Thomas Texas and Ray Ray Armstrong. The interception machine and the missile

BuckeyeKing likes this.
  7. adamprez2003

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    even if we were to bring ronnie back i wouldnt mind drafting him. he seems like the kind of player our coaching staff covets