1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lou Polite the happy Ironhead

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by padre31, Aug 10, 2009.

1. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    http://www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphins/content/sports/epaper/2009/08/09/a1c_dolphins_0810.html

Lou Polite, to me, is our #3 Rb as well, he has the best potential to step in if Ronnie and/or Ricky went down, he also is money in short yardage situations simply because he is that powerful a runner.

A good blocking FB a Sam Gash or Lorenzo Neal, can virtually guarantee a 1,000 yd season for the starters and most teams rarely carry a FB now, when they do, the position is not really used very much.

2. Kanye West

Kanye West 'Parcells' Guy

Mar 23, 2008
    It seems like he has a ton of heart and I like the guy a lot. I hope we see a productive year out of him the season.

3. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    This guy was clutch for us on 3rd and 4th and shorts last year. I think he's a lock for the team this year, and I look forward to seeing him pounding out some key 3rd and 4th down conversions again this year.

4. Disnardo

Disnardo Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Hialeah, FL
    I agree with a lot on the article Padre...

The man was money for us last year...on 3rd or 4th and short..

5. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Well, Sparano has moved Lex Hilliard to FB to compete with Lousaka, but playing FB requires a specific set of skills, like blocking and power running and a Rb just doesn't wake up in the morning and decide to be a Fullback.

Put it this way, one of the Fb's jobs is personal protector for the Qb, the FB has to successfully block a OLB or DE who outweighs them by 40 pds or more, and has a running start, and they have to make that block each and everytime.

4th and 1? The whole defense is keyed on the FB, yet they have to get that single yard...

gafinfan likes this.
  6. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

I love this guy, he is money on 3rd or 4th and 1 yard. No way he doesn't make this squad IMHO. Although I would like to see what Hilliard can do, look forward to seeing what he does in preseason games.

No way I see Polite as #3 behind R&R though, not ahead of Cobbs, who has proven he is a serious player at RB and a solid receiver as well.

djphinfan likes this.
  7. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Cobbs has a bit of Sammy Morris in him PR, sure he could start at Rb, but he wouldn't shine, Polite could.

Apparently the reason for brining in competition is "better blocking in the hole"..which I doubt, but until we see Lou out front on a sweep with Ronnie or Ricky behind them, the Fb job should be open for competition.

PhinsRock likes this.