1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Love your family, as life is very short

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Fin Fan In Cali, Oct 23, 2008.

1. Fin Fan In Cali

Fin Fan In Cali Dolphin fan since 1970 Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    I say this because I have lost my mom early this year. I am the oldest of three boys. Our up bringing was rough, but we made it.:wink2: I recently talked to my dad on the phone, and he said my middle brother wrote him a very sad and rough letter blaming him for his lack of up bringing. I was sadden when my dad read the letter to me. I am playing peace keeper between the two, and I believe I got my dad to respond with his points being softened, so hopefully my middle brother while see it as time to make amends, and enjoy the rest of time we have together in life, as it is very short.:yes:

I wanted to post this just in case others maybe going through the same thing in there family. Please if you are be the bigger person, and drop the gloves, and love your family while you can. I am lucky I still have my dad, and I intend to go and visit him on the east coast as much as I can. It doesn't matter who is right or wrong, the point is that you love one another, and that is all the matters in life.:wink2: We all make mistakes as men and women, and we can't go back and change them, however we can learn from them, and try to make things in our life better.

2. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

While I appreciate your post and can understand the sentiment of peace keeper (I am often one, too) this:

as a comedian said - is untrue. life is the longest aspect of what we know.

Fin Fan In Cali likes this.
  3. Fin Fan In Cali

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    It could be, and it could not be bro. Things happen in life rather quickly, and you want to make your time count, as you never know what maybe around the corner. My mom passed away at 65, and yes I wish I could of spent more time with her. I don't want my brother looking back saying I wish I was closer to dad is his golden years.

Thanks for being the peace keeper brother.

4. anlgp

I agree that you never know what's around the corner and that things in life happen rather quickly but life taken as a whole is the longest thing we know. What lasts longer to you than your own life?

5. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    We know life goes on after we die (we see death every day and we are still here), so we know of a lot of things that go on longer than our life. We know the earth and life on it has been here for millions of years, we are just here for a fleeting moment.

6. anlgp

What's the gurantee that's all here once we're gone? We won't know after we're dead.

7. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    Have you ever gone to a funeral? Was the person dead? If the answer is yes, life goes on.

But that's enough of that, back to the theme of the post, hope all works out John!

Pagan and Fin Fan In Cali like this.
  8. Fin Fan In Cali

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    Thanks Brother!:wink2:

9. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    I know how ya feel John, and you're definitely right.

10. anlgp

I do hope all works out for you :)

11. dolphindebby

dolphindebby Season Ticket Holder Luxury Box

Nov 26, 2007
    GA
    My prayers are with you and your family John.
    You are one of the nicest, kindest, thought provoking people I know.
    Hang in there and know I'm here if you need a shoulder.
    Debby

Boik14 and Fin Fan In Cali like this.
  12. Pagan

Pagan Metal & a Mustang

Mar 22, 2008
    Newburgh, NY
    Hang in there bro...at least attempts are being made...

13. Fin Fan In Cali

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    Thanks brother.:wink2:

14. Fin Fan In Cali

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    Thanks bro.:wink2:

15. Fin Fan In Cali

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    Thanks Sister!:wink2:

16. Fin Fan In Cali

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    Thanks Brother!:wink2:

17. calphin

calphin deadly at 250 yards!!

Without family, life is meaningless. 20 years ago, I watched first hand how my mother in law was the glue that held her family together. Now, my wife tries to keep in touch with her family, but they have all gone their seperate ways. She has 3 brothers and 4 sisters, and talks to one brother and one sister on a regular basis. Bottom line is, family is what you have, and should not be taken for granted. There is only one who knows exactly how much time we have together, so we should live like there is no tomorrow, as there may not be!!

Boik14 and Fin Fan In Cali like this.
  18. Fin Fan In Cali

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    Well said brother!:hi5:

calphin likes this.
  19. anlgp

^ Yeah! That's the guy!

20. Fin Fan In Cali

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    You are entitled to your opinion brother. I am just very happy that I have lived my life to 44 so far.:wink2:

calphin and dolphindebby like this.
  21. calphin

calphin deadly at 250 yards!!

It goes by faster than you think. One day you're 20, and before you know it, you're 43. Live life while you can and enjoy every minute of it, because you may not be here to see tomorrow.

22. sking29

sking29 What it takes to be cool

Dec 9, 2007
    East Tennessee
    I hope all goes well for you FFIC and your family. In my own personal case their is one whole side of my family that I don't speak to or interact with. Honestly I can say I miss not having the relationships with them that I have with the other side of my family but for the family members themselves I don't care anything for them. Its sad to say and once again I hope everything goes well but sometimes things just reach a breaking point and can't be fixed. However, like you said life is short and I think you shouldn't let others bring you down but what you have to do is at least make every attempt to reconcile with people and I truly hope your father and brother do. :yes:

Also Aqua life is short, I notice that when I think about how just 8 years ago I had never experienced death in my family and in a flash I have lost all my grandparents, some uncles, and other family members. The sad thing is it all seems like a blur and its 8 years. I have to agree with what FFIC, Calphin, and the others are saying and that is to make sure to take time for those people in life that are important to you and not think of your self so much (a generalization not directed at anyone). Because honestly the people you love the most will be gone before you know it, so seize the time you have.

calphin and Fin Fan In Cali like this.
  23. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    amen brother. Hopefully it all works out for you, life is too short thats for sure. some good advise in this post for anyone with problems in their life with their family. I should pay more attention, my brother and i have never had the greatest relationship. we dont hate one another, we just... dont get along as well as we should. we do when we need to, but most of the time there just isnt much of a relationship there. Im sure it'll get better the older we get now, but hell, im 27 now, and he's 29... you think it would have by now. Like i said, we get along just fine when we need to, but the rest of the time its just... well... were just there. haha

anyhow, like i said, nice advice in that post, hope it all works out for you John.

24. Vengeful Odin

Vengeful Odin Norse Mod

Dec 2, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    I know how you feel bro, I lost my Mom about 5 years ago and it's been tough since. I'm in a similar situation trying to play peace maker between my younger sister and my Dad. Thanks for the words of encouragement and wisdom.

25. Fin Fan In Cali

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    Best of luck brother.:up:

Vengeful Odin likes this.
  26. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    John, I hope it all works out for ya. If you need a friend to talk to you know I got your back bro.

All this makes me feel bad I used to use my little sister as a tackling dummy when we were kids :lol:

27. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Griddles, Skeet, and Enforcefin?!?! :cry:

No. :no:

I won't believe it. They will be here for a while. :yes: