1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loving the win

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Finatik, Dec 6, 2020.

1. Finatik

Finatik Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    It doesn’t matter who you play in the NFL. Especially this year. Covid. Schedule changes. It’s. Weird season. Great win.

I have always loved a defensive team. Love the big play but if the D goes 3 and out and the O runs some plays, in the Miami heat, THIS is a good mix.

Coach must have ripped some *** at half time. Came out disciplined. excited about the upcoming schedule. You have to play US. It’s not what we’ve been a costumed to. We’ve been gun shy. And I’m not myopic. But just love the vibe this team has.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2020
    resnor, Irishman and djphinfan like this.
  2. cbrad

cbrad .

Dec 21, 2014
    First time we started 8-4 since 2003! Flores is the real deal folks.

This KC game is a good barometer of where we are. They're the standard in the NFL, and we'll find out where we stand against the best. KC is scoring 30.8 ppg and giving up 21.2 ppg. That should set some targets for offense and defense.

resnor and Irishman like this.
  3. AGuyNamedAlex

AGuyNamedAlex Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2015
    I honestly dont know how I feel about our team. I know you play who you're scheduled to play but we have feasted on a lot of cupcake games. Then to be fair though many probably considered us that game.

I expect the KC game to be a loss of something like 38 to 17

4. mlb1399

mlb1399 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2010
    At this point, I don’t care how the rest of this season turns out. Well not true, I do but let me explain myself. We’re already better than what my expectations were coming into year 2. Every win from here on out is bonus.

it’s been so much fun watching this defense get to the QB and force turnovers. We see rookies playing and contributing everywhere. FA’s are earning their contract. Tua had one of his better games. Gesicki played lights out. Our coach is so bada** that he charged across the field to stand up for his player.

Thinking about how good we are now, how young we are and that we only have another stockpile of picks coming gives us reason for a lot of optimism and hope.

We’ve watched these Dolphins have let down after let down, make mistake after mistake over the last 2 decades. And finally it feels like this was built the right way. So excited to be a Fin fan!

jdallen1222, resnor and Irishman like this.
  5. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    I completely agree...I'm very happy with anything between 9-12 wins this season due to the way this team has consistently showed up and played hard. So even if we have a few losses down the stretch, it won't change my opinion of what we're building for '21 and beyond. This is a legitimate playoff team.

With that said, the Raiders and the Pats are games we're supposed to win with this squad. And we should compete with the Bills and Chiefs. I honestly feel like we could win all 4 games and that's a great feeling to have in December.

I think the more important question is, "How many games do we have to win to stay in the playoff race?" My guess is two- I still think 10 wins locks one of the wildcard slots and it looks like the Bills should enter week 17 at 11-4. So we'd have to go 3-1 at a minimum to take the division with a week 17 win....maybe that's not realistic. But it's possible with this team anyway, it's possible.

All I can say is "Go 49ers!" I don't think they have a chance tonight but they're currently my favorite team for the next 24 hours, LOL.

mlb1399, resnor and Irishman like this.
  6. AGuyNamedAlex

AGuyNamedAlex Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2015
    I actually want to give a different perspective.

Maybe the act of winning and losing over the next four games isn't the end all be all, but there is a lot we still need to see going into this offseason.

If we came out and lost all four while Tua looked lost, we would have a lot more questions than answers going forward.

The reverse is also true. If we look competitive and Tua is progressing I think you can feel confident in next season even with losses.

That said...let's just win.

7. cbrad

cbrad .

Dec 21, 2014
    Just so everyone knows, the 49ers are favored by Vegas today, albeit only very slightly by 1 point.

After that, Bills play the Steelers, which may be as tough for them as KC is for us, then the Broncos, Patriots and Miami. On paper they have it slightly easier than we do, but not by much (just Broncos vs. Raiders game difference really). If things work out just right, it could be Dolphins vs. Bills for the division at season's end. All depends on whether this Dolphins team is like that of old or the one Flores is trying to build.

KeyFin likes this.
  8. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    Seriously, the 49ers are favored? I had no idea they were competitive this season! That's surprisingly good news that I wasn't expecting.

Yeah, the Steelers/Bills game is a great test of the AFC. I was just looking at the Steelers games and they've only blown out a few teams so far; most of their games have been pretty close overall and they've played a lot of weaker teams. I'm not trying to diminish what they've done by any means, but I have a feeling that they may not be as good as their record indicates. Would love them to lose today to Washington and then beat the Bills the following week.

Anyway, I had the Bills pegged losing one of the next three (to the Steelers)...it would be awesome if they lost two of those games and really opened the door for us to have a chance at the division. The only team that really scares me in the next 4 is the Chiefs, so if the Bills did lose tonight that takes some of the pressure off of us next week.