1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loyal Fans

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Pariah, Jan 7, 2011.

1. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Who's going to fix it though?

2. Pariah

Pariah Revolutionary

Nov 27, 2007
    Little Rhody
    Nope, this would be typing, not talking. :up:

3. Pariah

Pariah Revolutionary

Nov 27, 2007
    Little Rhody
    IF, and it is a big IF, we can get a well known and good OC in here, it will go a very long way in helping repair some of the damage done to the credibility of the team and get our offense on track including possibly attracting any free agents they might target.

4. mroz

mroz Fix the OL Club Member

Oct 26, 2008
    SF Bay Area

I will still root for the Fins... however, I will not spend a cent on the Fins as long as Tony is there.

5. mroz

mroz Fix the OL Club Member

Oct 26, 2008
    SF Bay Area

Well tell me who that might be? Jim Harbaugh maybe?

6. Pariah

Pariah Revolutionary

Nov 27, 2007
    Little Rhody
    That would actually be hilarious if the whole time Ross was trying to recruit him as an OC, and the media just got it wrong. Obviously far fetched, but it would be funny.

7. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    Carl Peterson.....:shifty:

jetssuck likes this.
  8. jetssuck

jetssuck I hear Mandich's voice...

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville
    A good DC fixed the defense because the fist pumper didn't have his hands in it...

A good OC won't make any difference because Sparano will still be driving for FG's and trying to win every game 13-10

Ricky'sBong likes this.
  9. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Turning 21 soon and I'd never considered taking up drinking up until this point. Good timing. Ugh.

jetssuck and finyank13 like this.
  10. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

To hell with this team. I'm with a winner now!

11. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

Lmao, you're just a little kid! Bwahahaha! I'm 19 in a few weeks.

12. Ricky'sBong

Ricky'sBong Reborn

Jan 5, 2011
    Vancouver, BC
    so when you realize the franchise you root for is incompetent, what should you do?

DolfanJake likes this.
  13. DolfanJake

DolfanJake Banned

Jan 15, 2010
    West Miami-Dade County
    You make sense brother, but some people just would rather stick their heads in the sand than look at the really unpleasant reality. They can't stand it and they would rather just ignore the facts.

I am more loyal than many who post here. I have seen well over 200 Dolphin games in person, as a season ticket holder from 1978-1988 in my own name, and before that with season tickets my parents 1st bought in 1968. I haven't been able to go to games in person since 1987 because of a panic disorder, but I still owned tickets until 1994 (I would sell them to friends at work or give them to family members). I have never EVER missed a Dolphins game even when I was hospitalized in 1990 with a life threating condition. I heard the whole game from beginning to end on the radio.

And to claim, just because I am critical of the teams actions the last few days, calling those like me disloyal is a misguided attempt to justify your blind loyalty. Blind loyalty gets you disasters usually, history is littered with them.

jetssuck likes this.
  14. DolfanTom

DolfanTom Livin' and Dyin' w/ Ryan!

Apr 26, 2008
    Saratoga Springs, NY
    That's just fine. You can't enjoy the sweet w/out first experiencing the sour. Makes the eventual sweet all the more enjoyable!

15. DolfanJake

DolfanJake Banned

Jan 15, 2010
    West Miami-Dade County
    My bet is on no name or good OC coming here. I think they may be forced to promote from within. David Lee could be the next OC.

16. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    I was saying that last night. David Lee is right in line for the job. Do people really think the Dolphins will look elsewhere. If you think we are searching for a name you are fooling yourselves. The whole situation is clown shoes.

17. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    understood & you're right on the money

Pariah likes this.
  18. DolfanTom

DolfanTom Livin' and Dyin' w/ Ryan!

Apr 26, 2008
    Saratoga Springs, NY
    I'll say this about any level of fan here today, either those saying "chill, we'll be OK soon" or those saying "Ahhhhh, the sky is falling AHHHHHHH," ... you're a big, loyal fan either way. Put it this way, people don't get mad about things they don't care about, even love!! For those that are mad - you're mad because you care so much it hurts!!

We're all loyal in one way or another, pat yourselves on the back today!

Pariah and jetssuck like this.
  19. Ricky'sBong

Ricky'sBong Reborn

Jan 5, 2011
    Vancouver, BC
    and what OC with a proven track record and sane mind would want to come here?

DolfanJake likes this.
  20. DolfanJake

DolfanJake Banned

Jan 15, 2010
    West Miami-Dade County
    I warned people more than a year ago, that weasel was going to worm his way into the team. Most believed Ross when he said that, no Carl Peterson will not be a part of the Dolphins. I think you can see now how much you can believe out of Ross. Peterson will be the final straw that kills this franchise. They ran him out of KC and in just two years they have a solid foundation and a real chance at finally have a dynasty. We are in for a long time of Dolphins misery. Until Ross is gone, or realizes his friend Peterson is killing us, expect more of the same you saw this year.

21. DolfanJake

DolfanJake Banned

Jan 15, 2010
    West Miami-Dade County
    Try telling the pie in the sky folks that, they will call you disloyal and tell you to go root for another team.

22. flynryan151

flynryan151 New Member

Oct 1, 2009
    Being can doesn't mean turning a blind eye! They did everything wrong this will bite them on the *** for years to come! Ross has made this team a circus from the red carpet to the front office!

23. Ricky'sBong

Ricky'sBong Reborn

Jan 5, 2011
    Vancouver, BC
    I dont even bother trying to reason with those types anymore. not worth the effort or frustration. the results on the field speak for themselves. some feel a sense of pride for rooting for their team no matter what, so be it. when i was much younger i was the same way. i prefer trying to look at my team objectively like i would any other team and their talent or lack thereof. im not the "rah rah" type even when im at a game, so perhaps its just my personality

24. Pariah

Pariah Revolutionary

Nov 27, 2007
    Little Rhody
    Why does it have to be so absolute? I understand the mistakes, I am pissed, I don't like it, I am not "sticking my head in the sand," and I am 34 years old and have rooted for many failed teams here and in other sports, I just choose to be more hopeful than pessimistic. Its a choice, but we can both be smart, and understand the problems, we just look at it differently.

And I have no problem with fans that want to be pessimistic, it's the pessimistic fans who rag on the optimistic fans and call them "blind" because they don't see the problems that I have issue with - because it is not true. Just because someone is hopeful doesn't mean they are ignorant.

I have seen a ton of "sky is falling threads" and then the dew optimistic ones scattered throughout, and it is funny that the optimistic ones get ridiculed for being optimistic. I guess society is breeding more cynics these days, but the last time I checked hope was a good thing.

25. HenneGivenSunday

HenneGivenSunday New Member

Aug 11, 2010
    I'll support the Fins through thick and thin, and next season, I'll still be rocking my Fins jerseys every sunday, still living on every down of every game. Nothing will ever change that.

However, I will admit, I'm very lucky I grew up a Red Sox fan... the upcoming baseball season should do wonders to ease the pain of this fiasco :P

Pariah likes this.
  26. Pariah

Pariah Revolutionary

Nov 27, 2007
    Little Rhody
    And I never called anyone "disloyal" I just responded to the bunch of posts that popped up about stopping their support for the team. Now maybe they were mostly just blowing off steam, so my post was just my way of blowing off steam in response to the reactions. And it was created to commend those who stayed hopeful and loyal no matter what, it was not intended to call anyone disloyal. If I intended to do so, I would have responded directly to posts and called out the poster.

To each his own, but that doesn't mean I can't give the hopeful and loyal fan some props. Hell if you are pessimistic and loyal you deserve props too, I just see much more pessimism than optimism so I wanted to throw thanks to the optimistic fan.

27. Pariah

Pariah Revolutionary

Nov 27, 2007
    Little Rhody
    But as Red Sox fans we went through our share of fiasco's and hardships to get to the success!

28. Pariah

Pariah Revolutionary

Nov 27, 2007
    Little Rhody
    I changed the title in light of those who thought I was implying others were "disloyal."

29. bamadolphin

bamadolphin New Member

Jan 5, 2011
    you can have no glory without some pain

Pariah likes this.
  30. HenneGivenSunday

HenneGivenSunday New Member

Aug 11, 2010
    Haha very true, very true

Pariah likes this.
  31. flynryan151

flynryan151 New Member

Oct 1, 2009
    The is always Smackdown or Raw! Or you can just follow me and my sources on Twitter?

Ricky'sBong likes this.