1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Luck says Willing to Learn from a vet QB will be positive

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by jpep13, Dec 10, 2011.

1. jpep13

jpep13 Coach Of The Year Club Member

Dec 2, 2007
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...ould-be-a-positive?module=HP11_headline_stack

Wherever Andrew Luck winds up in the NFL, the Stanford quarterback put to bed the notion that he's unwilling to coexist with an established veteran passer.

"I'm sure it would be a positive," Luck told The Baltimore Sun on Friday. "I'm sure it would all work out, whatever the situation is."

In an interview last week, Archie Manning hinted that his son, Peyton, and Luck would not want to play on the same team. One reason for that was Luck's ability to play right away, according to Archie. On the latter point, Luck seemed to agree.

2. PhinsRDbest

PhinsRDbest Transform and Transcend

Jan 5, 2010
    the next dimension
    Not buying it. He's saying all the right things now. But it will change once the Colts are guaranteed to have Manning back and starting. Then we'll see what Luck saying when he is looking at sitting the bench for the next few years.

GARDENHEAD likes this.
  3. RoninFin4

RoninFin4 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Luck is a master of saying the right things and being politically correct. With the way everything players say and do is over analyzed, what else is he really supposed to say? I think he'll end up starting under center from day one in Indianapolis or wherever else he might end up.

4. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    "Trade me to the Dolphins for a sixth round pick"?

PhinsRDbest likes this.
  5. PhinsRDbest

Jan 5, 2010
    the next dimension
    "Trade me to the Dolphins or I'll vote Nader"

6. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    The guy is on Robot mode, with a quick switch I think..

If I'am polian, I select Andrew Luck, he literally corrupted the game for this talent, and a 36 year old QB with a fused neck is his alibi..

Our only chance is that Luck will not want to come between them for fear of disrespecting Manning..Maybe he wants a team that is far away from that drama..That's all we can do, is hope, and be ready to pounce with the best offer.

7. PhinsRDbest

Jan 5, 2010
    the next dimension
    I say trade the house. Hell, trade Fergie and Serena.

8. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    If I were Ross, one of my single ladie minority owners including J-LO, would be on a little secret mission called cougar huntin.

Hear that Andrew, have your pick..

seriously, I would give it all up, just like I bet 25 or so teams are willing to do.