1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Machete

Discussion in 'TV, Music and Movies' started by ILPhinFan88, Aug 12, 2009.

Tags:
  1. ILPhinFan88

ILPhinFan88 Premium Member Luxury Box

It started as a joke, but one of the fake trailers from 2008's "Grindhouse" is becoming a real movie. Robert Rodriguez, the director of "Desperado," "Sin City" and the "Spy Kids" trilogy, has begun work on "Machete," which began as a preview that ran before his "Planet Terror" segment of the double-feature he made with Quentin Tarantino.

For the full-length movie, Rodriguez has assembled one of the most eclectic casts ever: Robert De Niro, Jessica Alba, Steven Seagal, Michelle Rodriguez, Don Johnson and Lindsay Lohan. They will join the stars of the original trailer: Danny Trejo, Jeff Fahey and Cheech Marin.
    In the movie, Machete (Trejo), a former Mexican Federales, is hired to assassinate a corrupt senator (De Niro). But then he is double-crossed and pursued by a government agent (Alba). Lohan plays a gun-wielding socialite who comes to Machete's aid, and Seagal plays a drug lord from his past. Filming has already begun in Austin, TX, and it will most likely hit theaters next year.

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/take5.html

2. opfinistic

opfinistic Braaaaains!

Dec 7, 2007
    Peeking in Nabo's Basement
    Nice! Now if we can just a real version of Simple Jack from Tropic Thunder made I will be a happy man.

Pagan, Cosmic and unluckyluciano like this.
  3. Silverphin

Silverphin Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    I don't know what to say about that.

4. Cosmic

Cosmic Social Disease

Dec 10, 2007
    Th-that would m-m-m-m-make me ha-happy.

unluckyluciano and opfinistic like this.
  5. Den54

Den54 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 23, 2007
    AMERICA!
    I I I will watch it tonight in my head movies.

unluckyluciano and opfinistic like this.
  6. opfinistic

opfinistic Braaaaains!

Dec 7, 2007
    Peeking in Nabo's Basement
    Just saw Tropic Thunder last night again, love the way he got beat up on stage when re-enacting the film. lol

7. TrueDolFan

TrueDolFan Minion of Satan

Jun 17, 2008
    Twin Cities, MN
    I just watched it again on HBO last night, too. One of the funniest movies in a long time.

"It smells like baloney for some reason."

As far as Machete, if it's half as good as Grindhouse, it's going to be AWESOME.

8. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    This already sounds very familiar to Once Upon A Time In Mexico.

And why the hell was Danny Trejo in that movie anyways? It was a sequel to Desperado, the movie he just died in.

I think De Niro made a mistake on this one.

9. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Danny Trejo rules.

Any dude that ugly who can still get as much work as he does is right in my book.

[​IMG]

10. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    best part is when they find out booty sweat is gay hands down. Oh and when the director gets blown up. And robert downey jr yells at him
    Kirk Lazarus: Yo *******! This motha' ****a's dead. Ain't no Chris Angel Mindfreak, David Blane trapdoor horse **** jumpin' off here!