1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Madden 10...am I crazy?

Discussion in 'Gaming Forum' started by TheMageGandalf, Aug 22, 2009.

Tags:
  1. TheMageGandalf

TheMageGandalf Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    FLORIDA
    So, I grabbed Madden from Gamestop USED (so screw you EA).

Now, I still need to update it since I havent played it on my main console but rather the used one I deem the 'crapbox' so if it breaks no big deal.

Anyway to the point(s)...

I know they messed with the speed of the game but for some reason even on 'very fast' it still feels different than NCAA.

WHY? Is it me? Is it the game? Am I going crazy?

Its hard to explain, I dont know if they made the animations different to the point that it affects the players movement or whatnot but it 'feels' different than NCAA and its wierd because NCAA even on the 360 always felt like 'home' in that it felt like the Maddens of old.

This new Madden feels different in a BAD way. Like a mix of Madden and Gameday and I HATED the way Gameday used to control.

Next, the animations are retar**d sometimes. Like for example when your return a kickoff with either Ginn or Bess, its like the way they carry the ball and run with it, looks comical as if the ball was too big for them. I dont know its just comical.

I am playing on All-Pro.

Is Pennington that BAD? I seriously CANNOT throw anything more than 10 yards without the ball doing a wierd arc, and sail, and get INtd. Its better with Henne but still doesnt feel right. I almost feel like I cant throw it to the WRs because if they get past 10 yards or so, you cant thread the needle as the ball, no matter how hard you press the button to throw a dart, sails and it gives the CB time to catch up and get picked. So I get stuck dumping it off and throwing to the TE all the time.

Also, is our OLINE THAT BAD? I cant get more than 1-2 seconds before our line lets someone through.

All in all, I am trying to like this game but its like the game itself is trying to make me hate it. What gives?

Am I going crazy here or is this game really that different than NCAA 08 or 10 and the old gen Maddens for that matter as far as the 'feel' of the way your players control (due to their animation tech or whatnot)?

What gives with the lack of being able to change your controller lay out?

This is so frusterating and I guess if it doesnt get better then I will use the 7 day return policy on used games and just return it.:sad::sad::sad::sad:

UCFinfan86 likes this.
  2. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    I haven't been having that many problems. Pennington can't throw the deep ball very well, but that is pretty realistic.

The only problem I have is with the pass rush... It's very tough to get to the QB...

I also strongly dislike the Fight for the Fumble minigame...

TheMageGandalf likes this.
  3. TheMageGandalf

Nov 25, 2007
    FLORIDA
    Well, I would understand if its deep like 25-30 yards but for me its like something thats 10-15 yards down field. Bro my WIFE can throw a ball better than this game is saying CP can throw a ball past 10 yards downfield.

All in all, I am just trying to see if I can get past the 'feel' of the game because I dont know what it is that makes this game feel so awkward and not in a good way but in a very, very bad way compared to NCAA. I'd like some input from those of you that have both and maybe I can figure out what the deal is and maybe fix it via sliders or get used to it but right now I cant put my finger on it.

The blitzing like you said is broken.

The CPU can blitz 5 guys in and will always take me out unless I just let it go as fast as possible and risk the INT.

But when I blitz Porter, Taylor and Crowder (me), we cant get to him before he rips us apart for a wide open WR in the slot for a ton of yards.

4. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    The blitzing is very hit or miss for me. I was able to sack Matt Ryan 5-6 times by only bringing 4 guys (Porter or JT + DL). However when I went up against Peyton Manning, he shredded me. Their slot WR had 200+ yards against me and I couldn't sack him or pressure him to save my life.

5. TheMageGandalf

Nov 25, 2007
    FLORIDA
    Well, what I am going to do is try and update this thing by bringing over the network adapter on the console I am playing it on and see if an update will fix whatever it is I am feeling awkward.

If not then its game over for Madden this year fr me...again :sad:

Oh well, after so many years of getting used to NCAA its not so bad for me.

6. unifiedtheory

unifiedtheory Sub Pending Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Burnaby, BC, Canada
    I have yet to recover a single fumble in 12 franchise games and 4 preseason games and I've forced at least one per game.

Penny's deep accuracy is hilariously bad, it's to the point where the "deep ball" is totally out of my offense, I use guys to run streaks just to clear out underneath. That said, his short accuracy is so good. I'm killing it with Bess running underneath stuff.

If you are having issues getting sacked you HAVE to stay in the pocket. If you stay there you'll be in decent shape.

The pass rush is hit or miss for me as well. Some games I'll get a bunch of sacks and some times I'll have serious issues. If I'm banging my head against a wall, not getting much pressure I switch to a zone scheme as the game goes on and blitz off of that, it works sometimes.