1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Madden 10 - Few Questions

Discussion in 'Gaming Forum' started by Tone_E, Aug 16, 2009.

1. Tone_E

Tone_E Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    I was wondering if anyone can help me.

1. Where can you go online to edit depth charts and substitutions. I have an account with www.easports.com and can't find any options. My login is paired with my PS3 name, so that isn't the problem.

2. How can I get P. White into the QB role of the wildcat?

Thanks.

2. Firesole

Firesole Season Ticket Holder

Mar 24, 2008
    when you go to choose the wildcat play, look at the options you have with the right stick. You have the option to sub QB, RB swap, WR swap, etc with the right stick (xbox at least)

Big E, siciliansith and Tone_E like this.
  3. Tone_E

Tone_E Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Thanks, that worked.

Cant seem to run with P. White on the Wildcat PA pass. You have to pass it. Anyone else notice this?

4. unifiedtheory

unifiedtheory Sub Pending Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Burnaby, BC, Canada
    EA limits the Wildcat big time. They had a chance to make it really cool but they kind of just threw it together. Typical EA though, cut those corners "we'll improve it next year".

The substitutions in franchise mode is annoying. Is it just me or is the only way to sub guys in for certain formations is during the game? Kind of makes it a panic move for me. Is there a way to do it not during a game? I've always like to have a few defenses with all backups and situational players so my starters can rest and it's a pain in the butt to try and get that done while the playclock is ticking.

5. siciliansith

siciliansith Resident Deviant

Nov 25, 2007
    Rochester NY
    I found my favorite wildcat play is the option with ronnie up middle then i pitch back to ricky its sic

6. siciliansith

siciliansith Resident Deviant

Nov 25, 2007
    Rochester NY
    why the hell they have j. allen as second corner lol i had to do a whole revamop lol

7. bg34

bg34 Junior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Virginia
    One question I have is do you have to use the accelerated clock when you play online? I think that is the dumbest feature of the game. I turned it off but then the games are unranked because of it.

8. unifiedtheory

Nov 24, 2007
    Burnaby, BC, Canada
    EA sports has never been known for their cutting edge knowledge of the game. Hell, they have our default defense as the 4-3.

EA needs to have a consultant from every single team come in and give input on every team. I mean even a casual Dolphins fan could tell you they run a 3-4.

siciliansith and Big E like this.
  9. bg34

bg34 Junior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Virginia
    Anyone having problems playing online? I use a wired connection and have gotten booted off ea server 4 straight times now. I'm still logged in to ps network though. Could it be my router even tho I don't lose internet connection on my computer sitting right beside me? VERY FRUSTRATING!

10. UCFinfan86

UCFinfan86 Season Ticket Holder

Mar 23, 2008
    so it doesn't seem like there is in season player progression either? i hope theres progression at the end of the season

11. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    There is. :up:

12. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    ...They run a default 3-4 for me, what game are you playing. :confused1:

Motion, Stitches and Firesole like this.
  13. unifiedtheory

Nov 24, 2007
    Burnaby, BC, Canada
    When I started my franchise (PS3) I just went right at it and in my first preseason game, on my first defensive snap I could not find 3-4 anywhere but there was a lot of 4-3 so I quit and went into the "coaching" area my defense was a 4-3. I was not imagining things. Maybe it's just a PS3 thing? I dunno, all I remember is saying "typical EA idiots".

14. GridIronKing34

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Weird... I've had nothing but a base 3-4 defense for them.

15. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    thats one of the new features that im actually impressed with. Each player has a letter grade for their potential. Vontae Davis is an A, Davone Bess is a B, etc etc. At the end of the season, depending on their letter grade, they will improve. Davis went from a 77 to an 82 for me in one year. after two years, bess was an 84 for me from a 76. Pretty cool stuff.

Course it works both ways. In 3 years, Akin Ayodele regressed from a 79 to a 66. The older they get, the worse they get.

GridIronKing34 and TheAnswer385 like this.
  16. GridIronKing34

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Cool. I've only made it halfway through my franchise season so I'm still curious how the offseason looks. I try to play pretty much all my games... Right now I'm 7-1, just losing to the Colts.. Is there anything that stands out in the offseason in your mind?

17. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

My PS3 also had the Phins as a 4-3 team.

18. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    Welll the progression stuff is the main addition. You have almost no wiggle room in negotiations. Players clearly want a set salary and you're either giving it to them or letting them walk. Franchise still needs more beefing up, but the fact that the progression doesn't completely suck like past years is enough to keep me playing. In my 4th year vontaes a 91, Bess is an 86, Ginn an 84, etc.

I can tell you as fin fans and as madden fans, Henne and White progress about the same no matter what you do. So eventually you have to choose between them down the line in your franchise. Creates an interesting decision for all of us.

Bpk likes this.
  19. unifiedtheory

Nov 24, 2007
    Burnaby, BC, Canada
    Don't do the new roster update! Since my PS3 packed it in and I can't retrieve my saved files for a week I thought I'd just restart my Madden franchise.

Well, the geniuses at EA with all their football wisdom have removed Donald Thomas from the game entirely. Good times. But hey, Brett Favre is in the game now! Surpriced they did not retroactively make him cover boy.

20. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

Don't see why they can't have queries written to update databases live based on actual daily/weekly reporting of NFL rosters.

I mean, PS3s and Xboxes force updates all the time, why not just always check the main EA Server database for updates and the main server should be forced to sync up with real NFL roster updates from NFL.com or something.

basically the staff at EA just don;t have the time to create ratings for ALL the players out there, I guess, is why some dudes are left out.

They better have an update before the season opener that gets all the starting lineups right. how hard is it to check 32 depth charts?

21. UCFinfan86

UCFinfan86 Season Ticket Holder

Mar 23, 2008
    Can a players potential grade go up or down? Or is sean smith with a B potential rating only going to get so high?

22. 2k5

2k5 I miss Ted Ginn Jr.

Nov 28, 2007
    Milwaukee, WI
    Ok, is there anyway to check how many timeouts I have left, I've gotten ****ed by that one too many times :angry:

23. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    3 little bars underneath the team name at the bottom of the screen

2k5 likes this.
  24. Motion

Motion New Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Thats strange, my PS3 version had 3-4.