1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Madden '10

Discussion in 'Gaming Forum' started by anlgp, Mar 9, 2009.

1. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

2. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University

Man they are slowing down the speed on bullet passes.....sucks for my style.

Looks like some nice changes though!

3. anlgp

Yeah I think anything that makes it more realistic is fine by me. If I have to change my style of play so be it.

Though the franchise mode kinda sucks after a while (okay, period) I still enjoy doing it because I like scouting and drafting guys and watching them be good or bomb out. Someone mentioned in the comments that they need more player progression and "hidden gems" throughout the fantasy draft.

If they did what they are doing now and did that it would make me a happy man.

4. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    yeah, this blog is good. i posted a comment with my own personal wishlist a few feeks ago.

i like the new blended animations. i might like the new attribute scales. i think i'll like the new qb accuracy system. i think defense will be much tougher next year.

5. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    after reading this most recent post, i think they are on the right track. they are addressing (or at least pretending to address) the main complaints of madden gamers.

the one thing they need to fix more than anything is the online disconnect glitches. there should be absolutely no way possible for anyone to force a disconnect on another player. also, with the way it is right now, if you quit or D/C its an automatic loss. but the other player is forced to finish the game vs the cpu to get the win. that is a waste of time and its not fun. if i own you in the first 2 minutes and get a 14-0 lead, i should get an automatic win if u quit. in fact, if they do change this, i'll be able to win 4 games in an hour instead of one.

6. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    I really like what I am hearing.

7. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    Screw madden. I jumped ship this year. I used to defend it for so long but in the last two years, NCAA has just been better. I will buy NCAA. Madden has a lot of work to make a believer out of me.

8. byroan

byroan Giggity Staff Member Administrator Luxury Box

Nov 25, 2007
    NC
    I'm glad the game will be back on the PC. I'm still playing Madden 08'. I think I'm in year 25 of my franchise.

SICK likes this.
  9. Stitches

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Only the last two years?

And FWIW I find that Madden quality goes up when you import draft classes.

10. TheHighExhaulted

TheHighExhaulted Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2008
    You'll be seeing plenty of guys with 1000-0 records then. All they need is a buddy who also has no life, create multiple profiles. And, just quit out of games all night.

11. TheHighExhaulted

TheHighExhaulted Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2008
    Oh, and next-gen really ****ed up Madden. Madden 03-05 were the zenith of Madden football.

12. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    It's really sad that it took them this long to actually factor accurate representation of the players into the series. The explanation of bullet passes in '09 is just absurd. '09 was a my first Madden, and man, what a terrible introduction.

Here's hoping they did something about the interface. I never figured out how to implement player substitutions and rotations.

Big E likes this.
  13. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    then put a limit into how many ranked games you can play vs the same person in a certain time period. dont punish the winners by forcing them to play against the CPU.

agreed. those were the ones that got me hooked. 04 online for PS2 was heaven. Although, how realistic was it that u could run 100 yards backwards with Mike Vick on a 2 point conversion and then turn around and run all the way back to the goal. 09 is the first next gen that ive bought. its fun to play, but damn its easy to exploit.

14. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    Well i used to believe madden was better, back in the xbox/ps2 days. When it made the jump to next gen it lost me.

It WOULD be much better if the draft order for imported drafts ever made any sense, and the progression wasn't completely broken. Most players never get better no matter how well their stats are. It's so incredibly frustrating when all you want to do is play franchise mode, get your players to rise in progression, trade them, and repeat. It was awesome in 2004, when your players got better from year to year, but now most the players stay stagnant in the 70s.

15. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    Every year I say I'm not going to buy Madden and every year I still buy the latest reincarnation. Mostly because it's the only thing around unfortunately.

Ironically, they occurred when 2k was still in the game.

16. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    I read these every year. Until they get the franchise mode to be as much fun as it was on the ps2/xbox, I am going to be disappointed

CitizenSnips likes this.
  17. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    exactly

18. Stitches

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    ???

I played like 8 years of franchise in '09, and there was always player progression, even on imported players from NCAA.

19. Ducken

Ducken Luxury Box Luxury Box

Nov 25, 2007
    Lower Delaware
    I wish I lived near some of you guys that know how to play so you could sit down with me one afternoon and show me. I just can not get what I am suppose to do with this game, or any sports game. I see them and think man that would be so much fun to play, I know it will be a waste of money to buy it.

20. arsenal

arsenal Sunglasses and advil

Nov 26, 2007
    Commack, NY
    wow good stuff and good info there... all i want out of madden is realistic gameplay, that DOES make it fun for me... i love the intricacies of football and being able to actually see it/play it out is what i want... when you set up a great play and some dumb glitch causes some linebacker to speed up and jump 10 feet to knock the ball down its annoying...

im actually excited about this

21. sking29

sking29 What it takes to be cool

Dec 9, 2007
    East Tennessee
    Every year Madden is supposed to make changes that will bring the game quality up but it never happens. I'm not buying anything they say until it comes out and football fans like it because last year Madden 09 got generally good reviews (like the best next-gen Madden yet) and for me it was terrible. So EA I will believe when I see it.

TheMageGandalf and Ultra like this.
  22. mor911

mor911 pooping

Nov 25, 2007
    Austin, TX
    You're spot on friend :up:

Every year Madden gets great reviews... Then as the year goes on, the reviewers go back on their reviews and go back to the tell tale EA is milking the Madden cash cow song and dance. Mean while, the following year, they'll score the "new" version of madden an 8.5 - 9.0 and call it the best one yet.

Same crap every year.

sking29 likes this.
  23. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    Screw Madden. I'm so done buying into the hype that this year's game is going to be great, check out all the new changes we're making, blah blah blah. With no competition Madden has become a weak product. I got 09 as an Xmas gift. Didn't open it till just this last Saturday. Played it for 25 minutes before becoming completely bored.

FinSane and sking29 like this.
  24. sking29

Dec 9, 2007
    East Tennessee
    Agreed I rented Madden 09 for the PS3 and it was terrible. If I had paid $60 for it I would have kicked myself for months. If I want to play a Madden game I'll get an old-gen version because at least their game play is still fun.

25. Brown42000

Brown42000 Chillin

Nov 24, 2007
    RI
    This is from a poster named adembroski at a forum I visit, he has put all Madden 10 information into one post for easy viewing.

26. PeaTearGriffin

PeaTearGriffin Season Ticket Holder

Dec 8, 2007
    Does this really take a lot of time?

mor911 and sking29 like this.
  27. sking29

Dec 9, 2007
    East Tennessee
    Okay so it would take what 10 minutes to move the Pro Bowl from say February 11th to January 27th. All they have to do is add the game in between the Conference Championships and the Super Bowl; heck they could use the same code and just move it. :lol:

That seems like too much work for EA to bother with and it would be useful, so I would probably strike that hope off the list right now or maybe this is why they can't move back the Pro Bowl a week. :lol:

I can always count of EA for a good laugh.

Uncle Rico and mor911 like this.
  28. anlgp

Guys if you check the sides of that blog out there is much more information being presented.

GISH likes this.
  29. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    I just can't get excited about Madden anymore. My wife picked me up Madden last year and I think I've played it all of three hours. I wish she wouldn't have but I was too nice to say it. Maybe they'll figure out a way to make it better in the future, but with sales through the roof and no competition I'm not going to get my hopes up.

mor911 likes this.
  30. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    sounds good to me, sounds like some much needed changes.

31. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    indeed. there were like 3 or 4 blog posts before that one with better improvements.

32. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    what was it about 09 that made u not want to play it? was it the unrealistic coverage skills of linebackers? nothing quite better than seeing a LB swat away a ball thrown behind him, 10 yards above his head, and intended for a player 25 yards down field from where he was when the ball was thrown. I have never seen any linebacker in the NFL instantaneously leave his assignment to swat down a pass 15 miles from where he was standing.

McLovin likes this.
  33. FinSane

FinSane Cynical Dolphins Fan

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    basically, they fixed the FB dive.

man im so glad they fixed that, makes me want madden 10 for that reason alone!

/sarcasm

34. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    speaking of 09. i just played someone in a unranked super bowl rematch. i got the cards. He quit with 30 secs left in the game. Not sure why he didnt quit sooner, but it was funny to say the least.

Final Stats:
    Score: 93-7
    Kurt Warner: 37/42, 88%, 550 yards, 148.4 rating, 13 TDs, 1 int, 2 sacks, long 49
    Big Ben: 4/20, 20%, 62 yards, 0.4 rating, 0 TDs, 9 ints, 10 sacks, long 53
    Fitzgerald: 24 rec, 345 yards, 12 TDs
    Edge: 6 rec, 101 yards, 0 TDs
    Arizona Team defense: 10 sacks, 9 ints
    Roderick Hood: 8 ints
    Antonio Smith: 7 sacks

This guy was trying the whole time too. I smashed 7 NFL records and it was quite hilarious. I think he might have felt like he got hussled because I told him that madden was calling my plays.

Boik14 and McLovin like this.
  35. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    its pretty sad that theyve been doing this for 21 years and still have a list this long of stuff to fix this year. and this is only the tip of the iceberg.

things i want:

• online practice mode
    • old gen cb swat drill
    • automatic draft class importing from the net, instead of from NCAA.
    • throw superstar mode in the trash
    • coverage shading
    • disguised coverages
    • realistic physics during collisions
    • fix fumbles on incomplete passes - this one has been happening more and more. a player makes a catch, but gets the ball stripped away before his feet even hit the ground. how lame is that?
    • custom plays - offense and defense, custom playbooks, custom formations, custom plays, and custom routes.
    • stick juking - fast players should be able to stop on a dime and quickly accelerate in another direction. i havent returned one punt for a TD in madden 09. less animations and more realtime stick juking would be nice.

36. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    have u tried to stop it the way it is now? good luck stopping it without leaving the rest of the field wide open.

Stitches likes this.
  37. anlgp

I play the franchise mode. I hope they put effort into this and make it fantastic. I want gems in the sixth round and realistic player progressions up and down the board for all players on all teams.

I want more realistic gameplay overall.

The latter they seem to be working on hopefully they get rid of superstar mode and put more effort into other areas of the game.

38. Stitches

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Never gonna happen IMO.

39. Stitches

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    And I don't think Superstar mode is a bad idea, just that they need to do it differently.

40. FinSane

FinSane Cynical Dolphins Fan

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    it seems like thats all theyve done aside from minor tweaks and slightly improved graphics