Madden Help

Discussion in 'Gaming Forum' started by anlgp, Oct 8, 2008.

Tags:
  1. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

Okay. So i've got a PS2. I usually play on all-pro but when I turn on all madden I get rocked big time. The issue is I blow teams out on all pro and the game is getting boring.

What are some tips you guys can give me? I play as Miami (of course) and am several years into my franchise but wouldn't mind starting over. I have '08 (don't have money for 09) and have created all our draft picks with this guide:

http://sports.ign.com/madden09/dolphins.html

I love building through the drafts. last year I had some 5 second round picks and beefed up my team big time.

What positions are key to pick up in the drafts? Which are better FA pick ups?

I know most of you have PS3s and XBox360s and all that stuff but I don't have the money for those right now. I think the general consensus is the same.

Thanks.

PS.

My style of offense is usually vertical passing and PA passes mixed in with a little ground game to keep it going. My defense is pure pressure the QB and cause turnovers. I usually play a DT or DE (3-4) and try and disrupt the line. I've read it's better to play LBer, C or S because of the control you have, though. I play LBer on blitzes but that's about it. Also, I'm not going to switch defenses. I know the 4-3 is probably better in madden but I really love the 3-4.

2. #1 fan

#1 fan Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2007
    miami
    had the same problem. i started winning about 50% of my games by switching to a shorter passing game and playing the clock more. i went for more high percantage / low risk stuff. it takes discipline and practice.

also, i've never tried this, but i heard doing an online seach will give you tips / sliders that you can configure to get all-pro to be more of a challenge.

anlgp likes this.
  3. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

thanks for responding. I'd rather figure out tips on how to play on all madden. is this what you were referring to? I should have been clearer.

4. #1 fan

#1 fan Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2007
    miami
    my tips were the first half of the post. i didn't change personel, i just played "smarter" and more "realistic." it's one thing to win 50 to nothing on all pro, but i had to learn how to throw 7-10 yard routes and run the ball to win 21-17 on all-madden.

even still, i only won 50% of my games. but the game became a lot more fun and i was thinking about every down, situation, time left on clock, etc.

my buddy once told me, that he read online, that if you call more trips plays, you'll flood the defenese's zone and you'll be effective that way. never tried it. also, said to call slants a lot on blitzes if they're not zoning.

basically, i just learned to run more and throw down field only when a reciever might get free. i was always looking for the ten yard gain on pass attempts.

anlgp likes this.