1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Make Sean Smith, Nolan Carrol and Jimmy Wilson walk home from Indy

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by NyPhinfan, Nov 4, 2012.

1. NyPhinfan

NyPhinfan Season Ticket Holder

Dec 21, 2007
    Just a gut wrenching game. Never saw such a passive game from a secondary in a long,long time. No fire...no energy...no desire. Granted I was not thrilled with the defensive strategy but these 3 were awful...not fair...awful. Time to stop reading about how good you are and step up and be more consistent. I truly can't remember a worse 3rd down defensive game...the cushions given by our secondary bordered on the comical. What a wasted chance.

2. unifiedtheory

unifiedtheory Sub Pending Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Burnaby, BC, Canada
    Nolan was actually alright. Wilson got shredded but he is over matched as a slot corner anyway. Sean Smith was dreadful.

3. VanDolPhan

VanDolPhan Club member Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Hamilton, Ontario Canada
    Sean Smith, Wilson and Clemons got eaten alive. Jones/Carroll while not anywhere near the realm of good..were at least alright.

4. NyPhinfan

Dec 21, 2007
    I just could not believe the cushion they gave all day..plus the lack of tackling and ball skills...trying to still calm down after this one

5. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Luck is great..a lot of folks underestimated how good he's been this year...he's already elite..and he showed it today..

6. Muck

Muck Throwback Uniform Crusader Retired Administrator

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    I wouldn't say it was 'typical', but this was unfortunately a performance we've come to expect from Smith. For all his progress, he can have a great game and still give up a TD. He still doesn't consistently perform like the #1 he seeks to be paid as.

Today he gave up two TDs (he appeared to expect help on the first, the second was simply embarrassing, double coverage), a long completion (in double coverage), got smoked for what should have been another long TD (dropped), made mistakes on key third and longs and dropped an INT late that would have put Miami in FG range.

As it stands, he's not going to be worth what he'll get on the market because he just can't seem to put it all together.

- sent from my Android device via Tapatalk -

shouright and NyPhinfan like this.
  7. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    He is good but not as good as our defense made him look. The receivers were so open I think I could have completed at least 50% against them....

8. Jaj

Jaj Registered

Mar 23, 2008
    Los Angeles
    The reason these losses are so frustrating is that this team is right there. It needs a big play wide out and at least one or two CBs. If they had that, they would be THAT good. There is a small small margin between winning and losing. I'd compare this Miami team to a fantastic car that's just a little bit underpowered but is excellent in every other respect.

You drop a new engine in there and they'll do it.

9. WhiteIbanez

WhiteIbanez Megamediocremaniacal

Aug 10, 2012
    We were playing soft all day. Slot was open. Too much cushion everywhere. Hell Misi got caught in a bad situation. I wouldn't expect him to know how to turn his head around.
    Luck was able to slide around in the pocket. That was the rub with the D.

10. NyPhinfan

Dec 21, 2007
    I could not believe how open some of the Colt WRs were on 3rd and longs...even when we dropped 8 into coverage! You had then pinned down on the 5yd line on a 3rd and 11 in a tie game and let him catch the ball at the marker without even a play? Totally unacceptable