1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Making a Webpage, Input wanted

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by daphins, Jan 11, 2009.

1. daphins

daphins A-Style

Mar 22, 2008
    Hey All,

I've been kicking around an idea for a fantasy football website for a few years now, and it's finally coming to fruition. I've feel into some funds to kick it off and I'm meeting with a developer in a few weeks. Before i take my flow charts and site architecture to him I'm wondering if anyone of yo guys had any input into what is important to you in a Fantasy Sports website? I've been doing it for about 12 years and I know what's important to me and my crew and I'll incorporate those (plus some sweet features) but what do you guys need in a fantasy site?

Also:
    Would you consider changing fantasy sites?
    If not, why?
    What would it take to get you to switch?

If everything goes well the site will be in Beta next season. I'll of course make room for all interested thephins.com users.

Thanks!

2. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

What CMS sofware are they using?

daphins likes this.
  3. Kanye West

Kanye West 'Parcells' Guy

Mar 23, 2008
    Make it a site about me and my cool threads and my funny posts.

daphins likes this.
  4. Phinperor

Phinperor formerly In_Flames Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    VA
    This is the site I usually visit for fantasy related news, etc. - http://www.barracudafantasysports.com/

For actual fantasy play I usually do yahoo sports or ESPN. Did Fanball for a year and hated it.

daphins likes this.
  5. daphins

daphins A-Style

Mar 22, 2008
    That's up in the air. We'll cover that in the meeting. Extensive AJAX use is what I had in mind, but this guy is a whiz at flash so it'll end up being his choice.

6. DrAstroZoom

DrAstroZoom Canary in a Coal Mine Luxury Box

Jan 8, 2008
    Springfield, Ill.
    I think Yahoo has about the best interface going.

daphins likes this.
  7. daphins

daphins A-Style

Mar 22, 2008
    That's what we've been using. I'm going to try to keep it clean and simple like Yahoo with a lot more options. they're too bare bones for me.